• 175 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to install am appexchange managed app that I can recieving errors from. I am running up against the governor limit:

Total number of describes allowed7 	100

7 Describes include the following methods and objects:

* ChildRelationship objects
    * RecordTypeInfo objects
    * PicklistEntry objects
    * fields calls

All I know at this time is this has something to do with the number of fields I have on a given object. I have a number of questions about the above text.

1. What does "describes" mean?

2. Does objects mean field?

3. What are "fields calls?"

Thank you,

ckellie

Hello Gurus,

I am facing a problem related to REST service. We have Documentum installed for our instance. We have a Visualforce and a controller class which allows the user to store notes and attachment on the Documentum server. We were able to achieve this by making a REST call using Javascript.

We have another external application which sends documents which are stored as attachments for contacts. We would like to store this attachments instead on Documentum. Since the other application doesn't allow us any customization,we are left with creating our own class (with future method) which will make a REST call.

The problem is we are able to successfully do it through Javascript but when we do it through Apex, we get the following exception:

FATAL_ERROR|System.CalloutException: Unable to tunnel through proxy. Proxy returns "HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found"

I don't believe it's a whitelisting issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
KB

Hello Salesforce Gurus,

I need help with this exception: System.QueryException: Non-selective query against large object type (more than 100000 rows)

Following is the query where I get the exception: select Opportunity_Number__c,Id 

from Opportunity where Opportunity_Number__c in :LstOpptyNbrs

Now Opportunity_Number__c is Text(255) (External ID) (Unique Case Sensitive). Salesforce suggests that if the dataset is large than the query should contain filters against indexed fields, which I am doing here. Moreover I get this exception when a record is sent from another SF instance in a SF - SF integration.

Thanks & Regards,

K

Hello All,

I have a batch class which simply updates a boolean value on all the opportunityLineItems to true and updates them. This in turn fires a trigger which recalculates the forecasts and schedules for those OpportunityLineItems. 

I have kept a batch size of 1000 records. However when I execute the program..I see the following exception entered in ExtendedStatus field of the AsyncApexJob for Jobtype=BatchApexWorker ...

First error: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20423: 
ORA-06512: at "GRUMPY.SOPPORTUNITY", line 4691
ORA-06512: at "GRUMPY.SOPPORTUNITY", line 4840
ORA-06512: at line 1

SQLException while executing plsql statement: {call sOpportunity.validate_rollups(?,?...

Moreover, if when the program began and the total batch items were 500, after this exception entry the total number of batches decreases to 451. Also there is no entry of above exception in the debug log and status of the batch program is successful. This is very urgent and any light on this matter would be very helpful.

Regards,
K

Hello Everybody,

Currently I am facing a very weird problem. Here goes the description:

I converted a lead to create an opportunity. One of the field is CloseDate with value as 9/30/2012. The product added to the opportunity has a quarterly schedule. A field called BookedDate contains today's date i.e. 8/17/2012. Opportunity stage is 5- Closed Won.

Now by virtue of a trigger, the schedules should be generated starting from 9/30/2012, however when the CloseDate is updated to today's date and quarterly schedules are generated off today's date, and then again the CloseDate is assigned 9/30/2012 by virtue of a Field Update.

The Opportunity  history shows two entries:

1st) CloseDate changed from 9/30 to 8/17.

2nd) CloseDate changed from 8/17 to 9/30.

Now the most confusing part is the trigger :

It first generates the schedules from 8/17, however due to the update from 8/17 to 9/30 on CloseDate on Opportunity, its logic is not executed. I put a debug log and what it shows for that instance is that the Trigger.new and Trigger.old CloseDate  are the same, which is not true since Old Close Date is 8/17 and New CloseDate is 9/30, but debug log shows New and Old CloseDate as 9/30.

The problem is so confusing that it's difficult to express it right away. Any suggestion would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

K

Hello All,

I created a few reports under a folder and gave "Read-only" access to that folder to a group. However the users of that group are able to customize the reports and save them. I want to prevent them from editing those reports. 

Your suggestions will be most helpful.

Thanks in advance,

KB

Hello All,

I am using informatica to import data from external database table to an object in SFDC. The process is running fine except when i change it into Bulk mode. I get the following exception in SFDC:

InvalidBatch : type is not needed for non polymorphic foreign key references

I see this exception in Bulk Data Load Jobs under setup menu. Any pointers as to the reason would be very helpful. 

