• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I created a beta managed package and the publisher name of the package seems to be taking from the domain name of the email account.

Where is the publisher name picked up from and how do we change the name of the publisher of the package.

I changed the company name on personal settings but this seems to have no effect.

Appreciate any quick responses workarounds to this problem.

Thanks

• August 17, 2012

I predominantly use system.debug to print out debug messages. I have noticed recently that if the LogLevel for apex code is set to debug, there are several messages printed in the log such as the following. These messages seems irrelevant and obscure the real messages.

08:47:01.221 (221465000)|ENTERING_MANAGED_PKG|
08:47:01.223 (223142000)|ENTERING_MANAGED_PKG|
08:47:01.223 (223247000)|ENTERING_MANAGED_PKG|
08:47:01.223 (223283000)|USER_DEBUG|[25]|ERROR|Entering Insert

I have resorted to using

System.debug(Logginglevel.ERROR, 'Message') and  setting the loglevel of ERROR to prevent these messages from showing. However, I was wondering if there was any other means to suppress these messages (without changing log level). Frankly these messages seem to be useless since they are not conveying anything at all.

• May 29, 2012

When invoking Datebase.saveResult and trying to collect the errors, it only seems to get the  first error and ignores other errors.

For example suppose i have 2 fields on an object and have validation on each of them. If I try and get the errors via getErrors(), only the error on the first field is retrieved. This seems different from how the errors are show on the UI - both validation errors are show on the UI.

• May 27, 2012

We have an application where we process several orders in a batch. to process each order requires quite a bit of work and hence we have decided to have a batch size of 1 and process each order in a batch. That way the governor limits get reset for each order. now we are encountering a problem where suppose  an order has 1000 lines, we are hitting the script statement limit. It seems that to process these 1000 lines we can atmost have 200 scripts statements for each line before we run out of limits.

I find this restriction quite limiting. while i agree with the SOQL and memory limits, not being able to execute more script statements per batch seems very restrictive.

is there a way salesforce can increase the limits based on a fee. that way, our larger customers can pay an additional fee to process bigger orders.

so my question is if governor limits are fixed or can they be flexible based on a fee.

• August 16, 2011

If I want to process the records in a batch in some specific sequence, is it possible to do a sort and expect that SF will honor the sort.  For instance, suppose i have 10 records   sorted by date in ascending order.

Suppose I have a batch size of 1, will the records be passed to the execute batch method in ascending order one record at a time   or can salesforce change the order in which it passes the records to the execute batch method.

• July 21, 2011

I have a bunch of orders which i need to process. Since the procedure to process each order takes about 50 queries, I am passing these orders to the QueryLocator in an apex batch job with a batchsize of 1.

Does salesforce honor this batch size or is it merely a hint? I read somewhere that it is just a hint and SF could choose their own size to improve performance. That will not work for me since that would mean that SOQL limits could get violated - for instance if salesforce were to pick 5 orders in the batch.

• July 21, 2011

i have a situation where i want to read data from custom objects of a different application. is the data from custom objects of other applications  visible?

For instance, i have a custom object say A which i am delivering as a managed package. a customer who installs my package also installs a managed package from a different vendor who has an object B.

Now i want to map columns between B and A  and ultimately move the data from object B into my own object A. The definition of object A and object B could obviously be different and there perhaps needs to be some column->column mapping involved.

I would like to do this on an ongoing basis. 

I dont know the definition of object B upfront and hence cannot hardcode the columns of B into my app.

Are there any existing solutions which allow to map and move data between objects within salesforce.

• July 07, 2011

I am trying to deploy dasboard from one DE org to another but the dashboard metadata doesnt show up in my eclipse Is there some setting that will enable the dasboards to show up in eclipse.What are the alternative ways to deploy if it is not visible in eclipse

Thanks

• May 05, 2011

I have a record type on one of the objects. When I try to delete it, there is an error messages which says that i cannot delete it since it is set as the default on 2 profiles 'Chatter Free User Profile' and Chatter Moderator User Profile. When I navigate to either of these profiles, there is no way to set the 'Record Type' to default to '--Master--' and hence I am unable to delete the record type.

