• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have a dashboard. And i have saved it in Public group that is accesable to every user.Now, i have the running user as one user inside the public group.

But its not working for me i.e. Dashboard is not getting emailed to anyone.

Thanks

• September 17, 2010

Is there any way in Salesforce to identify the converted account when compared to an Account created from the Account screen.

Does Salesforce differentiate based on ID or is it just the Lead Report after conversion that we need to refer to see the converted accounts?

Hey All

Is there an option in Eclipse IDE or best practices steps documentation available on "How to roll back from Production?" in case some major code changes happen.

I am curious there should be a easy way

One of the methods that I was suggested to follow was:

Change the code in QA (Sandbox) and Deploy to Production. Is this a suggested approach?

Since there were custom field level changes and changes in signature of the methods in the Class/Dependent Class that were being deployed it caused the deployment to fail.

Please suggest me any easier approach for this Issue.:(

Hi,

Please help me to create a report that display all the users who have not created any opportunity in last 7 days.

• September 20, 2010

Hi,

I have a dashboard. And i have saved it in Public group that is accesable to every user.Now, i have the running user as one user inside the public group.

But its not working for me i.e. Dashboard is not getting emailed to anyone.

Thanks

• September 17, 2010

I've got an updated verison of our app logo which is to be added and released.

Through the documents tab, I have opened up the logo document and replaced it with the new logo. I've released the new version (a major version upgrade - 1.3 to 1.4) and it has not updated my logo.

I had beta tested prior to the managed release but I had forgot to check the logo.

So why is this happening and can I change the logo via a patch upgrade?

Should I do it by creating a new document for the logo altogether (which would mean an entirely new major version)?

Thanks in advance,

Luke

Hi all,

I am new to Visual Force and trying to create my first page!  I created a Class & VF page on the Campaign Object.  What I am trying to do is pull all of the Leads that are associated to the Campaign that have been Disqualified.

If I use html, I can display the data on the VF page just fine, but I would like to use APEX instead.

Here is the Class:

public with sharing class CampaignMetricsRL {

public CampaignMetricsRL(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {

}

public PageReference ViewData() {

return null;
}

List<Campaign> rqs;

Id cid = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('id');

public List<Campaign> getCampaign() {

if(rqs == null){
  rqs = [select Id, Name, Actual_Cost__c, NumberOfLeads, NumberOfContacts, NumberOfOpportunities,
         NumberOfWonOpportunities, AmountWonOpportunities, OwnerId, CreatedDate
         from Campaign
         limit 1];
  }
  return  rqs;
 }

public Integer getDQLeads() {

return [

select count() from CampaignMember

where Lead.Lead_is_Disqualified__c = True AND Campaignid = :cid

];

} 
}

Here is the Visual Force Page:

<apex:page standardController="Campaign" extensions="CampaignMetricsRL" showHeader="false">

<apex:form id="test">
  <apex:pageblock title="">

<tr>     

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Campaign}" var="C" id="table">

<apex:column >                      

<table>

<tr><td align="center"></td></tr>                 
 <tr><td align="center"></td></tr>
 <tr><td align="center"><u><font size="4" color="#000000">Leads</font></u></td></tr>
 <tr><td align="center"><font size="3" color="#000000"><b>{!C.NumberOfLeads}</b></font></td></tr>                

</table>       

</apex:column> 

<apex:column >                      

<table>

<tr><td align="center"><u><font size="4" color="#000000">Disqualified Leads</font></u></td></tr>
 <tr><td align="center"><font size="3" color="#000000"><b>{!DQLeads}</b></font></td></tr>                

</table>       

</apex:column>

</apex:pageblock>

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

I would love to use APEX over HTML.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex

• September 15, 2010

Hi,

I have one custom owner field (i.e. a lookup to all users). Where some user can manually select the owner of the record. I have another custom status field. Now, i want to send an email alert to the custom owner field, whenever the custom status fields gets updated.

please provide the solution on this

Thanks

• September 15, 2010

We have a quoting application that lives on the opportunity.  Users enter the app by clicking a new quote button on the quotes related list section.  I wanted to validate that a particular pricebook was being used prior to allowing the user to enter the quoting system.

I've done javascript validation buttons in the past, and it works well -- something like this for example:

if (({!Opportunity.Ship_To_Count__c == 0}) || ({!Opportunity.No_of_Bill_To_Sites__c == 0 })) { alert('Your Opportunity is missing a Bill-To or Ship-To Site. At least 1 Bill-To and 1 Ship-To site are required to create a Quote. Please select the appropriate Bill-To and Ship-To sites using the "Select Bill-To and Ship-To button on the Opportunity page.');} else { location.replace('/apex/BM_NewQuote?oppId={!Opportunity.Id}&actId={!Opportunity.AccountId}');}

But if I try to stick Opportunity.Pricebook2Id in there, it errors and says the field doesn't exist.  I know it does, I can see it in the schema.  Why is this field "hidden" from some parts of the app?  Any other ideas?  I'm stuck!

