• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, I just setup a new force.com site and I have configured CMSforce for it. 

When I add a NEW PAGE I get an error "Authintication Required you must first log in or register before accessing this page" and it will not display the page.

Thoughts?

Geoff

Has anyone done Personalized URL's or Personalized Landing Pages with force.com sites?

I am looking to be able to create a personalized landing page for a customer such as below:
www.freecarwash.ca/JohnDoe

The customer would receive the PURL on a postcard in the mail. When they go to the URL it would be pre-populated with the customers specific data.

Basically it is a pre-populated web form on a personalized url. 

Does anyone have a working example I can show my developer? Or can it even be done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I have not been able to find Siteforce licensing and pricing information. Please point me in the right direction?

Hello,

I was not able to go to Dreamforce 11, but I got a email newsletter from Salesforce.com that provided a link to some of the DF11 technical sessions that are posted on YouTube.  The one that immediately caught my attention was the one about SiteForce.  Rather than wade through an hour-long presentation, though, I thought I'd try to get info directly from Salesforce.com.  If you go to the SiteForce promo page (http://www.salesforce.com/platform/siteforce/), you see a "Sign Me Up" button, and "Pricing & Editions" link under a "Next Steps" box, both of which take you to the promo page for Force.com (http://www.salesforce.com/platform/platform-edition/).  Naturally, I was confused by this, so I tried to use SF.com's live chat to get an answer; the rep that I spoke to barely knew what I was talking about, and certainly was not helpful.

Does anyone here know if this is just a repackaging of Force.com Sites, or is this something truly new?  Furthermore, would this be available in a testing version via your developer site, or is this something only available with a full-scale SF.com CRM license?  As someone who does Web sites for smaller scale businesses on the side occasionally, I can see the potential for this being a replacement for the traditional "web host" type site, if it's affordable.

• October 27, 2011

Has anyone done Personalized URL's or Personalized Landing Pages with force.com sites?

I am looking to be able to create a personalized landing page for a customer such as below:
www.freecarwash.ca/JohnDoe

The customer would receive the PURL on a postcard in the mail. When they go to the URL it would be pre-populated with the customers specific data.

Basically it is a pre-populated web form on a personalized url. 

Does anyone have a working example I can show my developer? Or can it even be done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.