• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all:

The organization I am working for is a reseller of products. For some opportunities, they need to send an inquiry to the manufacturer to get a custom quote. They have defined a custom field in the Opportunity called Inquiry_Sent_To__c that references a specific Contact.

I'm working on developing a VisualForce page to automatically send an email to that manufacturer from the Oppt'y. I'm using the Oppt'y Standard Controller. I've tried {!Inquiry_Sent_To__r.Email} and I get the error  "Unknown property 'OpportunityStandardController.Inquiry_Sent_to__r}".  When I try {!Opportunity.Inquiry_Sent_To__c.Email} I get the error "Unknown property 'String.Email".

What am I missing here? Thanks.

I'm surprised I can't find this anywhere: I'm trying to make a custom mailto: link in SFDC that automatically bcc's the user's Email to Salesforce address:

mailto:{!Contact.email}?bcc={!$User.????}

How can I refer to this?

Dear fellow members of the "Force",

I have trouble finding a better (more compressed!) way to build the following formula:

A field should check whether one of several countries is chosen ("OR"), then check whether

sex is "male" or "female", then generate a salutation text.

I came up with:

IF(
AND(
ISPICKVAL( Country_picklist__c, "Germany"),
ISPICKVAL (Sex__c, "M")), "Sehr geehrter Herr " + Title + " " + LastName ,
IF(
AND(
ISPICKVAL(Country_picklist__c, "Germany"),
ISPICKVAL (Sex__c, "F")), "Sehr geehrte Frau " + Title + " " + LastName,
null
))

I have no clue so far how to include the "OR" component for countries, which

would save me the increasingly long formula.

Helpful input will be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED !!!

Thanks in advance !

manuelforce

I am trying to create a formula that would look at the Contact.RecordType and if it said "Direct Sales Rep (DSR)" then if would look to see if Opportunities_DSR_Party_Source = Contact.Name if both were true then it would input the data from a field titled "Event_Coordinator_Name"

Thanks for any help

• May 17, 2010

Hi there,

I am trying to recreate a running total in Salesforce  from our old database system.  We have a custom object in SF with the following fields:

Producer1      Tyler             Producer 1 income $10k

Producer2      Carla           Producer 2 Income  $5k

Referral           Brian           Referral Income $2k

Each field has a picklist of users that can earn those particular income streams.  Those same people play different roles in each transaction so I need to run a report to include ALL the income a person gets. I'm not sure how to write a formula to loop to each field and add the amounts up in a report. Below is how I wrote it before as a crystal variable, but not sure how to loop around to do the same thing in SF. Are there variables or something similar in SF? Below I had to write this formula for each person to get their grand totals, but if there is a better/easier way to do this I am open to it!!! I just need to figure out a solution ASAP!

:= 0;
if {Referral To} = "Tyler" then TB + {referral amount}
else if {Producer 2} = "Tyler" then TB + {producer 2 income}
else if {Producer} = "Tyler" then TB+ {producer income}

This formula starts at zero and looks at a filtered group of records marked as "paid" and loops to each record looking where Tyler earned an income as producer, producer 1, and referral and gives me a grand total. We then use that grand total as that person's income and have leaderboards, etc. used with that total amount.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm stuck! Thanks so much!

Michele

Hi all:

The organization I am working for is a reseller of products. For some opportunities, they need to send an inquiry to the manufacturer to get a custom quote. They have defined a custom field in the Opportunity called Inquiry_Sent_To__c that references a specific Contact.

I'm working on developing a VisualForce page to automatically send an email to that manufacturer from the Oppt'y. I'm using the Oppt'y Standard Controller. I've tried {!Inquiry_Sent_To__r.Email} and I get the error  "Unknown property 'OpportunityStandardController.Inquiry_Sent_to__r}".  When I try {!Opportunity.Inquiry_Sent_To__c.Email} I get the error "Unknown property 'String.Email".

What am I missing here? Thanks.

Ok... so I'm a novice on Validation rules.... I want to make sure certain accounts (names) are not used in Opportunities.

Can someone assist me with that that validation string would look like?

Thanks

Ken

We are trying to work this out.....

Report with formula to calculate Lead Conversion Rate (LCR). We want this formula:

LCR = (Total number of leads with status X or Y or Z) / (Total number of Leads except those with status New)

• April 27, 2010

Hi,

I have a text  field with a link (for example) www.salesforce_1.com

And

I have a number field where I can enter 20, 35 or 100 depending on the record. (let´s suppose I have entered 25)

I would like to create a formula to obtain the 25 lines automatically: (all lines/links in the same field)

www.salesforce_1.com

www.salesforce_2.com

www.salesforce_3.com

www.salesforce_4.com

etc......

Any ideas??

Thank You!

Gizmo

I have used this in a query on the Attachment Object as a filter for the Name field.  I want it to filter in the following way.....

WHERE Name LIKE :CaseN AND Name LIKE 'ICB'

so it will pull anything with the Case Number and the string 'ICB' ANYWHERE in the Attachment Name.

As it seams to work I need to state the Name exactly to get any results...... which is no different then just using the ' = ' ......

Could anyone provide help on how to use the LIKE statement so it functions as a 'Contains' type of filter?

Thanks in advance....

if(caseN != null){
			String filter1 = CaseN + '_ICB.xls';
			//String filter2 = CaseN;
			CurrentDoc =  [
			  SELECT Id, Name, ContentType, CreatedDate FROM Attachment WHERE Name LIKE :filter1
			];

• April 23, 2010

I want to create a formula that displays data from the account table on the opportunity table.  I tried putting

!tablename.fieldname and tablename.fieldname but when I check the syntex "error: field tablename does not exist."  But tablename is not a field it is the table.  I hope I am making sence here :)  Any suggestions.

I'm surprised I can't find this anywhere: I'm trying to make a custom mailto: link in SFDC that automatically bcc's the user's Email to Salesforce address:

mailto:{!Contact.email}?bcc={!$User.????}

How can I refer to this?

How would you write a formula for me to the address from the address bar in a browser to my record so each time I create or update a record the address is populated in a custom field.

Hi,

I'm trying to make a custom field in contact. The meaning is to combine salutation and last name and put geachte in front of it. Geachte is the same as dear in english. So I want to use the field for mail merge. 

The formula below does work, but there's one problem. Some people are called for example "van voorden" as their last name. If there's no first name before "van", then van must be a capital. What do I have to do to make "van" an capital automatically?

"Geachte" & " " & CASE(Salutation, "mevrouw", "mevrouw", "heer" ) & " " & LastName

• April 22, 2010