• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

AppExchange Trial orgs have wrong home page layout (b/c of chatter features)

One of our applications, Absolute Automation, has Trialforce enabled and we are in the process of enabling the new "Trials on the AppExchange" feature.

This particular app doesn't use Chatter, so our "Trialforce Master Org" had chatter turned off.  In the security review process of AppExchange Trials, I created a new trial org from the TMO.  In this org, I noticed that Chatter was turned on.

This messes with our home page layout, so the "intro screen" we've crafted for new users doesn't look right.  To try to fix this, I went back to the TMO, enabled chatter, and then clicked the "Don't show this again" and "Hide Chatter" buttons so our home page "intro screen" looked right.

I then restarted the security review & created a new trial org from the new TMO export ... however the Chatter
features are once again taking up all the space on my home page.  As a result, trial users never really see the our intro screen because it's pushed off the page.

Here's what our homepage should look like (screenshot from our TMO immediately prior to DOT export):

TMO home page

And here's what it looks like in the trial org, regardless of the settings in my TMO:

trial org homepage

• August 23, 2010

Business need: I need to create a lookup field on the Opportunity object that looksup to the user records so that the rep can select the SC that is working on that account with them. Ideally, this list of fields in the lookup table would be filtered to show just users in the system with the Role of Solutions Consultant

Issue I have been hitting is its using my filter on the running role id.

Thanks,

Mike

Goal:

Upload multiple transactions from a separate source system via the data loader per "Master" record via a unique (external ID) 6 digit code that is generated from our separate source system.

Background:

We created a custom object called "Customers" which is separate from the out of the box Account object (we had to do this...). On each of these records there is a customer number i.e. 132543 that is unique to each one.

We created a 2nd custom object called Invoices that has a field that links to customers in a Master-Detail relationship. This field that links it is the Customer Number field. 

We need to import Invoices into Salesforce via the data loader that routes the appropriate (multiple) invoices to the appropriate customers, via the customer number

Issue:

When we are using the data loader it will only allow one invoice record to be imported per customer number.

Has anyone hit this issue? What should I look for in my setup? Any documentation out there to help?

Many thanks,

Mike

I need to migrate some change sets to production and only have 60% code coverage at the moment.

Has anyone worked with Salesforce to temporarily (or permanently) reduce or remove the 75% requirement?

Thanks,

Mike

Summary: When an Opportunity goes to the Stage Closed Won, I am trying to create a record in a child object. This child object is new, so I have latitude to make changes to it however I need to but I started with it having a Master-Detail relationship as I want to be able to report on information downstream off of both the Opportunity and this object and I need it to be a one to many relationship that we can manually create additional child records on.

This is my first attempt at creating a trigger so any help is much appreciated. I got a start by another posting on this board!

Error: Compile Error: unexpected token: 'List' at line 3 column 4
trigger createSplitCommissionOnOpportunityX on Opportunity (after insert) {

List Split_Commissions__c SCToInsert = new List Split_Commissions__c  (); 

for (Opportunity o : Trigger.new) {

if (o.StageName == 'Closed Won') {

Split_Commissions__c SC = new Split_Commissions__c (); 

sc.Opportunity_Name__c = o.Name; 

SCToInsert.add(sc);

}//end if

}//end for o

//once loop is done, you need to insert new records in SF
    // dml operations might cause an error, so you need to catch it with try/catch block.
    try {
        insert SCToInsert; 
    } catch (system.Dmlexception e) {
        system.debug (e);
    }

trigger createSplitCommissionOnOpportunityX on Opportunity (after insert) {        List Split_Commissions__c SCToInsert = new List Split_Commissions__c  ();        for (Opportunity o : Trigger.new) {                       if (o.StageName == 'Closed Won') {                Split_Commissions__c SC = new Split_Commissions__c ();                 sc.Opportunity_Name__c = o.Name;                 SCToInsert.add(sc);                        }//end if            }//end for o        //once loop is done, you need to insert new records in SF    // dml operations might cause an error, so you need to catch it with try/catch block.    try {        insert SCToInsert;     } catch (system.Dmlexception e) {        system.debug (e);    }

Background: We are an ISV of a native Force.com application and we use the LMA functionality to allocate licenses to our customers. Once allocated, the Salesforce admin at our customer site can allocate licenses to whomever they would like to including people who may not be allowed to see some of the information captured in our application.

Problem: Executive management is requesting email notification and/or an approval process for a licensed to be assigned to someone in their org and I do not see that as an option in the Workflow area.

Ask: Has anyone successfully helped a customer report on changes to the licenses of a managed package in their customer org?

Thanks,

Mike

Problem Statement: Our product that is built on the Force.com platform calculates commissions, which is highly confidential information. One prospect has a number of users with the out-of-the-box System Administator profile, some of which cannot see this information but need to view/edit all other data and also manage users within the application. We can remove read/write permissions from our custom objects (therefore creating a new profile), but cannot limit their ability to edit their profile and add themselves back to be able to view those objects.

