• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have created a apex trigger in my developer edition and I want to use it in my company's professional edition.

It is my understanding that to do that, I need to create a package and pass a security review. Is there anything else that I need to do (I have created a test class that covers 100%)?

Also, the trigger that I made works on a custom object as well as a built in object (case) with custom fields added. The custom object and fields already exist in my company's professional edition. How will that work? When I tried to use the deploy option in eclipse with the force.com plugin, I noticed that it gave me the choice to remove the action to overwrite the custom objects, but when I created the (unmanaged) package it didn't give me any similar options. Will the package automatically detect if the dependencies already exist or will it overwrite the objects (I would like it to NOT overwrite)? I did not recreate the custom object exactly as it is in my company's instance, just the fields that are needed in the trigger.

Thanks for any help.

I have created an apex trigger in my developer edition of salesforce, and now I need to deploy/package it and install it onto my company's professional edition.

First of all, I believe it is possible but not 100% sure. I've been searching around, and it seems like apex triggers can be packaged and installed on professional edition but need to pass a security test or something. Can anyone fill me in on this or point me to something that explains it?

Also, assuming it is possible I have a few questions. The trigger that I made works on a custom object as well as a built in object (case) with custom fields added. The custom object and fields already exist in my company's professional edition. How will that work? When I tried to use the deply option in eclipse with the force.com plugin, I noticed that it gave me the choice to remove the action to overwrite the custom objects, but when I created the (unmanaged) package it didn't give me any similar options. Will the package automatically detect if the dependencies already exist or will it overwrite the objects (I would like it to NOT overwrite)? I did not recreate the custom object exactly as it is in my company's instance, just the fields that are needed in the trigger.

Thanks for any help.

I have created a apex trigger in my developer edition and I want to use it in my company's professional edition.

It is my understanding that to do that, I need to create a package and pass a security review. Is there anything else that I need to do (I have created a test class that covers 100%)?

Also, the trigger that I made works on a custom object as well as a built in object (case) with custom fields added. The custom object and fields already exist in my company's professional edition. How will that work? When I tried to use the deploy option in eclipse with the force.com plugin, I noticed that it gave me the choice to remove the action to overwrite the custom objects, but when I created the (unmanaged) package it didn't give me any similar options. Will the package automatically detect if the dependencies already exist or will it overwrite the objects (I would like it to NOT overwrite)? I did not recreate the custom object exactly as it is in my company's instance, just the fields that are needed in the trigger.

Thanks for any help.

I have created an apex trigger in my developer edition of salesforce, and now I need to deploy/package it and install it onto my company's professional edition.

First of all, I believe it is possible but not 100% sure. I've been searching around, and it seems like apex triggers can be packaged and installed on professional edition but need to pass a security test or something. Can anyone fill me in on this or point me to something that explains it?

Also, assuming it is possible I have a few questions. The trigger that I made works on a custom object as well as a built in object (case) with custom fields added. The custom object and fields already exist in my company's professional edition. How will that work? When I tried to use the deply option in eclipse with the force.com plugin, I noticed that it gave me the choice to remove the action to overwrite the custom objects, but when I created the (unmanaged) package it didn't give me any similar options. Will the package automatically detect if the dependencies already exist or will it overwrite the objects (I would like it to NOT overwrite)? I did not recreate the custom object exactly as it is in my company's instance, just the fields that are needed in the trigger.

Thanks for any help.