• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I am a new bee to the force.com development world and have a basic questions are currently developing in the free version  and will be soon going to the enterprise version.

I have created two custom objects Order Header and Order Line with few fields in each and also created a relationship field between the two and used a delivered page layout.

My issue is when I try to enter data for the order line ,the relationship field appears on the page with a look up.It would be pretty confusing for our users having to reneter\lookup the header row and assign it to the order line.

I read the documentation and looks like it is a required field and cannot be hidden or made read only. Was any body able to achieve this or how to get around this issue.

Appreciate all your help.

Hi All,

I am a new bee to the force.com development world and have a basic questions are currently developing in the free version  and will be soon going to the enterprise version.

I have created two custom objects Order Header and Order Line with few fields in each and also created a relationship field between the two and used a delivered page layout.

My issue is when I try to enter data for the order line ,the relationship field appears on the page with a look up.It would be pretty confusing for our users having to reneter\lookup the header row and assign it to the order line.

I read the documentation and looks like it is a required field and cannot be hidden or made read only. Was any body able to achieve this or how to get around this issue.

Appreciate all your help.