• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am creating a VF page to overwrite the pagelayout for my app tab. However, I still would like to include the standard buttons and layout such as New button, Recent Item etc. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

Hi,

I am creating a VF page to overwrite the pagelayout for my app tab. However, I still would like to include the standard buttons and layout such as New button, Recent Item etc. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

Hi,

I have created a new folder in Documents tab with Public Folder Access set as Read Only and made the folder is accessible by all users. I was hoping that with these settings, basic users will not be able to create, delete or modify the documents, but they were able to. After looking through the basic user's profile, I found that the Standard Object Permissions on documents are set as Read, Create, Edit, Delete, View All, Modify All. Is this the reason as to why basic users have read/write access to my document folder though it's been set to Read Only. Is there any way to make this folder read only? Thanks. 

Hi all,

I need help in getting access to custom object's standard fields. The following is my code so far, caused I'm stuck at this point.

trigger CheckUniqueITSkill on IT_Skill_Rating__c (before insert) {
    string employeeid = [SELECT EmployeeNumber FROM User WHERE username = :UserInfo.getUserId()].EmployeeNumber;

List<IT_Skill_Rating__c> itSkillRating =
    [SELECT j.IT_Skill__c
     FROM IT_Skill_Rating__c j
     WHERE j.CreatedBy = :employeeid];

}

And this is the error message:

Error: Compile Error: No such column 'CreatedBy' on entity 'IT_Skill_Rating__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 5 column 5.

What I am trying to do is to create an online rating. So each user will log in and rate their IT skill. The IT skill values will be available from a picklist field. Once the user selected 1 skill, he/she should not be able to use it again. What I am trying to do is to check the current records that user has entered and see if the IT skill has been rated before,

Thanks alot!!!!

Hi,

This is my first time getting in touch with cloud computing and I am still clueless about a lot of stuff. I created a custom object with a picklist field. I have already entered the values and when I tried to create a new record of this object, I was able to select values from the picklist field, with an Admin profile. Then I created another account with Standard User profile, and when I tried to create a new record with this profile, the picklist field was disabled and I was unable to select or view anything from this field. Is it related to security setting? I was unable to find any help on this.

Really appreciate any help from the community.

Thanks alot!!!

Hi,

Hi all,

I need help in getting access to custom object's standard fields. The following is my code so far, caused I'm stuck at this point.

trigger CheckUniqueITSkill on IT_Skill_Rating__c (before insert) {
    string employeeid = [SELECT EmployeeNumber FROM User WHERE username = :UserInfo.getUserId()].EmployeeNumber;

List<IT_Skill_Rating__c> itSkillRating =
    [SELECT j.IT_Skill__c
     FROM IT_Skill_Rating__c j
     WHERE j.CreatedBy = :employeeid];

}

And this is the error message:

Error: Compile Error: No such column 'CreatedBy' on entity 'IT_Skill_Rating__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 5 column 5.

What I am trying to do is to create an online rating. So each user will log in and rate their IT skill. The IT skill values will be available from a picklist field. Once the user selected 1 skill, he/she should not be able to use it again. What I am trying to do is to check the current records that user has entered and see if the IT skill has been rated before,

Thanks alot!!!!

Hi,

This is my first time getting in touch with cloud computing and I am still clueless about a lot of stuff. I created a custom object with a picklist field. I have already entered the values and when I tried to create a new record of this object, I was able to select values from the picklist field, with an Admin profile. Then I created another account with Standard User profile, and when I tried to create a new record with this profile, the picklist field was disabled and I was unable to select or view anything from this field. Is it related to security setting? I was unable to find any help on this.

Really appreciate any help from the community.

Thanks alot!!!