• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

In Trigger,I need to get the Button details  (There are 2 buttons for those two buttons we need to invoke a trigger ,but depends on "Button" type we need to perform an action in trigger)

one button is will only "save" the case. and another button "at a time will save and redirect to another url "

we can go to that url using 2 ways..

if we will use first button ,after submit the case ,in detailed section we have one button,if we clicked on that we can move to that url.

or else if we use 2nd button directly the case will save and redirect to that url.

Here the buttons are in "Edit" section of a page & in setup I am not able to find those buttons.

Please Provide me any other solution for same requirement ? 

Does anyone know how to override the "save" button for custom objects? I want to go to another SF webpage after completing a object insert. The only override I see is the "Accept" button, but it doesn't appear to be the "Save" button. Perhaps this is not possible because then it wouldn't be possible to insert the record into the DB.
So if this is the case does anyone know how to accomplish this:
I have two tables
Orders
Order Items

User adds an item: Currently when the item page "save" is it it goes to the completed item...instead I want to have it go back to the "Orders" page.

Any help with be much appreciated.
  • March 06, 2008
Hey Everyone,

I have an interesting task. There are two custom objects. Project and Production Run. Production Run has a master detail relationship to Project. When creating a Production Run from a project, I want to redirect the user to Send an Email page so they can directly notify the client of the specific production that has completed. There are too many variables to do this automatically which is why I am redirecting to Send an Email on save.

There are a few merge fields that I need included on the email, all of which are on the Project level. The first being the project itself, the second being a contact on the project level, and the third being a few text fields each with a different email address. The mapping I used is below:

p2=Contact
p2_lkid=Contact ID
p3_lkid=Project ID

Here is the saveURL link:

saveURL=/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?p3_lkid={!Project_cc__c.Id}&p2={!Project_cc__c.Send_files_to__c}&p2_lkid={!Project_cc__c.Send_files_toId__c}

For some reason when pressing save only the first parameter is passed to emailauthor.jsp and all the rest disapear. The URL I am taken to is:

https://na5.salesforce.com/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?p3_lkid=a0670000001DiIn&newid=a0770000001hWjZ

It looks like the newID parameter cuts off any of the other parameters I have specified in saveURL. Does anyone have any good ideas as to how to make this work?

Thanks
  • October 17, 2007