• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I'm trying to build a custom search functionality that displays the list of cases using a custom hierarchy we have set in our org. I was able to display the list of cases according to our requirements. I'm trying now to set up the search criteria and I'm having problems setting this up.

I'm using a custom controller to display the results so i simply added a section in my Visualforce page to slect some of the case fields the user would be able to set to filter the cases. In order to preserve the same look and field as for an actual case, I'm using a case variable to to display and capture the values for the filter criteria. When I first set up the fields using an actual case record (for testing purposes), this works fine and dsiplays the correct values. However, when I change the values and hit the view button to redisplay the data, the values for the filter fields do not change.

I have tried using a custom controller and a Visualforce page for this. I'm not to familiar with writing getter and setters but I sort of undertood from checking the documentationa and the blogs that I wouldn't have to write one in this case as I'm biding the variable in Visualforce to a Case object in the custom controller.

Any pointer would be greatly apprciate it.

Thanks,

Pedro

Hello,

I'm trying to create two records in one operation. I want to allow the user to create a new case from a related case list (this is a custom object that stores the relationshipt between the two cases). Since we are using record types extensively for cases, using Visualforce pages to replace all the layouts for all our record types is our last option as it would be a lot of work due to the numerous picklist and dependencies we have.

I implemented this using a custom field that I prepolulate using a custom button for each record type and an after insert trigger that checks for values on this field. The trigger actually uses the value in the field to create the relationship and then it clears the field.

The problem with this approach is that I have to display the field on the page layout so that a value can be stored when passed as a parameter on the custom button. I would like to avoid showing the field as users might alter the value.

Is there a way I can accomplish this other than creating a Visualforce page for every record type and handling the picklist values in a controller extension?

Thanks,

Pedro

Hello,

I'm trying to reproduce the case hierarchy view to show parent and child cases on a single list. I have been able to write the controller to get the values for all the cases in the necessary order. However, I'm having a hard time indenting the case number column for the child cases.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Pedro

Hello,

I'm trying to build a custom search functionality that displays the list of cases using a custom hierarchy we have set in our org. I was able to display the list of cases according to our requirements. I'm trying now to set up the search criteria and I'm having problems setting this up.

I'm using a custom controller to display the results so i simply added a section in my Visualforce page to slect some of the case fields the user would be able to set to filter the cases. In order to preserve the same look and field as for an actual case, I'm using a case variable to to display and capture the values for the filter criteria. When I first set up the fields using an actual case record (for testing purposes), this works fine and dsiplays the correct values. However, when I change the values and hit the view button to redisplay the data, the values for the filter fields do not change.

I have tried using a custom controller and a Visualforce page for this. I'm not to familiar with writing getter and setters but I sort of undertood from checking the documentationa and the blogs that I wouldn't have to write one in this case as I'm biding the variable in Visualforce to a Case object in the custom controller.

Any pointer would be greatly apprciate it.

Thanks,

Pedro

Hello,

I'm trying to create two records in one operation. I want to allow the user to create a new case from a related case list (this is a custom object that stores the relationshipt between the two cases). Since we are using record types extensively for cases, using Visualforce pages to replace all the layouts for all our record types is our last option as it would be a lot of work due to the numerous picklist and dependencies we have.

I implemented this using a custom field that I prepolulate using a custom button for each record type and an after insert trigger that checks for values on this field. The trigger actually uses the value in the field to create the relationship and then it clears the field.

The problem with this approach is that I have to display the field on the page layout so that a value can be stored when passed as a parameter on the custom button. I would like to avoid showing the field as users might alter the value.

Is there a way I can accomplish this other than creating a Visualforce page for every record type and handling the picklist values in a controller extension?

Thanks,

Pedro