• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello.

Our project-management application has a structure as follows: A Project_Template object has multiple Task_Template objects, which has multiple Dependency_Template objects, which has multiple Dependency_Filter objects.

I am currently building a class that walks through the project template and populates a new project based on the existing template(s).

I would have liked to select everything at once in a single SOQL query (like below) so that I can easily iterate through it.

this.projectTemplate = [SELECT Id, (SELECT Id, (SELECT Id, (SELECT Id FROM Dependency_Filters__r) FROM Dependency_Templates__r) FROM Task_Templates__r) FROM Project_Template__c WHERE Id = :ProjectTemplateId];

But of course, this is giving me the "SOQL statements cannot query aggregate relationships more than 1 level away from the root entity object." error.

So, my next thought was to write a wrapper class that queries each object as needed, that I could still iterate through. This task is proving more complex than I bargained for, and I am looking for an easier way to handle this entire process.

I can't imagine I'm the only one to have this issue. Is there anyone who could point me in the right direction, maybe some code samples?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I would like to ask if any expert know how to develop the Lookup button in the Visualforce Page. Thanks!

Best regards

• February 26, 2009