• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the page layout of a TASK page using visualforce when in edit mode. I have 3 task record types and wanted to change to their layouts based on a drop down which corresponds to a record type;

General Task
Order Call task
Credit Control Task

Each of these record types has their own page layout and so I wanted to change these dynamically in edit mode based on what is selected in the drop down.

I can see there is some code for this at this link, but it refers to the opportunity;
http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Visualforce_DynamicEditPage

I had some trouble working with tasks and visual force in the past wondered if anyone knew if this could work with a task also.

Many Thanks!

• February 28, 2012

Has anyone else had a problem with creating html email templates using internet explorer.

The body section where it says 'Click here to add text' is not editable, it won't allow text to be added to it.  You can add text to the subject without a problem. However when checked with firefox, it works as usual.

Would anyone have any information on this or know of a way to tweak the browser to fix this?

• February 15, 2011

Hello,

I've been using the Find Nearby App for a few weeks and the newest version is great so far. I have a problem however, The application is just not finding a particular address on an account, (it has located over 200 out of 600) even when I simplify the address to town and county. I've searched for the address in google maps and it's finds it straight away.

So is it the case that if you can find the address in google maps, you should be able to find it through 'Find Nearby Accounts' via salesforce? or does it not work that way??

The mapping Address field value is Billing and that's where the address is, but I keep getting the error video for bad address.

• February 08, 2011

Can you tell me if it is possible when editing the opportunity to also have the products list available too? Rather than having to edit the opportunity, press save, then Add a product. Is it possible to add the products at the same time as editing the opportunity.

I have been researching this and there is an example of a recruiting app mixing two objects on the one page. They have a many to many relationship just like opportunities to products but there is no standard controller for opportunity products and I believe the relationship is more complex that the recruiting app example. As the diagram in the link below illustrates;

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_erd_products.htm

Would anyone have any example code for this?

• February 01, 2011

Hello, Is it possible to create a button on a task called 'Save & Create New Opportunity' which when clicked will open a new opportunity window with the Account field pre-populated with the related to field from the task (the task would have been created off an account). It is just cutting out some steps.

I am wondering if this can be done using just visualforce without the need to go into eclipse or something similar and create test classes etc...

I'm new to visualforce and there is an online tutorial that I have found very helpful in teaching me the basics. (http://www.salesforcetrainingpodcasts.com/courses/dev405/shell-orig.htm)

I created a similar button some time ago with the help of salesforce, I think we used apex (Create case button on an Opportunity - it dragged a number of fields from the opportunity into the case so that the user didn't have to populate them manually) but unfortunately have lost the code.

Any feedback would be appreciated,

DAC

• February 01, 2011

Hello,

I have come accross this problem a few times and still can't find a satisfactory solution. The issue is related to products. So I thought someone out htere must have also encountered it as it is a common structure that many companies would take to their products. 

I would like to bundle products so that when you select a product you then have a choice of selecting the breeakdown/makup of that product.  I need products and sub-products.

For example a single opp can be made up of the following main products and sub products, each requires a price associated with it;

Each opportunity can have several main products/ (packages/ bundles )

Blue Solution  100  (main product/ (package/ bundle ))

Training 20     (sub product)

Software 40   (sub product)

hardware 40   (sub product)

Red Solution  80  (main product/ (package/ bundle ))

Training 25     (sub product)

Software 30    (sub product)

hardware 25    (sub product)

I can't seem to achieve this so we have decided to have each segment listed as a product. For example the pricebook will no longer contain just Blue Solution, Red Solution it will have 

Blue Solution Training

Blue Solution Software

Blue Solution harware

Red Solution Training

Red Solution Software

Red Solution harware

and the sales rep picks these for each sale. 

That is all fine until you try to report on  the number of blue solutions sold in a month or year. Instead of getting the quantity of 5 blue solutions (no.of opportunities) you get 15 as it counts the number of line items (opportunity and product report required).

I have created a multi-picklist in the main opportunity so as to record what was sold, red solution;blue solution however a report will summarise by the combinations of those chosen and not by individual values in the picklist. 

I would be so grateful if anyone has any ideas on how to tackle this issue. I know so many companies out there do not simply sell straight forward products, they sell packages, so how do they deal with this?

I see the app exchange has a package called product bundles, but it doesn't really tackle the problem I am having. 

Thanks 

dac

• January 13, 2010

Hello, I want to use standard set controller for task.
But, I think task is specific object.

Is there a noted point when I use?

Regards,

Has anyone else had a problem with creating html email templates using internet explorer.

The body section where it says 'Click here to add text' is not editable, it won't allow text to be added to it.  You can add text to the subject without a problem. However when checked with firefox, it works as usual.

Would anyone have any information on this or know of a way to tweak the browser to fix this?

• February 15, 2011

Hello,

I've been using the Find Nearby App for a few weeks and the newest version is great so far. I have a problem however, The application is just not finding a particular address on an account, (it has located over 200 out of 600) even when I simplify the address to town and county. I've searched for the address in google maps and it's finds it straight away.

So is it the case that if you can find the address in google maps, you should be able to find it through 'Find Nearby Accounts' via salesforce? or does it not work that way??

The mapping Address field value is Billing and that's where the address is, but I keep getting the error video for bad address.

• February 08, 2011

Can you tell me if it is possible when editing the opportunity to also have the products list available too? Rather than having to edit the opportunity, press save, then Add a product. Is it possible to add the products at the same time as editing the opportunity.

I have been researching this and there is an example of a recruiting app mixing two objects on the one page. They have a many to many relationship just like opportunities to products but there is no standard controller for opportunity products and I believe the relationship is more complex that the recruiting app example. As the diagram in the link below illustrates;

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_erd_products.htm

Would anyone have any example code for this?

• February 01, 2011

Hello, Is it possible to create a button on a task called 'Save & Create New Opportunity' which when clicked will open a new opportunity window with the Account field pre-populated with the related to field from the task (the task would have been created off an account). It is just cutting out some steps.

I am wondering if this can be done using just visualforce without the need to go into eclipse or something similar and create test classes etc...

I'm new to visualforce and there is an online tutorial that I have found very helpful in teaching me the basics. (http://www.salesforcetrainingpodcasts.com/courses/dev405/shell-orig.htm)

I created a similar button some time ago with the help of salesforce, I think we used apex (Create case button on an Opportunity - it dragged a number of fields from the opportunity into the case so that the user didn't have to populate them manually) but unfortunately have lost the code.

Any feedback would be appreciated,

DAC

• February 01, 2011

Looking to create a VF page which will google map multiple leads. I would like this to happen behind a button. Any suggestions

Thank you,

Adnan