• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello all,

I have read the postings that I could find on this issue, but I am wondering if someone can help me understand better...We are making a managed package that must call out to external web services of the customer's ERP systems (that are not yet created!). The customer would have to implement these web services in their external systems and provide our package the information to call out to them.

1. What is the best way to implement this within our package?

2. How do we provide them a description of the services we need on their end (a WSDL) to aid in creating the services?

Please also let me know if I have the whole thing all wrong!?! Any help is greatly appreciated here!

Hello all,

I have an application that involves a number of devices on a network that each log into my org to call a web service there. These devices are not aware of nor connected to each other. I would like for at least some of them to share a SF user login, but between the session expiration and the potential for one of them to make a legitimate logout() call, there are obvious session management issues.

Does anyone know a way (without them talking to each other) to have several of these devices use the same user to login without anything invalidating the session for all of them? (Or perhaps, a way for each device to "check" whether it is currently logged in or if session key is valid before making a WS call to the cloud app?)

Thanks in advance!

Dave

I have searched the API docs and discussion boards and have not found any info about how to get to the SforceService or where it comes from, so I am starting a new post for this.

I am using VS2008, but target the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 for a CE 5.0 device. I generated a Partner WSDL (Which includes the SforceService endpoint def.). In VS2008, I added a Web Reference (not a WCF Service Reference!) and found the service description using the URL:

https://login.salesforce.com/?ec=302&startURL=%2Fservices%2Fwsdl%2Fclass%2FserviceName

(which looked successful).

I get the correct namespace added to my project with the proxy class for the service. When I try to set up the SOAP binding, I have no access to SforceService and cannot see it in the Object Browser. Is there something (i.e., an SDK) that I need to install to get this, or should it show up automatically from the service description while adding the Web Reference?

Please help! TIA, Dave

I have searched the API docs and discussion boards and have not found any info about how to get to the SforceService or where it comes from, so I am starting a new post for this.

I am using VS2008, but target the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 for a CE 5.0 device. I generated a Partner WSDL (Which includes the SforceService endpoint def.). In VS2008, I added a Web Reference (not a WCF Service Reference!) and found the service description using the URL:

https://login.salesforce.com/?ec=302&startURL=%2Fservices%2Fwsdl%2Fclass%2FserviceName

I get the correct namespace added to my project with the proxy class for the service. When I try to set up the SOAP binding, I have no access to SforceService and cannot see it in the Object Browser. Is there something (i.e., an SDK) that I need to install to get this, or should it show up automatically from the service description while adding the Web Reference?

Please help! TIA, Dave

Hello all,

I have an application that involves a number of devices on a network that each log into my org to call a web service there. These devices are not aware of nor connected to each other. I would like for at least some of them to share a SF user login, but between the session expiration and the potential for one of them to make a legitimate logout() call, there are obvious session management issues.

Does anyone know a way (without them talking to each other) to have several of these devices use the same user to login without anything invalidating the session for all of them? (Or perhaps, a way for each device to "check" whether it is currently logged in or if session key is valid before making a WS call to the cloud app?)

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Please help! TIA, Dave

Hello ,

I have to create a solution that get all items form a SF entity. I generate an Enterprise WSDL file   from SalesForce account. After that i tried to create a console application that connect to SF . I added WSDL file as web reference but i have a problem when i try to use that sample code provided in help documentation.

Problem is that i can't find SforceService to create an object from it. Can anyone help me ? 

private SforceService binding;
static private WalkthroughSample walkthroughSample;

Thank you.