• Member since 2010
  • Business Analysis

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Anyone experiencing issues with the latest version of the Chatter app NOT respecting Visualforce pages?

If so, do you have a workaround you can share?

Our account page is VF page and the new chatter app NOW allows our user to edit fields we do not allow them to in the browser (via the VF page). We want to lockdown all the objects (except Chatter) so they are not editable. Anyone know how to do that wth the new chatter app

Thanks in advance,

petyr

• September 17, 2013

Need to ammend the following validation rule. As it is written the rule only allows users with an EMEA support, product develoment or solutions management role can assign cases to the IMG-Tier 3 queue or edit cases assigned to this queue.

I need to update the validation rule below to allow users to add case comments to the case wihtout this notification triggering

AND( CONTAINS( CaseTeam__c, 'Tier 3'), NOT(CONTAINS( $UserRole.Name , 'Support')), NOT(CONTAINS( $UserRole.Name , 'Solutions')), NOT(CONTAINS( $UserRole.Name , 'Product')), CONTAINS( $UserRole.Name, 'EMEA') )

I just installed Swarm 3 and ran into the following issue.

" Collection size 1,320 exceeds maximum size of 1,000" 

It appears under all the the Swarm Rule Wizard tabs. 

How can I fix this?

thanks,

I'm tyring to display the contact's account record type on contact page layout but the formula below does not appear to work.

CASE( Account.RecordTypeId, 012E0000000IzcN, "Health System",012E0000000IzcI, "Hospital", 012E0000000IzcX, "Competitor", 012E0000000IzcS, "Partner-vendor","blank")

I get the following error message... Error: Syntax error. Missing ')'   AND the following line of the formula is highlighted E0000000IzcN.

any help would be appreciated.

I think I already know the answer to this question but just want to confirm it.

We use a mail merge document to pull data out of SFDC into a Word doc and send it off to customer to confirm our data in correct.  Is there any way to port the update information the customer has provided in the word doc back into SFDC?

Thanks,

petyr

Can CONTAINS or BEGINS used to reference a lookup field, or does it have to be text?  The following formula for a lead assignment rule is not working. I figured it most be how I'm using CONTAINS and/or BEGINS. 

ISPICKVAL(Geography__c, "EMEA") && CONTAINS (Product_Interest__c, "Alliance") &&

BEGINS (Product_Interest__c, "GA")
If I can't use functions CONTAINS or BEGINS, what would I use to make sure a person was assigned a lead when the Geography is EMA, Product Interest begins with "GA" and Product Interest contains "Alliances".  I have to go with creating this rule in a formula because I can't reference the Product Interest field in the via the standard lead assignment UI because the Product Interest field is a lookup field.
thanks in advance for your help.

Is there a pull the values of a custom field on a custom object appear on an activity page layout?

I want the values of a picklist field in a custom object to appear on an activity page layout. I thought I could create a formula field that would reference the object and the field, so I wouldn't have to recreate the field under activities. Unfortunately it's not working. Would I have to create a activity Visualforce page to make this happen?

Many thanks,

p

I am receiving this error on a custom object that is preventing the validation from passing.

Any ideas what could be done to fix this?

Type - Custom Object Definition

Problem - CancelEdit is not a standard action and cannot be overridden.

• September 09, 2013

Hi,

i need to export all chatter files from one salesforce organization and import them back to another organization to related records. This includes the private files and comments in chatter. There are more than 1000 files that i need to export and import.

Please help me find the best possible way ! Thanks.

Hi there,

I opened a case with premier support because I get a Visualforce error java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException when I try to change the report format to "Joined" in the report builder.  

Premier support replied: If you have made any kind of VisualForce modifications to your instance, we are not able to support it. Have you made any modifications? If so I would recommend checking developer.force.com. 

Actually we do have 2 VF pages.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Thanks,

Erik

I'm tyring to display the contact's account record type on contact page layout but the formula below does not appear to work.

CASE( Account.RecordTypeId, 012E0000000IzcN, "Health System",012E0000000IzcI, "Hospital", 012E0000000IzcX, "Competitor", 012E0000000IzcS, "Partner-vendor","blank")

I get the following error message... Error: Syntax error. Missing ')'   AND the following line of the formula is highlighted E0000000IzcN.

any help would be appreciated.