• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello Community-

I'm trying to build a threaded results textbox that auto posts the date and name of the person contributing. I need the results inside of an SFDC form.

My idea is to create 2 fields - one for adding a message and one for displaying the thread.  

Field 1 - long text - Type_Here__c

Field 2 - long text - Display_Here__c

Jim Smith logs in to the record and wants to comment.  He types "Hello World." in Type_Here__c

After saving the record, Display_Here__c looks like this:

7/1/2010 - Jim Smith - Hello World.

Next, Stacy Jones needs to add her info and types "Sounds good." in Type_Here__c

After saving the record, Display_Here__c should look like this:

7/2/2010 - Stacy Jones - Sounds good.

For all subsequent messages, they must be typed in the "Type_Here__c" field and the "Display_Here__c" field is locked for editing.  Each new message is a prefix of the old messages with the name and date stamp.

I don't know code, so if as much syntactically correct code could be provided, I think I could tweak a little to make it work, but I'm terrible at inventing the new code necessary (I'm hunting for a programmer as we type).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Aaron

Hello most excellent Apex development community-

I'm looking for an example of how you would go about assigning a task to a related user on a record who is NOT the owner of the record when certain conditions apply.  If anybody could help with this challenge, I would certainly appreciate it!

conditions would be

Record.Stage is Stage2 AND field X is complete, assign a Task with subject "Please make phone call within 24 hours" to a RELATED USER (Record.Related_User__c).

Thanks,

Aaron

I'm new to APEX and I want to start simple.  Can somebody help me with a simple example of creating the following trigger

My Objects are the standard Account object and the Owner field, and a simply child record and a "Sales Rep" user lookup field.

Every time a new child record is created, I want the "Sales Rep" field to be populated with the same name as the "Account Owner" field on the Standard Account Object.

I try to do these kind of things with configuration, field formula, and/or workflows, but the above does not seem to be possible with SFDC out of the box.

Thanks for any help!

Aaron

Hello Community-

I'm trying to build a threaded results textbox that auto posts the date and name of the person contributing. I need the results inside of an SFDC form.

My idea is to create 2 fields - one for adding a message and one for displaying the thread.  

Field 1 - long text - Type_Here__c

Field 2 - long text - Display_Here__c

Jim Smith logs in to the record and wants to comment.  He types "Hello World." in Type_Here__c

After saving the record, Display_Here__c looks like this:

Next, Stacy Jones needs to add her info and types "Sounds good." in Type_Here__c

After saving the record, Display_Here__c should look like this:

7/2/2010 - Stacy Jones - Sounds good.

For all subsequent messages, they must be typed in the "Type_Here__c" field and the "Display_Here__c" field is locked for editing.  Each new message is a prefix of the old messages with the name and date stamp.

I don't know code, so if as much syntactically correct code could be provided, I think I could tweak a little to make it work, but I'm terrible at inventing the new code necessary (I'm hunting for a programmer as we type).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Aaron

Hello most excellent Apex development community-

I'm looking for an example of how you would go about assigning a task to a related user on a record who is NOT the owner of the record when certain conditions apply.  If anybody could help with this challenge, I would certainly appreciate it!

conditions would be

Record.Stage is Stage2 AND field X is complete, assign a Task with subject "Please make phone call within 24 hours" to a RELATED USER (Record.Related_User__c).

Thanks,

Aaron

I'm new to APEX and I want to start simple.  Can somebody help me with a simple example of creating the following trigger

My Objects are the standard Account object and the Owner field, and a simply child record and a "Sales Rep" user lookup field.

Every time a new child record is created, I want the "Sales Rep" field to be populated with the same name as the "Account Owner" field on the Standard Account Object.

I try to do these kind of things with configuration, field formula, and/or workflows, but the above does not seem to be possible with SFDC out of the box.

Thanks for any help!

Aaron

Opportunity Name   Percent Field     Amount       Services

TOTALS:                       124%           $111,000.00    $23,000.00

Opportunity A                    16%             $75,000.00    $12,000.00

Opportunity B                    76%             $11,000.00      $5,000.00

Opportunity C                    32%             $25,000.00      $6,000.00

Is there a way to have an actual percentage total on a custom report rather than a sum?  Average doesn't really do the trick either.  At the top where it says 124%, it should really say 20%.  23,000/111,000=20%

All the percentages are doing here is adding 16+76+32 to equal 124 which makes no sense when you are talking about percentages.

This problem seems easy to fix.  Am I missing something?