• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am not able to get my lighting:container to work outside my Dev Org.  It looks like I'm having trouble with the namespace.

Lighting:container static resource contains the below manifest.json along with the index.html,
manifest.json

{
  "landing-pages": [{
    "path": "index.html",
    "apex-controller": "helptips.Rich_Editor_Controller"
  }]
}

In our Dev Org lighting container works fine with namespace or without namespace, but in the Test Orgs we are running into the below scenarios:

If we include the namespace we are running into the below error (the lightning container page is not loading): 
container.js:4 Uncaught ReferenceError: LCC is not defined

& if I don’t include the namespace in manifest - apex-controller the lighting container loads fine but when I’m trying to call the Controller I’m running into the below error:
Cannot read property 'helptips.Rich_Editor_Controller' of undefined

We are not sure what to do here, any help is apprecaited.

Hi All,

I work with an ISV Partner who has a developer org where a managed package is updated / upgraded / tested and then uploaded "privately' to the exchange for a set of clients to install.

The orgs that install my package have the standard EE limits applied to them.

Herein lies the issue I have come across, whilst doing some development a new TAB was inadvertently added to the managed package and subsequently uploaded as a 'managed - released' package. It took the custom TABS within the managed package to 26.

This as you can see has caused HUGE implications across the current install base and for new clients. The package is constantly being updated / customised to suit clients needs and updates are continously being pushed however now that it has 26 TABS it will not install on any of the orgs as it reaches the 25 custom tab limit.

I REALLY NEED HELP BRAINSTORMING SOME POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS!!!

As I see it there are a range of possibilities and I look to any sf reps / partner ops / product managers subject matter experts out there to let me know what is feasible.

IDEAL SOLUTION - Since the tab that has been added is not installed on any clients org (it physically cannot be because of the limit on the install orgs, developer org doesn't have a tab limit) - I'm looking for an overall package admin or someone that can reference or edit the package I have created and manually remove the tab from it altogether. It can be deleted from the salesforce developer instance altogether I don't care it's not needed at all! Support tells me it cannot be deleted but someone out there must have access to it!!

Is there a way to 'rollback' to a previous package version that only had 25tabs in it's managed set>? And then be able to delete the 25th tab somehow completely from the developer org?

Other options include:

Going through the LMA process and getting the application security checked so that it's contents do not affect sf org limits. This is obviously primary concern right now however the whole process could take up to 2-3 weeks which is time we don't have! This problem needed to be sorted out YESTERDAY!

Upgrading provisions on future clients and current installbase so that orgs can install apps with more than 25 tabs. (i.e. increase tab limit)

I really need to know if the ideal solution is feasible here as that would be well... Ideal. But I'm interested to see if anyone has any other suggestions.

TIME IS A FACTOR. There are new clients coming on board this week and next not to mention the current install base that is catered for in package updates so this really needs to get sorted out.

As always any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any reads of this post.

Patrick