• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if salesforce can handle 5 million records for an org?

And also pls tell me how many concurrent users can an org have?

Thanks for ur help.

Cheers,

Sandeep

Hi All,

Can you tell me how to migrate user data to another salesforce instance and also how to migrate role hierarchy from one instance to another. Please help.

Thanks,

Sandeep

• September 21, 2010

Hi All,

I know about "Too Many SOQL Queries:21" on triggers.

My question is , if there are around 6 triggers on an object, does the limit of 20 apply to the triggers of the object on the whole(i.e in above example, it wud be 20 limit for all the 6 triggers) or is it specific to each trigger(i.e for each trigger there wud be a limit of 20 SOQL queries)?

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi All,

Please find the following onclick code:

window.open("https://cs2.salesforce.com/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=01IA0000000osrS&retURL=%2F{!GE_Installed_Base__c.Id}&save_new_url=%2Fa06%2Fe%3FCF00NR0000000oKiF%3D{!GE_Installed_Base__c.Name}%26CF00NR0000000oKiF_lkid%3D{!GE_Installed_Base__c.Id}%26CF00NA0000002R42U%3D{!Account.Name}%26CF00NA0000002R42U_lkid%3D{!Account.Id}%26retURL%3D%2F{!GE_Installed_Base__c.Id}");

This code is to pre-populate account lookup. The highlighted merge field account name is creating problems. If the account name has an "&" symbol, for example, "P P & Montane",  the account name is being passed in the URL as "P + P". so there is a "Multiple list values error" on the page for the account lookup field.

Can anyone give me a solution for this? i tried URLENCODE and SUBSTITUTE functions. but in vain.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi All,

I have a requirement to have an email template for an email on Opportunity object.

I have to include account name and billing country as well in the mail. i ve used merge fields of account but it didnt work though account is related to Opportunity. So is it like VF email template is the only way to resolve this issue? is it like we can use fields from the opportunity only if the email is fired on Opportunity?

Please help!

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi All,

is there any way to trigger a mail when content is uploaded?

And if a content is related to an opportunity, can we say that the opportunity is modified? i m askin this question to write an email alert on opportunity when a related content is uploaded if it is not possible to write on content itself.

Thanks,

Sandeep

hi all,

how to have a custom  email template in place of the standard salesforce template when a new user is registered or the password is reset for a user?

Please help...

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi All,

can anyone tell me how to prepopulate an account lookup field while creating a new record from a related object. And this should happen through onclick javascript of a button cos i m nt using VF pages here.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi all,

There is a peculiar problem that i m facing with file upload. There is an inputfile on my VF and whenever i refresh the page, the file value is getting lost. I want to retain the file uploaded even when the page is refershed.

code:

VF:

<apex:inputFile value="{!attachment.body}"/>

Apex Class:

public Attachment attachment{
    get {
      if (attachment== null){
        attachment= new Attachment();
         doclist.add(attachment);}
      return attachment;
    }
    set;

}

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi,

Can anyone tel me if there is a way to enable a section depending on a checkbox value without using visualforce?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi All,

I know about "Too Many SOQL Queries:21" on triggers.

My question is , if there are around 6 triggers on an object, does the limit of 20 apply to the triggers of the object on the whole(i.e in above example, it wud be 20 limit for all the 6 triggers) or is it specific to each trigger(i.e for each trigger there wud be a limit of 20 SOQL queries)?

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi All,

Please find the following onclick code:

window.open("https://cs2.salesforce.com/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=01IA0000000osrS&retURL=%2F{!GE_Installed_Base__c.Id}&save_new_url=%2Fa06%2Fe%3FCF00NR0000000oKiF%3D{!GE_Installed_Base__c.Name}%26CF00NR0000000oKiF_lkid%3D{!GE_Installed_Base__c.Id}%26CF00NA0000002R42U%3D{!Account.Name}%26CF00NA0000002R42U_lkid%3D{!Account.Id}%26retURL%3D%2F{!GE_Installed_Base__c.Id}");

This code is to pre-populate account lookup. The highlighted merge field account name is creating problems. If the account name has an "&" symbol, for example, "P P & Montane",  the account name is being passed in the URL as "P + P". so there is a "Multiple list values error" on the page for the account lookup field.

Can anyone give me a solution for this? i tried URLENCODE and SUBSTITUTE functions. but in vain.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi All,

I have a requirement to have an email template for an email on Opportunity object.

I have to include account name and billing country as well in the mail. i ve used merge fields of account but it didnt work though account is related to Opportunity. So is it like VF email template is the only way to resolve this issue? is it like we can use fields from the opportunity only if the email is fired on Opportunity?

Please help!

Thanks,

Sandeep

hi all,

how to have a custom  email template in place of the standard salesforce template when a new user is registered or the password is reset for a user?

Please help...

Thanks,

Sandeep

I am working on a fairly basic Quote template using the new standard Quote object, and all is well until I get tot he <apex:repeat> section where I want to list all the Quote Line Items associated with the Quote.

I have this:

<apex:repeat var="line" value="{!Quote.QuoteLineItem}">

And I am getting this error message:  

Error: Invalid field QuoteLineItem for SObject Quote

I am using the standard Quote controller.  I also get a similar error when I try to use  __r after QuoteLineItem.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone tel me if there is a way to enable a section depending on a checkbox value without using visualforce?

Thanks,

Sandeep