• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I set my CNAME records and tried to get a custom web address working, custom web address would not be accepted in sites and said there were no CNAME records when there clearly were (DNS lookups).   Are dashes "-" accepted in a Sites custom address?

When I tried to navigate to my page I got "na7" domain login page, permissions should be fine as I had web forwarding working to the site ealrier before trying the CNAME.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi,

I have a Custome object which is a list of products that I am displaying in sites, I have a sub navigation menu that lists the products by category, I would like to pass the category selected as a variable so that the page that is linked to just filters from teh prodycts table based on the selection.

Am I correct in thinking I need an ID to do this and in that case I would need a master detail realtionship for my category rather than a picklist?

<apex:component controller="SoftwareDFListController">
            <apex:repeat value="{!Software}" var="swdfItem">
                <table id="swtable">
                <tr><th colspan="2">{!swdfItem.Name} - {!swdfItem.Vendor__c}</th></tr>
                <tr><td class="odd">Vendor Description: </td><td><apex:outputText escape="false" value="{!swdfItem.Vendor_Description__c}"/></td></tr>
                <tr><td class="odd">Addtional Links: </td><td><apex:outputLink target="_blank" value="{!swdfItem.Vendor_Link__c}">Vendor Product Site</apex:outputLink></td></tr>
                </table>
            </apex:repeat>            
</apex:component>

:

ublic class SoftwareDFListController {
public Software__c[] Software {
		get {
			return [SELECT Name, Category__c, Vendor_Description__c, Vendor__c, Vendor_Link__c FROM Software__c WHERE Category__c ='Product1' ORDER BY Name];
		}
	}

testmethod static void test() {
		SoftwareDFListController swdflc = new SoftwareDFListController();
		Software__c[] items = swdflc.Software;
	}
}

Here is my current controller I would like Category_c to be a variable can I pass the category names in a URL or do I need them to be an Id and in that case do I need to make Category it's own table / object as a lookup.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

<li><apex:outputLink value="{!$Site.Prefix}page?pageid=xxxxMAE">Product1</apex:outputLink></li>
          <li><apex:outputLink value="{!$Site.Prefix}page?pageid=xxxxMAE">Product2</apex:outputLink></li>
          <li><apex:outputLink value="{!$Site.Prefix}page?pageid=xxxxMAE">Product3</apex:outputLink></li>

• April 24, 2010

Hi,

I think this is a VF question as much as CMSForce I have a templates in CMSForce which contains my navbar but this navbar will have hyperlinks to pages created from templates using CMSForce.

It seems that CMSForce has the HomePage as a VF page which is accessible using a URLFOR and  {$Page.HomePage}, where are the other page objects stored and how do I access thos objects?

So why would I want to do it this way...well good use of templates is you have areas that the people who know html etc can modify and you have other sections on the page that an SF user who knows how to use a word processor can modify, CMSForce (on face value) offers a nice way of achieveing this.

Thanks for any assistance.

Scott

• March 18, 2010

Hi,

I have a Custome object which is a list of products that I am displaying in sites, I have a sub navigation menu that lists the products by category, I would like to pass the category selected as a variable so that the page that is linked to just filters from teh prodycts table based on the selection.

Am I correct in thinking I need an ID to do this and in that case I would need a master detail realtionship for my category rather than a picklist?

<apex:component controller="SoftwareDFListController">
            <apex:repeat value="{!Software}" var="swdfItem">
                <table id="swtable">
                <tr><th colspan="2">{!swdfItem.Name} - {!swdfItem.Vendor__c}</th></tr>
                <tr><td class="odd">Vendor Description: </td><td><apex:outputText escape="false" value="{!swdfItem.Vendor_Description__c}"/></td></tr>
                <tr><td class="odd">Addtional Links: </td><td><apex:outputLink target="_blank" value="{!swdfItem.Vendor_Link__c}">Vendor Product Site</apex:outputLink></td></tr>
                </table>
            </apex:repeat>            
</apex:component>

:

ublic class SoftwareDFListController {
public Software__c[] Software {
		get {
			return [SELECT Name, Category__c, Vendor_Description__c, Vendor__c, Vendor_Link__c FROM Software__c WHERE Category__c ='Product1' ORDER BY Name];
		}
	}

testmethod static void test() {
		SoftwareDFListController swdflc = new SoftwareDFListController();
		Software__c[] items = swdflc.Software;
	}
}

Here is my current controller I would like Category_c to be a variable can I pass the category names in a URL or do I need them to be an Id and in that case do I need to make Category it's own table / object as a lookup.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

<li><apex:outputLink value="{!$Site.Prefix}page?pageid=xxxxMAE">Product1</apex:outputLink></li>
          <li><apex:outputLink value="{!$Site.Prefix}page?pageid=xxxxMAE">Product2</apex:outputLink></li>
          <li><apex:outputLink value="{!$Site.Prefix}page?pageid=xxxxMAE">Product3</apex:outputLink></li>

• April 24, 2010

One of our customers already has our managed package installed.

Now when he tries to install a new version he gets the message:

"Missing organisation feature: Scontrols"

I thought that existing SControls should still work.

We did not add any new SControls.

Do I have to enable the SControls feature in all existing customer orgs ?

Thanks.