Hi ,

I need to just change the background color  and the home tab panel color of the new UI theme .

Would be really helpful if someone could give  a simple step by step process how to do this...

Thanks!

• September 14, 2010

morning all,

i have used my developer login to access my developer salesforce.  Is there a way to reset or wipe the work i have on it, as i'm starting new project so i want to get rid of the old one.

Regards Lee

Hi to everyone,

i am trying to get a response from webservices. but i can't get response.

i am getting the following error..

ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL

The following error was encountered:

• Connection to 10.202.26.4 Failed

The system returned:

(101) Network is unreachable

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

I am thinking that it's a firewall issue, and can somebody help me out with solution.

thank you

• August 23, 2010

I have a trigger. In this trigger I have a line:

contact.addError(
  'Candidate \'' + contactQuery + 
  '\' is already exists. This candidate can\'t be inserted. Existed candidate was updated');

After this line of code I put other line of code to update other record. Something like:

otherContact.Name = 'Test Name';
update otherContact;

Since I have an 'addError' statement in this trigger my 'update otherContact' statement is terminated. How can I update record in this case?

addError

Hey All

Is there an option in Eclipse IDE or best practices steps documentation available on "How to roll back from Production?" in case some major code changes happen.

I am curious there should be a easy way

One of the methods that I was suggested to follow was:

Change the code in QA (Sandbox) and Deploy to Production. Is this a suggested approach?

Since there were custom field level changes and changes in signature of the methods in the Class/Dependent Class that were being deployed it caused the deployment to fail.

Please suggest me any easier approach for this Issue.:(

HOW CAN I CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE INTERFACE LAYOUT ????

Hi,

I have a stupid question, but it really bothers me. I am confused that whom is the recipient of error email for different components fra salesforce.

For example, I create a trigger and then I will get the error email if something goes wrong with that trigger. Here the creator is the recipient.

But for workflow, sometime the default workflow user got email instead of the creator. So I would like to ask whom receive the error email for workflow? default user or creator?

I hope someone can explain. We have several business area working in the same salesforce org, so it is really important that we set up the right person to get the email.

Thanks in advance.

• June 21, 2010

Is anyone successfully using this combo?

If I install connector 3.5.4.12 (latest on SFDC) then Notes (specifically notes2.exe) just starts / stops / starts / stops ... in an endless cycle until I uninstall Connector - then everything is fine...

Just updates to Notes 8.5.1 FP 2 and still get the same situation.

Any help is appreciated.

P_T

• April 29, 2010

I have the following "Summary" Visualforce Page selectively showing fields and related lists from Opportunity.  I want the user to be able to add a new note by clicking a "New" button from this screen but I have not been able to find the syntax for an Opportunity Note.

Relevant PageBlock section and the code in Red that throws the error:

Can anyone assist with the correct code to add a new Opportunity Note from this VisualForce page?

<apex:pageBlock title="Notes"> <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton action="/002/e?parentid={!opportunity.id}" value="New Note"/>

</apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Opportunity.Notes}" var="note"> <apex:column width="30px"> <apex:facet name="header"><strong>Link</strong></apex:facet> <div> <a href="/{!note.id}">Link</a> </div> </apex:column> <apex:column value="{!note.createddate}" width="120px"/> <apex:column value="{!note.createdbyid}" width="120px"/> <apex:column value="{!note.body}" /> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock>

