NSLog(inicio.description);
    NSLog(final.description);
    NSDateFormatter *formatter;
    formatter = [[NSDateFormatter alloc] init];
    [formatter setDateFormat:@"yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.000'Z'"];
    NSString *inicioformat=[formatter stringFromDate:inicio];
    NSString *finalformat=[formatter stringFromDate:final];
    if([self.inicio.description isEqualToString:self.final.description]){
        UIAlertView *message = [[UIAlertView alloc] initWithTitle:@"Falla en las fechas"
                                                          message:@"La fecha y tiempo inicial no pueden ser el mismo que la fecha e inicio final"
                                                         delegate:nil
                                                cancelButtonTitle:@"OK"
                                                otherButtonTitles:nil];
    }
    else {
    NSArray *keys2=[[NSArray alloc]initWithObjects:@"WhatId",@"StartDateTime",@"EndDateTime",@"Description", nil];
    //NSArray *objs2=[[NSArray alloc]initWithObjects:whoid,inicio.description,final.description, descripcion.text,nil];
    NSArray *objs2=[[NSArray alloc]initWithObjects:whoid,inicioformat,finalformat, descripcion.text,nil];
        NSString *objectType = @"Event";
    NSDictionary *fields=[[NSDictionary alloc] initWithObjects:objs2 forKeys:keys2];
    SFRestRequest *request = [[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] requestForCreateWithObjectType:objectType fields:fields];
    [[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] send:request delegate:self];
    }

My problem is that when i check the event in the cloud, the app publish the even with early five hours of difference, the modification hour and date is correct, so its obvious that the cloud have the correct data, i expect someone could help me.

I have a native project built on the iOS Salesforce Mobile SDK. We've been using for about 5 months now with no issues. 

I'm able to authenticate in our Winter '13 Sandbox, but am receiving an internal server error on callback. I've confirmed that this issue appeared when the sandbox was updated, and there were no code changes. 

Anyone aware of changes to the Rest API that might explain this? 

• September 11, 2012

I'm trying to build a native Mac application in Objective-c that uses the streaming API. I'm following Simon Fell's project:

https://github.com/superfell/StreamingApiDemo

but have not had much luck getting this to work. Running StreamingApiDemo out of the box, the application can handshake, but then logs this when attempting to connect:

error = "500::Internal server error";

Any hints on debugging this? 

• July 10, 2012

I'm aware of the capability to link to Visualforce and standard pages from native records in the Salesforce Mobile application, as outlined here:

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/mobile_links.htm

Any idea on how to go in the other direction? For instance, when in the mobile application viewing a Visualforce page in the embeded browser, can I link to the native page layout for a Contact? Something like salesforcemobile://contact.Id?

• February 28, 2012

I'm using OAuth in an iPhone application using the standard iOS toolkit. If there is a scheduled maintence notification presented after login, the view is not optimised for the mobile screen. The user is presented with an almost completely white screen, and must scroll through to dismiss the message.

As far as I can see, there is no method for managing the window size on that notification. Is there a formatting option I'm missing? Any way to supress maintenance notifications in OAuth on a mobile device? Thanks.

Vincent

• March 01, 2011

The following trigger is creating 2 record to the custom object.  The first record represents the before results and the second record is the new information.

trigger CreateAlertonOpptyNextSteps on Opportunity (before update, before insert) {
  List<Opportunity> uOppty = new List<Opportunity>();
  List<Opportunity_Next_Steps_History__c> ltask = new List<Opportunity_Next_Steps_History__c>();
  for(Opportunity a: Trigger.new){
    if(a.SYS_ONS_Created__c = True && (a.X1st_Next_Step__c != '' && a.X2nd_Next_Step__c != '' && a.X3rd_Next_Step__c != '')
       && (a.X1st_Next_Step__c != Trigger.oldMap.get(a.Id).X1st_Next_Step__c || 
           a.X2nd_Next_Step__c != Trigger.oldMap.get(a.Id).X2nd_Next_Step__c ||
           a.X3rd_Next_Step__c != Trigger.oldMap.get(a.Id).X3rd_Next_Step__c)){
     Opportunity_Next_Steps_History__c t = new Opportunity_Next_Steps_History__c();
     t.Opportunity_ID__c=a.Id;

t.SYS_ONS_Created_History__c = True;
     ltask.add(t);     
     Insert ltask;
    }
    a.SYS_ONS_Created__c = False;
    update uoppty;
   }}

What am I missing?

I have a native project built on the iOS Salesforce Mobile SDK. We've been using for about 5 months now with no issues. 

I'm able to authenticate in our Winter '13 Sandbox, but am receiving an internal server error on callback. I've confirmed that this issue appeared when the sandbox was updated, and there were no code changes. 

Anyone aware of changes to the Rest API that might explain this? 

• September 11, 2012

Like the title says, I just (well, last night) installed the latest version of the Force.com IDE on my Mac running OS X 10.8. After the installation completed it auto opened on it's own and I set about to do what I needed to do. Then I closed it down and went to bed. Now, I'm trying to open it again, but the only shortcuts I'm finding are the uninstallers and the Pulse installer.