Appreciate if someone can suggest some workaround. Thanks

• January 31, 2011

I think this topic has been discussed before but I had a couple of questions. 

It seems like there are 2 approaches to doing this, one is to use javascript and the other is to use a dummy visualforce page that invokes the method we want executed and returns to the page we want to navigate.

Suppose on a standard detail page on an object there are other fields which the user has modified before clicking the custom button,

1. is the data in the fields saved to the object and the triggers fired in both methods (javascript and visualforce page).

2. If there are errors, how do we display the errors in the standard visualforce page? I have not yet tried the javascript approach but in the visualforce approach the errors seems to be raised in the dummy page.

• December 02, 2010

I am trying to build a matix report which has both row groupings and column groups. In the summary section i drop in one of the columns called 'Amount' in one of custom objects. When the report is displayed, the row title for this summary field says 'Sum of Amount'. I want to get rid of this title and call my title as just 'Amount' without the 'Sum of'. There currently didnt seem to be a way to change the title.

To overcome this i created a formula field in the report which sums the amount and called it 'Amount'. However, I am unable to drag this field to the summary section of the report. I can only drag it if I include atleast one other column from the custom object. If i remove the the column, the formula field  i added also is removed. Is this a bug?

Is there a way to change the title or get rid of the 'Sum Of' before the column which was my original requirement.

Thanks.

• November 30, 2010

"Enterprise Edition provides 20MB of data and 600MB of file storage/user. Unlimited Edition provides 120MB of data and 600MB of file storage/user. For all customers, the default minimum storage amount is 1GB of data and 1GB of files."
The above is quoted in the datasheet for using force.com platform. Can someone clarify what the minimum means?
Does it mean that if i have 2 users i will get 1 GB + 20mb *2 for each additional user  (assuming i am using the  the enterprise edition of the platform) giving me a total of 1 gb and 40 MB.
Also, what is the approx price to purchase additional memory.
thanks
  • September 16, 2010

Hi

I wanted to find out the limit on the number of custom fields that can be created. I have seen in certain documentation that you can create a maximum of 500 fields. Is it 500 fields per object or 500 in total across all objects. I know that it varies by the type if license you have but appreciate if someone can clarify.

• September 16, 2010

Is there a concept similar to http sessions in visual force. For instance how is a shopping cart type of functionality achieved in visual force where in the shopping cart needs to be preserved in the middle tier across several pages without storing to the database and storing to the DB only on submission in the final page. I read about building a wizard using  some variablesin the controller to store references to objects we want to preserve. This seems a bit odd and was wondering if that was the only way to implement a wizard/shopping cart.

• June 03, 2010

Is there any way where we can extend the controller on a page but not  use visual force to create the page. The issue is that I want to preserve all the user interface which is generated declaratively by Salesforce but I would like to extend the controller behaviour. To achieve this do I always have to create a visual force page.

Thanks

• June 02, 2010

I have a custom object which for instance has a product_id field. I want to have a lookup  field in my UI

that displays a list of all products and when i select one of the products, the value displayed in my field on the UI should be the product name while behind the scenes i want the product_id from the lookup to be stored on my custom object. Can this be done using native UI without using visualforce?

the problem I am grappling with is that I do not want to create a product_name field on my custom object since I only want to store the ids when i save my object.

Please bear with me if this is a basic question since i am new to visualforce and salesforce.

Thanks.

• May 19, 2010

When invoking Datebase.saveResult and trying to collect the errors, it only seems to get the  first error and ignores other errors.

For example suppose i have 2 fields on an object and have validation on each of them. If I try and get the errors via getErrors(), only the error on the first field is retrieved. This seems different from how the errors are show on the UI - both validation errors are show on the UI.

