• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are just testing out OnDemand Email to Case and it works great, what is the format to send an email into an existing case.  I would expect something like Case#: 1234355 and not the guid used to uniquely identifies the case.  The customer service rep will be on the phone with the end client and give them the case # and put it in the body or the subject.  I cannot find it in the documentation for the ondemand with how to format the email.

Please tell me this exists seems silly that it wouldn't.

Message Edited by Joe Gaska on 09-11-2009 02:06 PM

Hi,

I've developed a few custom objects and am in the process of importing old data from another system (which the custom objects are replacing).  The problem I'm having is that one of the custom objects isn't showing up in the Custom Object Import Wizard.

There are no problems importing the custom object that is listed.

I've compared their configurations and no differences stand out.  The main structural difference is that unlisted object is a child/detail of the listed one (as well as a standard object).  I haven't read anything that would indicate that this would be a problem (but I may have missed something).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hello,

I am planning to do a insert of a large number of records that are inside of a CSV file. In the past we have provided the client a solution of using a Java program that reads the CSV file and makes the Insert by making use of Salesforce API.

However, now that the batch mode is available I was wondering if we can make use of it in this perticular scenario. Is there a way that we can can parse a large CSV file and insert records into Salesforce using salesforce batch mode.

Right now it appears that the batch mode can only run on records that are already inserted into Salesforce. I want the other way round, I want batch mode to be operational on records that are yet to be inserted into Salesforce. 

It some one already did this, please post the code and I guess it woud be helpfull for lot of people who are running in this issue. 

I would like to replace the opportunity product selection page with something more user friendly instead of just displaying a flat list of products. The ideas is a tree control display like:

+ Models
   + Family
      + Product Line

Model is defined by product record type: Model, Accessory
Family is defined by product family, e.g. "select family from product2 where recordtype = :model"
Product Line is defined by a custom field on Product, e.g. "select productline__c from product2 where recordtype=:model and family=:family"
Clicking + at product line gives you the products, e.g, "select name, ... from product2 where recrodtype=model and family=:family and productline__c = productline__c"

So, initially + Models isdisplay. Clicking on + expands to the Families under model. Clicking on a Family expands to the Product Lines under that Family, clicking + on product lines list all product under that recordtype, family, product line.

All obviously are controled by the selected Price Book.

Question: the functionality from an UI point of view is similar to what we have in the standard application under Setup: Clicking + under Customization gives you a list of standard objects, clicking a + next to a standard object gives you the various tasks you may perform.

How to do this on an APEX page?

Best regards,
Per