• -1 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I need a simple record count to count total record of contacts in an Account object.

thx

------- 

nG 

• March 31, 2010

Hi,
I have 2 custom objects maproducts and macontacts. Since the macontacts can be of 3 different types like (prod, lead and marketing), I created many to many relation ship between the two custom objects using junction objects. Now the problem is I am not able to get a single report where i can get columns as maproduct, and 3 columns showing contact names for prod, lead and marketing contacts. Is it possible or the approach to solve the problem is wrong?

Hi,I have 2 custom objects maproducts and macontacts. Since the macontacts can be of 3 different types like (prod, lead and marketing), I created many to many relation ship between the two custom objects using junction objects. Now the problem is I am not able to get a single report where i can get columns as maproduct, and 3 columns showing contact names for prod, lead and marketing contacts. Is it possible or the approach to solve the problem is wrong?

Does anyone know the integration options that might be available besides the api?  Specifically, if we move from an enterprise license to a professional license, are there tools/methods we could use to take the place of the standard api methods?  I have heard there are, but would like to check them over.

thanks for any direction.

• October 04, 2010

Dear Members,

I would like to know if anybody can help us to construct an report that pick up informations from two or more diferents objects and bring them to an summarized new chart.

Thanks

Carlos Bussad

Hello,

For our company's specific needs, we'd like to enhance the search function a lot.

The standard enhanced search offers only 1 search field. But we'd like to add a few more fields.

So basically we want to create a few new filters. So we can search by date, opportunity, company, a free-word search etc etc...

Could anyone give us a nudge in the right direction?

Thank you in advance

• August 25, 2010

Hi all,

I'm new to Salesforce and was just wondering what the best approach would be to create the following situation:

We have a daily CSV file containing account information which needs to be imported in Salesforce automatically.

One column of this CSV file contains the account ID's which are similar to the ones in Salesforce so this will be the parent key.

Every record in the file contains a certain value, this value needs to be added up to the value in Salesforce for the specific account and parent account.

There will probably be more logic added to this, but this is the first step.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

• August 18, 2010

I need to to have the Product Family picklist display on the opportunity product line item.  I can't do this in a formula because I need the picklist to be available for other formulas and roll-up summary calculations.

Is this trigger difficult to build?  I can get someone to build it for me but I need a good estimate on how long it should take

Thanks in advance.

On the Leads tab, I created a field named "Salesperson".  I would like this field to auto populate the name in the Lead Owner field. I don't know how to map two fields on the Leads Tab.  Can anyone please help? 

WIthout a significant background in programming, how realistic would it be to learn Apex and about how much time would I need to commit to prepare for the developer certification training (for a reasonably intelligent individual)?  Should I start with Java or can I jump right into Apex?

To give you an idea of my background, I've studied javascript and have made my way around basic php but nothing too daunting.

Thanks for any help.

I use the linkage parent acocunt to link subsidiaries of companies -

when I view my account records I want to setup a visual force page that shows - just the view hieracrcy command works in an account but want to do this for all acocunts in a nice visualforce page.

parent 1

sub 1

sub 2

sub 3

parent 2

sub 4

sub 5

sub 6

i can do this in a report featues by - grouping by parent account.

but how do i do this in visualforce?

I was thinking my first step would get the parent name from the kids -

so I i can get the parent id from a sosl query but then don't know what to do with it - parents ahve more than one kid.

any suggestions?

I need a simple record count to count total record of contacts in an Account object.

thx

------- 

nG 

• March 31, 2010

I need to search two dependent objects and display the list of results in the view.

i.e., I have Customer as one object and the other as Account.

1. I need to pull all the customers with last name = xxyyzz with thier account number.

Please Help me, its urgent.

• December 29, 2010