Ask: Is there a way that we can:

1. Identify a short-list of objects we are interested in
  2. Push alerts/emails/activate workflows whenever the permissions on these objects within a profile are modified to a person/group of people to monitor this sensitive data

Thanks,

Mike Davis

Summary: When an Opportunity goes to the Stage Closed Won, I am trying to create a record in a child object. This child object is new, so I have latitude to make changes to it however I need to but I started with it having a Master-Detail relationship as I want to be able to report on information downstream off of both the Opportunity and this object and I need it to be a one to many relationship that we can manually create additional child records on.

This is my first attempt at creating a trigger so any help is much appreciated. I got a start by another posting on this board!

Error: Compile Error: unexpected token: 'List' at line 3 column 4
trigger createSplitCommissionOnOpportunityX on Opportunity (after insert) {

List Split_Commissions__c SCToInsert = new List Split_Commissions__c  (); 

for (Opportunity o : Trigger.new) {

if (o.StageName == 'Closed Won') {

Split_Commissions__c SC = new Split_Commissions__c (); 

sc.Opportunity_Name__c = o.Name; 

SCToInsert.add(sc);

}//end if

}//end for o

//once loop is done, you need to insert new records in SF
    // dml operations might cause an error, so you need to catch it with try/catch block.
    try {
        insert SCToInsert; 
    } catch (system.Dmlexception e) {
        system.debug (e);
    }

trigger createSplitCommissionOnOpportunityX on Opportunity (after insert) {        List Split_Commissions__c SCToInsert = new List Split_Commissions__c  ();        for (Opportunity o : Trigger.new) {                       if (o.StageName == 'Closed Won') {                Split_Commissions__c SC = new Split_Commissions__c ();                 sc.Opportunity_Name__c = o.Name;                 SCToInsert.add(sc);                        }//end if            }//end for o        //once loop is done, you need to insert new records in SF    // dml operations might cause an error, so you need to catch it with try/catch block.    try {        insert SCToInsert;     } catch (system.Dmlexception e) {        system.debug (e);    }

Hello,

We sell products to accounts who each may have different commissions. In the opportunity products environment for different type of products, I have created a simple formula that looks up the commission depending on the product family and the account. The problem is, SF does not allow for roll up sums on "cross object formulas" which is silly but I can't change that today. My question is, Does anyone know of a workaround to have a roll up summary of commission on the opportunity level?

Thanks!

Steven

Is it possible to create a Free Trial on Appexchange (eg 30 days) for a managed package that contain time-based workflow.  

The reason I ask is because time-based workflow cannot be packaged, and must be configured for each end customer who installs the free trial.  Since time-based workflow is an integral part of our application, does this mean we will be unable to use the “Free Trial” on the Appexchange?

Thanks in advance.

• September 27, 2010

AppExchange Trial orgs have wrong home page layout (b/c of chatter features)

One of our applications, Absolute Automation, has Trialforce enabled and we are in the process of enabling the new "Trials on the AppExchange" feature.

This particular app doesn't use Chatter, so our "Trialforce Master Org" had chatter turned off.  In the security review process of AppExchange Trials, I created a new trial org from the TMO.  In this org, I noticed that Chatter was turned on.

This messes with our home page layout, so the "intro screen" we've crafted for new users doesn't look right.  To try to fix this, I went back to the TMO, enabled chatter, and then clicked the "Don't show this again" and "Hide Chatter" buttons so our home page "intro screen" looked right.

I then restarted the security review & created a new trial org from the new TMO export ... however the Chatter
features are once again taking up all the space on my home page.  As a result, trial users never really see the our intro screen because it's pushed off the page.

Here's what our homepage should look like (screenshot from our TMO immediately prior to DOT export):

TMO home page

And here's what it looks like in the trial org, regardless of the settings in my TMO:

trial org homepage

• August 23, 2010

I have been asked to turn a link off when a trial user is accessing our package. (We are using Trialforce and the LMA.) I see the method:

UserInfo.isCurrentUserLicensed('namespace')

but am looking for confirmation that it returns false for "Trial" users and true when the trial is converted to "Active" via the LMA.

Thanks,

Keith

So I called SF Basic support and they said I need a formula to do what I need done, that they can't do formula, and that I should ask here...  So here I am. 

I am trying to filter contact views based on a custom field value in the contact's associated account record.  But Account custom fields don;t come up in the logic filter fields under contact views. 

So if I could pull in the field value (pick list) from the contacts associated account custom field then it would appear in my view logic filter, and I would be happy. 

So I have a account custom field named Account Relationship with multiple pick list text values.  How do I:

• Replicate the vales into a contact custom field
  • For all contacts associated with a given account

Thanks team. 

Hi All,

In a child object I want to have a forumla field that should display the selected mult-picklist values present in the parent object.

How can I do it? I am not able to use the merge field directly or using any of the available functions including text()

Thanks in advance

Vijay