• 75 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Does anyone know why an email alert triggered from a workflow would not be creating the associated activity history? Emails sent through the interface, through Apex, and through the API are all logged in activity history (when the appropriate information is set). The email alert is set to be sent to the Contact Email (standard) field.

Thanks!

Is there any way to allow daisy-chaining of CNAMES? For example:

CNAME.EndUser.com --> CNAME.OurDomain.com --> OurDomain.Force.com 

I'm quite sure this functionality doesn't yet exist, but I'm wondering if it might ever so we can determine whether Force.com Sites can support our business requirements. I also think it's an important consideration for any end-user customizable applications people might want to build on Force.com. 

We're developing an application to provide customers with customized web pages. We want to offer a high degree of customization, including subdomains. Without going into too much detail on the functionality, imagine that we create a page for Company A. The page is served from a Force.com site at www.CustomizedPages.com. This part is fairly straightforward; we just create a CNAME record with our domain registrar.  

But now imagine that Company A wants to display a customized page under its own domain, such as at CustomizedPage.CompanyA.com. They would need to do this with a CNAME to www.CustomizedPages.com, which in turn would CNAME to the Force.com Sites platform.

Problem is, Force.com Sites doesn't know what to do with the CNAME CustomizedPage.CompanyA.com. So it doesn't handle the request, and doesn't render the page. 

So, two questions:

1. Is it currently possible to handle this, such as by writing a custom error handler? 
  2. If it's not currently possible to this, might it ever be? 

If the answer to both questions is no, we'll probably need to bypass Force.com Sites for another platform, which would be a shame given how rapidly we've been able to develop our prototype application.

Thanks for all help,

Simon 

Does anyone know why an email alert triggered from a workflow would not be creating the associated activity history? Emails sent through the interface, through Apex, and through the API are all logged in activity history (when the appropriate information is set). The email alert is set to be sent to the Contact Email (standard) field.

Thanks!

Is there any way to allow daisy-chaining of CNAMES? For example:

CNAME.EndUser.com --> CNAME.OurDomain.com --> OurDomain.Force.com 

I'm quite sure this functionality doesn't yet exist, but I'm wondering if it might ever so we can determine whether Force.com Sites can support our business requirements. I also think it's an important consideration for any end-user customizable applications people might want to build on Force.com. 

We're developing an application to provide customers with customized web pages. We want to offer a high degree of customization, including subdomains. Without going into too much detail on the functionality, imagine that we create a page for Company A. The page is served from a Force.com site at www.CustomizedPages.com. This part is fairly straightforward; we just create a CNAME record with our domain registrar.  

But now imagine that Company A wants to display a customized page under its own domain, such as at CustomizedPage.CompanyA.com. They would need to do this with a CNAME to www.CustomizedPages.com, which in turn would CNAME to the Force.com Sites platform.

Problem is, Force.com Sites doesn't know what to do with the CNAME CustomizedPage.CompanyA.com. So it doesn't handle the request, and doesn't render the page. 

So, two questions:

1. Is it currently possible to handle this, such as by writing a custom error handler? 
  2. If it's not currently possible to this, might it ever be? 

If the answer to both questions is no, we'll probably need to bypass Force.com Sites for another platform, which would be a shame given how rapidly we've been able to develop our prototype application.

Thanks for all help,

Simon