• May 27, 2012

I'm aware that when a managed package is deployed into an Org it is not possible to see log messages generated by apex code in that managed package.

However, Ideas: Display managed package logs in subscriber orgs is marked as "Delivered (Archive)".I couldn't find any documentation or direct link to what was delivered or how the issue was resolved.

Is there some new functionality delivered from the above idea that would allow me as the managed packaged creator to access the log messages?

We have an application where we process several orders in a batch. to process each order requires quite a bit of work and hence we have decided to have a batch size of 1 and process each order in a batch. That way the governor limits get reset for each order. now we are encountering a problem where suppose  an order has 1000 lines, we are hitting the script statement limit. It seems that to process these 1000 lines we can atmost have 200 scripts statements for each line before we run out of limits.

I find this restriction quite limiting. while i agree with the SOQL and memory limits, not being able to execute more script statements per batch seems very restrictive.

is there a way salesforce can increase the limits based on a fee. that way, our larger customers can pay an additional fee to process bigger orders.

so my question is if governor limits are fixed or can they be flexible based on a fee.

• August 16, 2011

Hi,

I am trying to include two custom profile settings into my managed - beta package components. I am unable to do so. When I have added the custom profile setting to the components of the package it says 'N/A' in 'Available in Versions' column next to the two custom profile setting entries.

Are we allowed to include Profile Setting into packages and use them to get installed with the package in other orgs?

Thanks

I am trying to deploy dasboard from one DE org to another but the dashboard metadata doesnt show up in my eclipse Is there some setting that will enable the dasboards to show up in eclipse.What are the alternative ways to deploy if it is not visible in eclipse

Thanks

• May 05, 2011

I think this topic has been discussed before but I had a couple of questions. 

It seems like there are 2 approaches to doing this, one is to use javascript and the other is to use a dummy visualforce page that invokes the method we want executed and returns to the page we want to navigate.

Suppose on a standard detail page on an object there are other fields which the user has modified before clicking the custom button,

1. is the data in the fields saved to the object and the triggers fired in both methods (javascript and visualforce page).

2. If there are errors, how do we display the errors in the standard visualforce page? I have not yet tried the javascript approach but in the visualforce approach the errors seems to be raised in the dummy page.

• December 02, 2010

I am trying to build a matix report which has both row groupings and column groups. In the summary section i drop in one of the columns called 'Amount' in one of custom objects. When the report is displayed, the row title for this summary field says 'Sum of Amount'. I want to get rid of this title and call my title as just 'Amount' without the 'Sum of'. There currently didnt seem to be a way to change the title.

To overcome this i created a formula field in the report which sums the amount and called it 'Amount'. However, I am unable to drag this field to the summary section of the report. I can only drag it if I include atleast one other column from the custom object. If i remove the the column, the formula field  i added also is removed. Is this a bug?

Is there a way to change the title or get rid of the 'Sum Of' before the column which was my original requirement.

Thanks.

• November 30, 2010

Thanks to feedback on "Salesforce" or "Salesforce Platform" for profiles in a Trialforce app? I have changed the profiles in my managed package to be based on the "Salesforce Platform" User License.

However, when I now use the normal package installation process the profiles in my package are no longer presented in the package installer's "Step 2. Choose security level" whether the org's profiles are based on "Salesforce" or "Salesforce Platform". The only options offered are "No Access" and "Full Access". When my profiles were based on "Salesforce" the profile settings in my package were included in the Access Level drop-downs. My profiles have detailed settings that I need to carry into the org's profiles for the correct configuration of the app.

I note that the user under which I am doing the installation belongs to the profile "System Administrator" that is associated with the "Salesforce" license and wonder if this is the cause of the problem.

Any insight into or better still solutions to this problem appreciated,

Keith

Is there any way where we can extend the controller on a page but not  use visual force to create the page. The issue is that I want to preserve all the user interface which is generated declaratively by Salesforce but I would like to extend the controller behaviour. To achieve this do I always have to create a visual force page.

Thanks

• June 02, 2010