Do I have to reinstall the IDE again just to continue working and will I have to repeat the process each time I close the application, or is there a way to get to the IDE?

• August 28, 2012

I'm trying to build a native Mac application in Objective-c that uses the streaming API. I'm following Simon Fell's project:

https://github.com/superfell/StreamingApiDemo

but have not had much luck getting this to work. Running StreamingApiDemo out of the box, the application can handshake, but then logs this when attempting to connect:

error = "500::Internal server error";

Any hints on debugging this? 

• July 10, 2012

final=[datepicker date];
    NSLog(inicio.description);
    NSLog(final.description);
    NSDateFormatter *formatter;
    formatter = [[NSDateFormatter alloc] init];
    [formatter setDateFormat:@"yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.000'Z'"];
    NSString *inicioformat=[formatter stringFromDate:inicio];
    NSString *finalformat=[formatter stringFromDate:final];
    if([self.inicio.description isEqualToString:self.final.description]){
        UIAlertView *message = [[UIAlertView alloc] initWithTitle:@"Falla en las fechas"
                                                          message:@"La fecha y tiempo inicial no pueden ser el mismo que la fecha e inicio final"
                                                         delegate:nil
                                                cancelButtonTitle:@"OK"
                                                otherButtonTitles:nil];
    }
    else {
    NSArray *keys2=[[NSArray alloc]initWithObjects:@"WhatId",@"StartDateTime",@"EndDateTime",@"Description", nil];
    //NSArray *objs2=[[NSArray alloc]initWithObjects:whoid,inicio.description,final.description, descripcion.text,nil];
    NSArray *objs2=[[NSArray alloc]initWithObjects:whoid,inicioformat,finalformat, descripcion.text,nil];
        NSString *objectType = @"Event";
    NSDictionary *fields=[[NSDictionary alloc] initWithObjects:objs2 forKeys:keys2];
    SFRestRequest *request = [[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] requestForCreateWithObjectType:objectType fields:fields];
    [[SFRestAPI sharedInstance] send:request delegate:self];
    }

My problem is that when i check the event in the cloud, the app publish the even with early five hours of difference, the modification hour and date is correct, so its obvious that the cloud have the correct data, i expect someone could help me.

I'm aware of the capability to link to Visualforce and standard pages from native records in the Salesforce Mobile application, as outlined here:

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/mobile_links.htm

Any idea on how to go in the other direction? For instance, when in the mobile application viewing a Visualforce page in the embeded browser, can I link to the native page layout for a Contact? Something like salesforcemobile://contact.Id?

• February 28, 2012

How to capture details of any person from web and it should directly go in to account in salesforce like web-to-Lead?

I am trying to replicated a web to case form in visualforce.

The page sits in a tab on a clients org and at the moment emails me the contents of a form. i have got everything coded so it emails me everything fine.

Now what i'm trying to do is exactly copy the salesforce generated web to case form and get the visualforce form to post the form to the address in the html generated form. Unfortulately i'm getting the following error

This is the code i'm using in the controller

public with sharing class CaseExtension {

public Case mycase {get; set;}
    public User localUser {get; set;}
    public String route {get; set;}

public CaseExtension(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        this.mycase = (Case)stdController.getRecord();
        localUser = [SELECT Id, Phone, Email, FirstName, LastName from User where Id =: System.UserInfo.getUserId() LIMIT 1];
        this.mycase.OwnerId = localUser.Id;

}

public PageReference saveCase(){
       try {

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
       String[] toAddresses = new String[] {'https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToCase?encoding=UTF-8'};
       mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses);

mail.setPlainTextBody('orgid=00DD0000000Cl9q' + '&retURL=VF_Evo1_Tab&name=' + localUser.FirstName + '&email=' + localUser.Email + '&phone=' + localUser.Phone + '&subject=' + mycase.Subject + '&description=' + mycase.Description + '&00ND0000002wUGd=' + route + '&external=1&submit=Submit' );
        Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });
       }
       catch(System.DMLException e){
           ApexPages.addMessages(e);
           return null;
       }
  //     PageReference p = Page.ThankYou;
  //     p.setRedirect(true);
       return null;
     }

}

Just wondering if enyone could help me resolve this problem

I'm using OAuth in an iPhone application using the standard iOS toolkit. If there is a scheduled maintence notification presented after login, the view is not optimised for the mobile screen. The user is presented with an almost completely white screen, and must scroll through to dismiss the message.

As far as I can see, there is no method for managing the window size on that notification. Is there a formatting option I'm missing? Any way to supress maintenance notifications in OAuth on a mobile device? Thanks.

Vincent

• March 01, 2011

Hi Everybody and Hi Simon,

I have just installed Xcode 4 Gm version, and opened a project created by Xcode 3.2.5 using zksforce framework.

I get one issue when I try to build, in zkParser.h.

Libxml/parser.h: No such file or directory

It should be something with headers path but I can not find what is the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Danny