• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm pretty new to the SOQL world and I am having trouble with a relationship query. I am trying to return the OpportunityID of an opportunity associated with a specific account and having a specific partner. Below is the query, any help is appreciated. sellerID and buyerID are variables holding salesforce record ids for the appropriate accounts. 

"select o.Id from Opportunity o where o.AccountID = '"+sellerID+"' and o.Partners.AccountFromID ='"+buyerID+"'";

When I run the query I get the following error.

Didn't understand relationship 'Partners' in field path. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

I am integrating from .NET code using the Enterprise WSDL. When I look at the WSDL or the autocomplete in Visual Studio I see the Partners relationship with the return type of 'QueryResult'. However when I do a describeSObject("Opportunity") I don't see it. Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help. 

I have a requirement to kick an update in my on-premise system whenever updates are done to certain fields within SalesForce.com. 

Basically I need to subscribe to some sort of update in Salesforce and push that update down to my on-premise system in some form or fashion in real-time.

I really don't know how to look this up as everything I search for points me to posts about pushing data up to salesforce. Thanks in advance for any help.

akirpalani

I have a requirement to kick an update in my on-premise system whenever updates are done to certain fields within SalesForce.com. 

Basically I need to subscribe to some sort of update in Salesforce and push that update down to my on-premise system in some form or fashion in real-time.

I really don't know how to look this up as everything I search for points me to posts about pushing data up to salesforce. Thanks in advance for any help.

akirpalani