• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

When I execute anonymous the following ..

class A {
 class B {
 }
}

.. it does not compile but fails with message 

Compile error at line 2 column 0
unexpected token: 'class'

Compile error at line 2 column 0unexpected token: 'class'

The same design pattern works in a controller class.

Any explanations?

TIA

Hi,

I am just starting off with VF and I am grappling with a simple UI problem.

I need to create a VF page with the following requirement:

There are three containers which need to be side by side. Each one would perhaps be used to show a list of items

What tags should I use to have this arrangement?

I tried using panelGrid with 3 columns and a pageBlockSection in each column but I got all of them in one column of the panelGrid.

It seems that there is no editor or a reference material which I could use to actually visually see how each component works and fits in each other.

Please help me understand how is it easy to develop? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Shashank

Hi,

When I execute anonymous the following ..

class A {
 class B {
 }
}

.. it does not compile but fails with message 

Compile error at line 2 column 0
unexpected token: 'class'

Compile error at line 2 column 0unexpected token: 'class'

The same design pattern works in a controller class.

Any explanations?

TIA

Hi,

I am just starting off with VF and I am grappling with a simple UI problem.

I need to create a VF page with the following requirement:

There are three containers which need to be side by side. Each one would perhaps be used to show a list of items

What tags should I use to have this arrangement?

I tried using panelGrid with 3 columns and a pageBlockSection in each column but I got all of them in one column of the panelGrid.

It seems that there is no editor or a reference material which I could use to actually visually see how each component works and fits in each other.

Please help me understand how is it easy to develop? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Shashank

Hello,

EXTJS library is being used by many people these days to enhace the standard VF functionality.

Here is one example of how to create a EXTJS Datagrid in a VF page (from Appirio):  link

My question is related to the interaction between different pieces used in the approach: Apex (Controller) <-> Visualforce components <-> EXTJS components:

1. The first type of interaction is following:

a. Apex fetches data  (either SFDC data or makes a WS callout to get data)

b. Visualforce components, such as <apex:repeat> are involved into formatting the data to be provided to EXTJS component

c. EXTJS component shows data that was formatted properly using Visualforce components (you'll get a better understanding if you look at a link above)

2. Second type of interaction is the point where questions comes: when data is displayed within EXTJS components, how do we link events that happen on EXTJS components to Apex? To make it clear, here is an example:

There is a <apex:commandButton> Visualforce component that has an 'action' attribute that links to a method within a Controller. Whenever a user presses the button a method is invoked. - this is all clear because we are using Visualforce only.

However, when it comes to EXTJS - its components have their own buttons and links, or any other GUI controls that can generate events. The question is - how to link a button on EXTJS component to a method within a Controller?

Generally speaking, the question would sound like: "How to link events, such as button clicks, in a custom javascipt code to a method within a Controller?"

Many thanks!

• January 24, 2009