• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

This is our situation:

We need to move data from a companies existing database, into salesforce.com.

The existing data we have is account, contact, opportunities, and leads data and we have a "saleslogix" identification number with every record.

We want to to use the excel connector and vlookups to import the account information into salesforce. We want to relate the contact information to the parent account information (is this where we need the vlookup function?). We also want to relate the opportunities information to the aparent account information.

Finally we want to import the leads information. The company has "account leads" and "contact leads". They want the contact information related to the account information on the Lead object.

Would anybody mind give me a brief, starting guide as to how I can accomplish these tasks? Thank you so much for any help.

Hello to all,

I'm new to Salesforce.com, and am curious to know if there is any resources available which provide reference to what formulas (validation rule, or value based) work with other functions when properly nested. What would really help me would be an organized chart in which confirmed what function combinations work, and which combinations do not work. Thank you for any help!