• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am in the process of developing a custom page in place of the standard for a custom object.

So far I have been able to display the data for the custom object on my custom page. However, I would like to use on my custom  page are some of the standard blocks such as Activity History, Approval History and Notes & Attachments.

I believe I saw somewhere, a while ago when researching something else, on the Salesforce site how to do this but have been unable to find the resource again.

Is this possible and how can it be done?
  • March 05, 2010
I am attempting to replace a standard page for a custom page when the New button is clicked for a custom object.

So far I have been able to create Visualforce custom page.

Next I go to Create > Objects and select my custom object.

In the Standard Buttons and Links block I click on Edit for New.

The override page is displayed however when I select Override With Visulaforce Page the dropdown only lists "-- None --"

When I click on Edit for the Tab, the override With Visualforce Page drop down lists my custom Visualforce page.

Is there a configuration/customization value I am missing?

Why is my custom page not listed in the dropdown when I attempt to override the New page?

As an example I am using the following article

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Visualforce_DynamicEditPage
  • March 03, 2010

I am currently evaluating Salesforce.com for my company. One of the areas of interest is Workflow and Approvals.

From the Salesforce.com web site I have been able to follow a video presentation on creating a multiple step approval process. From my own tests I have been able to add, edit and delete steps. The functionality I would like to see is the re-ordering of steps. Is this possible? If it is how is this achieved?

• February 25, 2010
I am developing a custom object, Work Order, that has an Opportunity field that is a look up relationship with the Opportunity object.

When the Stage of the Opportunity is changed to 'Closed Won' a trigger is fired that creates a new Work Order record.

Although the code compiles, in practice when the trigger fires an exception is thrown. The work order record is created however there is no link between the Opportunity and Work Order. 

The message displayed is as follows:

Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger opportunityIsWon caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: opportunityIsWon: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.StringException: Invalid id: Test 02D: Trigger.opportunityIsWon: line 16, column 13

The trigger code is as follows:

trigger opportunityIsWon on Opportunity (after update) {

for (Opportunity opp : Trigger.new) {
        if (opp.StageName == 'Closed Won') {
       Work_Order__c workOrder = new Work_Order__c();
         workOrder.Description__c = opp.Name;
       workOrder.Status__c = 'New';

workOrder.Opportunity__c = opp.Name;

insert workOrder;
        }

}
}

How can I programmatically link the Opportunity and Work Order objects?
  • February 01, 2010
I am in the process of developing a custom page in place of the standard for a custom object.

So far I have been able to display the data for the custom object on my custom page. However, I would like to use on my custom  page are some of the standard blocks such as Activity History, Approval History and Notes & Attachments.

I believe I saw somewhere, a while ago when researching something else, on the Salesforce site how to do this but have been unable to find the resource again.

Is this possible and how can it be done?
  • March 05, 2010
I am attempting to replace a standard page for a custom page when the New button is clicked for a custom object.

So far I have been able to create Visualforce custom page.

Next I go to Create > Objects and select my custom object.

In the Standard Buttons and Links block I click on Edit for New.

The override page is displayed however when I select Override With Visulaforce Page the dropdown only lists "-- None --"

When I click on Edit for the Tab, the override With Visualforce Page drop down lists my custom Visualforce page.

Is there a configuration/customization value I am missing?

Why is my custom page not listed in the dropdown when I attempt to override the New page?

As an example I am using the following article

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Visualforce_DynamicEditPage
  • March 03, 2010

I am currently evaluating Salesforce.com for my company. One of the areas of interest is Workflow and Approvals.

From the Salesforce.com web site I have been able to follow a video presentation on creating a multiple step approval process. From my own tests I have been able to add, edit and delete steps. The functionality I would like to see is the re-ordering of steps. Is this possible? If it is how is this achieved?

• February 25, 2010
I am developing a custom object, Work Order, that has an Opportunity field that is a look up relationship with the Opportunity object.

When the Stage of the Opportunity is changed to 'Closed Won' a trigger is fired that creates a new Work Order record.

Although the code compiles, in practice when the trigger fires an exception is thrown. The work order record is created however there is no link between the Opportunity and Work Order. 

The message displayed is as follows:

Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger opportunityIsWon caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: opportunityIsWon: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.StringException: Invalid id: Test 02D: Trigger.opportunityIsWon: line 16, column 13

The trigger code is as follows:

trigger opportunityIsWon on Opportunity (after update) {

for (Opportunity opp : Trigger.new) {
        if (opp.StageName == 'Closed Won') {
       Work_Order__c workOrder = new Work_Order__c();
         workOrder.Description__c = opp.Name;
       workOrder.Status__c = 'New';

workOrder.Opportunity__c = opp.Name;

insert workOrder;
        }

}
}

How can I programmatically link the Opportunity and Work Order objects?
  • February 01, 2010