• 40 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm trying to use a field update to bring out a phone number from a "Fax" field, and convert it to just a numerical sequence.  Could find a formula that would do this in the formula editor.   For example I want to convert fax # (818) 555-1212 into 8185551212, and add it onto an email.  Is there a formula that will take this string and remove the () and spaces?  So far I've done this:

"1"&FAX&"@concordsend.com"

Which gives me 1(818) 555-1212@concordsend.com.

I want: 18185551212@concordsend.com

Thanks,

Sean

• August 17, 2010

Hello,

We got a requirement in our salesforce application. We would like to track the following information during the SOSL and SOQL call executions.

1. How many times a record appeared in the search results?
2. What are the commonly used search keywords by users?

Is SF supporting these features? If yes, how to achieve? If no, Is SF planning to put these features in their future releases?

Thanks,
Ashok.

• November 04, 2010

Hi,

I want to get my dashboard to refresh automatically without doing it manually everytime i need. I want to schedule my dashboard which will be refreshed everyday. Is this possible to do? If yes, let me know how?

Thanks,

• August 23, 2010

HI

I am creating a formula field, in that contact name is required. But I am unable to find contact name field. It is displaying error screen "doesn't exist name field". Anybody have any idea why name field is not listed while creating name fiels.

Thanks.

• August 19, 2010

HI

I want to know limits (number)  on formula and roll-up summary fields can be created in a object (both custom and standard) ?

Thanks,

• August 19, 2010

Hi,

Validation rules will be applied before data saved to SF DB. This is true when data operations will be done through SF UI. My question is,  Will validation rules be applied when client app importing the data?

Thanks,

• August 18, 2010

Hi,

I am facing a problem when retrieving contact records based on phone number. I am unable to retrieve the record if it has the phone number in different format (Ex: 123-123-1234, (123)123-1234, 1231231234, 1-(123)123-1234....etc). I am using SOQL query to retrieve the data.

I want to retrieve records even the phone number format is different. Any solutions?

Thanks,

• August 17, 2010

Hello,

After going through the Bulk API documentation, i came to know that we can do insert, update, delete, upsert operation. My question is that is it not possible to retrieve the data by using this API?

Thanks.

• August 10, 2010

Hello,

We have written a apex webservice in Salesforce which will be invoked by the java program. We have scheduled it to run every day at one specific time. This is all about our application.

The problem is that sometimes some records are throwing out exception and the error description is "Entity is deleted". These records are executing successfully when we reprocess them. What could be the reason? Why these records(error) not throwing exceptions in the second run?

Thanks,

• August 10, 2010

in the Salesforce online help, they said that total number of records returned by the SOSL is 200. My question is, how to handle the SOSL query if it returns more than 200 records?

Any suggestions and ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

• August 02, 2010

HI

I am creating a formula field, in that contact name is required. But I am unable to find contact name field. It is displaying error screen "doesn't exist name field". Anybody have any idea why name field is not listed while creating name fiels.

Thanks.

• August 19, 2010

Hi,

Validation rules will be applied before data saved to SF DB. This is true when data operations will be done through SF UI. My question is,  Will validation rules be applied when client app importing the data?

Thanks,

• August 18, 2010

I'm trying to use a field update to bring out a phone number from a "Fax" field, and convert it to just a numerical sequence.  Could find a formula that would do this in the formula editor.   For example I want to convert fax # (818) 555-1212 into 8185551212, and add it onto an email.  Is there a formula that will take this string and remove the () and spaces?  So far I've done this:

"1"&FAX&"@concordsend.com"

Which gives me 1(818) 555-1212@concordsend.com.

I want: 18185551212@concordsend.com

Thanks,

Sean

• August 17, 2010

Hi,

I am facing a problem when retrieving contact records based on phone number. I am unable to retrieve the record if it has the phone number in different format (Ex: 123-123-1234, (123)123-1234, 1231231234, 1-(123)123-1234....etc). I am using SOQL query to retrieve the data.

I want to retrieve records even the phone number format is different. Any solutions?

Thanks,

• August 17, 2010

in the Salesforce online help, they said that total number of records returned by the SOSL is 200. My question is, how to handle the SOSL query if it returns more than 200 records?

Any suggestions and ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

• August 02, 2010