Entire Page Code:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" standardStylesheets="true" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" tabStyle="Opportunity"> <table width="98%" height="50%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> </table> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="Opportunity Strategy - Details"> <apex:pageBlockSection title="Opportunity Information" columns="3"> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Opportunity" for="opportunity"/> <a href="/{!opportunity.Id}">{!opportunity.Name }</a> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem dataStyle="width: 240px"> <apex:outputLabel value="Account" for="account"/> <a href="/{!Opportunity.Account.id}">{!Opportunity.Account.Name}</a> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="State" for="state"/> <apex:outputField id="address" value="{!Opportunity.Account.BillingState}" /> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Account Type" for="industry"/> <apex:outputField id="industry" value="{!Opportunity.Account.Type}" /> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem dataStyle="width: 240px"> <apex:outputLabel value="Stage" for="stage"/> <apex:outputField id="stage" value="{!Opportunity.Stagename}" style="{!if(Opportunity.StageName='Red','background-color:#FE2E2E', if(Opportunity.StageName='Green','background-color:#00FF80',if(Opportunity.stagename='Yellow','background-color:#F3F781','color:black')))};width: 80px; text-align: right;"/> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Amount" for="amount"/> <apex:outputField id="amount" value="{!Opportunity.Amount}"/> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Owner" for="owner"/> <apex:outputField id="owner" value="{!Opportunity.OwnerId}"/> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem dataStyle="width: 240px"> <apex:outputLabel value="Type" for="type"/> <apex:outputField id="type" value="{!Opportunity.Account.Account_Type__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Close Date" for="closedate"/> <apex:outputField id="closedate" value="{!Opportunity.CloseDate}"/> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> </apex:pageBlockSection> <apex:pageBlockSection title="Description" columns="1"> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Description" for="description"/> <apex:outputField id="description" value="{!Opportunity.Description}"/> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> </apex:pageBlockSection> <apex:pageBlockSection title="Goals and Strategies" columns="2"> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Next Steps" for="next"/> <apex:outputField id="next" value="{!Opportunity.NextStep}"/> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Last Activity Date" for="lastactivity"/> <apex:outputField id="lastactivity" value="{!Opportunity.lastactivitydate}"/> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Goal/Objective" for="goal"/> <apex:outputField id="goal" value="{!Opportunity.Goal_Objective__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="ODM Strategy" for="odm"/> <apex:outputField id="odm" value="{!Opportunity.ODM_Strategy__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> </apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Notes"> <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton action="/002/e?parentid={!opportunity.id}" value="New Note"/> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Opportunity.Notes}" var="note"> <apex:column width="30px"> <apex:facet name="header"><strong>Link</strong></apex:facet> <div> <a href="/{!note.id}">Link</a> </div> </apex:column> <apex:column value="{!note.createddate}" width="120px"/> <apex:column value="{!note.createdbyid}" width="120px"/> <apex:column value="{!note.body}" /> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Pending Activity Summary"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Opportunity.OpenActivities}" var="item"> <apex:column width="30px"> <apex:facet name="header"><strong>Link</strong></apex:facet> <div> <a href="/{!item.id}">Link</a> </div> </apex:column> <apex:column value="{!item.summary__c}"/> <apex:column value="{!item.subject}"/> <apex:column value="{!item.status}"/> <apex:column value="{!item.istask}"/> <apex:column value="{!item.activitydate}"/> <apex:column value="{!item.whoid}"/> <apex:column value="{!item.whatid}"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Meeting/Events"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Opportunity.Events}" var="item"> <apex:column width="30px"> <apex:facet name="header"><strong>Link</strong></apex:facet> <div> <a href="/{!item.id}">Link</a> </div> </apex:column> <apex:column value="{!item.summary__c}"/> <apex:column value="{!item.subject}"/> <apex:column value="{!item.activitydate}"/> <apex:column value="{!item.whatid}"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Closed Activity Summary"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Opportunity.Activityhistories}" var="item"> <apex:column width="30px"> <apex:facet name="header"><strong>Link</strong></apex:facet> <div> <a href="/{!item.id}">Link</a> </div> </apex:column> <apex:column value="{!item.summary__c}"/> <apex:column value="{!item.subject}"/> <apex:column value="{!item.status}"/> <apex:column value="{!item.activitydate}"/> <apex:column value="{!item.whoid}"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Contact and Roles"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Opportunity.OpportunityContactRoles}" var="item"> <apex:column value="{!item.role}" width="100px"/> <apex:column value="{!item.Contactid}"width="150px"/> <apex:column value="{!item.Contact.Account.name}" width="300px"/> <apex:column value="{!item.Contact.Title}" width="150px"/> <apex:column value="{!item.Contact.email}"width="150px"/> <apex:column value="{!item.Contact.phone}"width="150px"/> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

Hi all,

I've got an issue which is driving my absolutely crazy and it seems like a really stupid problem! I simply want to populate the value of an inputText. Now, here's the strage part:

This works:

function checkLicenses() { var licInputs = document.getElementsByName('license'); var licTextBox = document.getElementById('{!$Component.licenseAssignments.licenseWiz2Form.txtSelectedLicenses}'); licTextBox.value = licInputs.length; }

This also works:

function checkLicenses() { var licInputs = document.getElementsByName('license'); var licTextBox = document.getElementById('{!$Component.licenseAssignments.licenseWiz2Form.txtSelectedLicenses}'); licTextBox.value = 999; }

However, this does not work:

function checkLicenses() { var licInputs = document.getElementsByName('license'); var licTextBox = document.getElementById('{!$Component.licenseAssignments.licenseWiz2Form.txtSelectedLicenses}'); licTextBox.value = 'hello'; }

and it breaks all the other javascript on my page.

It's really starting to drive me up the wall! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing the problem?

Thanks,

Andy

• August 13, 2009