• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am unsure if I am posting this in the correct place; please advise if there is a more appropriate forum to post this to.  I am preparing to begin my first engagement after becoming certified.  I will be assisting in the merging of two small (5 and 7 licenses) professional edition orgs in addition to providing training centering around dashboards and reporting.

Can anyone provide me with some good resources regarding best practices and advice for successful merge executions?  Thanks in advance!

Hi,
We have refreshed our Sandbox1 environment with Sandbox2. On Sandbox2, we had a formula field for the image defined as :
https://c.na8.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=015C0000001ejlA&oid=XXXXXXXXXXXXx&lastMod=1323901344000

Once this formula field gets migrated to Sandbox1, the oid value changes to the Org Id of sandbox1.. As the image is there only on Sandbox2, it renders the changed URL invalid and the image is not getting displayed.
Is there a way to avoid the org id value getting changed during refresh.
Are there any other better solutions to displaying the image rather than hardcoding the Image id and Org id in the above formula field.

Thanks.

I am unsure if I am posting this in the correct place; please advise if there is a more appropriate forum to post this to.  I am preparing to begin my first engagement after becoming certified.  I will be assisting in the merging of two small (5 and 7 licenses) professional edition orgs in addition to providing training centering around dashboards and reporting.

Can anyone provide me with some good resources regarding best practices and advice for successful merge executions?  Thanks in advance!

Ok, here is my issue.  I have 1 class that I am trying to get into production.   Just for simplicity I have only 1 method that returns a list of users.   With this one class I have a the test method, and I get 31% coverage. 

1.  Why is it that when I add more methods code coverage goes down?

2.  Why can I have my class with the 1 method and a test class completely empty and still have the same coverage as before?

3.  Please explain or point me in the right direction about the code coverage.

Thanks.

I created a list button that opens a popup VF page which contains a form. After the form is saved, I want the popup to close and for the parent window to be refreshed. The refresh works great on FireFox and Chrome, but IE8 is somehow opening the parent window in a new window, instead of just refreshing the existing window. I've gone through various methods of opening a new window (window.showModalDialog, window.open, etc) and have settled on window.open() in my list button. I also found a great piece of code on the forum that returns values from my controller, closes my pop up and refreshes the parent window. 

Why is IE8 opening a new window instead of just refreshing the existing one?

List button javascript:

window.open('/apex/quickCreateProduction?id={!Contact.Id}',"window","width=460, height=375");

Javascript in VF page (popup):

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
if("{!$Request.success}" == "true") {
	parent.window.close();
	parent.window.opener.location.href = "/{!$Request.id}";          
}
</script>

Save in custom controller (after success):

PageReference curPage = ApexPages.currentPage();
		curPage.getParameters().put('success','true');
		curPage.getParameters().put('id',Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id'));
		curPage.setRedirect(true);
		return curPage;

I could definitely use some help. Thanks in advance.

Adriel

• August 20, 2010