• 50 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We're customizing the layouts of the public knowledge base site to display Knowledge Articles but have hit a couple snags.

First, I need to put the title of an Article (or some portion thereof) in the <title> of the html display. I can't find anywhere in the controller (KnowledgeController.cls) to access any information about the current Article being displayed.

Similarly, the styling around the Article needs to be adjusted but I can't find the page I need. I see the layout (knowledgeLayout.page) and the pages for Home, Product and Search. Where's the "knowledgeArticle.page"?

Hi,

I have a test method which tests a number of Knowledgebase related objects. In my Apex Class, I have the following code:

String queryvar = 'FIND \'' + '*' + searchQ + '*' + '\'' + ' IN ALL FIELDS Returning ' + 'Knowledgebase__kav(Id, Title, Summary, UrlName WHERE PublishStatus =\'Online\')';
        List<List<SObject>> searchList = search.query(queryvar);
        Knowledgebase__kav [] documents = ((List<Knowledgebase__kav>)searchList[0]);
        if (!documents.isEmpty()) {
            for (Knowledgebase__kav c : documents) {
                // Do stuff...
            }   
        }  else {
            // Do different stuff...
        }

In my test method I then create a new Knowlegebase__kav object but when trying to set PublishStatus = 'Online', I'm told the field is not writeable. I need to mark it as 'Online' as that's what my Apex Class is looking for.

Any great ideas?

Cheers.

/Søren Nødskov Hansen

Currently we are in situaiton where we have to import Archived Articles from other system into SFDC, but Import says that ArchivedDate field is read only and is not creatable due to which we are not able to import those articles.

Another thing is that the other system has articles archived with old date and SFDC Knowledge only allowes archived date as today and future dates. 

Is there any work around to resolve these issues?

We're customizing the layouts of the public knowledge base site to display Knowledge Articles but have hit a couple snags.

First, I need to put the title of an Article (or some portion thereof) in the <title> of the html display. I can't find anywhere in the controller (KnowledgeController.cls) to access any information about the current Article being displayed.

Similarly, the styling around the Article needs to be adjusted but I can't find the page I need. I see the layout (knowledgeLayout.page) and the pages for Home, Product and Search. Where's the "knowledgeArticle.page"?

Hi,

I have a test method which tests a number of Knowledgebase related objects. In my Apex Class, I have the following code:

String queryvar = 'FIND \'' + '*' + searchQ + '*' + '\'' + ' IN ALL FIELDS Returning ' + 'Knowledgebase__kav(Id, Title, Summary, UrlName WHERE PublishStatus =\'Online\')';
        List<List<SObject>> searchList = search.query(queryvar);
        Knowledgebase__kav [] documents = ((List<Knowledgebase__kav>)searchList[0]);
        if (!documents.isEmpty()) {
            for (Knowledgebase__kav c : documents) {
                // Do stuff...
            }   
        }  else {
            // Do different stuff...
        }

In my test method I then create a new Knowlegebase__kav object but when trying to set PublishStatus = 'Online', I'm told the field is not writeable. I need to mark it as 'Online' as that's what my Apex Class is looking for.

Any great ideas?

Cheers.

/Søren Nødskov Hansen

I am trying to grab the count for visitors looking at the knowledgebase articles we have setup. I can see that this is being tracked within the salesforce system but I would like to know if it is possible to retrieve this total count via an SOQL query.

I would be grateful for any assistance on this.

• July 12, 2010

I’m using the Visualforce knowledge:articleListcall. On the output of this is there any way to display the LastModifiedDate of the article??

Ie:

<knowledge:articleList articleVar="article" hasMoreVar="hasMore"categories="{!categoryGroupNameVar}:{!currentCategory}">

{!article.title}| {!article.LastModifiedDate}

</knowledge:articleList>

There is no documentation reference anywhere to the output variables fromthe ArticleList.

Interesting to note the SFDC error when an improper variableis called: it shows an authentication error.

-Scott 

Is Salesforce Knowledge available in Customer Portal?

thanks! 

• January 31, 2010