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

KB

Hello All,

I would like to develop a managed package (learning the functionality). Now I was able to add fields to objects in managed packages and I am curious how does the code in managed packages handle those new custom fields added to those objects? Should the code be written in such a way that it should be able to handle such scenarios i.e. if you add, modify or delete any field on an object in managed packages? Do all packages handle such scenarios?

I would be very grateful if the experts on this forum could share their views on this matter.

Regards,

kb

Hello All,

A very simple question: How are the AccountContactRole records inserted? I mean right now in our system I see that there accounts and contacts, but no AccountContactRole records generated. Creating a new AccountContactRole through the related list on Account, is that the only way?

Greatly appreciate your inputs on this issue.

Regards,

KB

Hello All,

I am trying to pull data from Salesforce using Informatica cloud. The criteria to select the record is: any records modified within last 15 minutes. Now lastModifieddate is a datetime field and I am not sure how do the math on that field in Informatica. Any suggestion would be very helpful. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
KB 

Hello All,

We have around 700+ report folders and we need to share reports from these folders with different set of users based on various conditions and requests. What would satisfy this requirement is to have a public group to which all these report folders are shared and then add/remove members to the group as and when needed. The problem is how do we dynamically add a group to a report folder so that it appears under "Shared to" when you click edit report folder?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

kb.

Hello All,

I am having some problems with Apex Managed Sharing. Following is the scenario:

- Custom object call has org. wide setting to Private. All the records in it are owned by only the System admin. The records are imported using ETL. For profile of each of the users, Call object access is - NO Access. If I give the profile a read access for the object then they are able to see all the records which I do not want. 

- For a specific value in a field site, different set of users should get access. Apex managed sharing code in a trigger gives read access for new data coming in to SFDC. For old data, I have a batch apex job which does the same. 

- I see that the users have read access, checked the share object. But when I access that record with that users' creds, I get the error - Insufficient Privileges.

I would appreciate if anybody can point out what's wrong in the whole situation or what can be the possible solution.

I would be grateful for any pointers.

Thank you 

KB.

Hello All,

- Custom object call has org. wide setting to Private. All the records in it are owned by only the System admin. The records are imported using ETL.

- For a specific value in a field site, different set of users should get access. Apex managed sharing code in a trigger gives read access for new data coming in to SFDC. For old data, I have a batch apex job which does the same. 

- I see that the users have read access, checked the share object. But when I access that record with that users' creds, I get the error - Insufficient Privileges.

- On additional note, for profile of each of those users, Call object access is - NO Access. 

I would appreciate if anybody can point out what's wrong in the whole situation or what can be the possible solution.

Thank you 

KB.

Hello All,

I am trying to bring over some data from a MYSql DB using Jitterbit into Salesforce. Even though there are only 6 records I get the EXCEEDED_ID_LIMIT error message. Any suggestion would be very helpful. 

Error on the server: The webservice call failed. The web service returned a SOAP Fault:
Code: sf:EXCEEDED_ID_LIMIT
Message: EXCEEDED_ID_LIMIT: record limit reached. cannot submit more than 200 records into this call

Detail: <sf:UnexpectedErrorFault xmlns:sf="urn:fault.enterprise.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="sf:UnexpectedErrorFault"><sf:exceptionCode>EXCEEDED_ID_LIMIT</sf:exceptionCode><sf:exceptionMessage>record limit reached. cannot submit more than 200 records into this call</sf:exceptionMessage></sf:UnexpectedErrorFault>

Additional details:
Failed to post the file "C:/Windows/Temp/jitterbit/OpId_10_158447be-5997-421a-952e-ff3d2b22c452/_t23.target_req.xml" to the web service at "https://cs13-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/23.0/00DW0000000CrS2/0DFW0000000CaT8".
Reason: The last (and probably most relevant) error was:
The server returned HTTP Status Code : 500 Internal Server Error

Thank you very much.

K

Hello All,

We would like to render Account page (default pagelayout, not VF page) as  PDF. I searched in the discussion board, but wasn't able to find anything. Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Hello All,

Our scenario is as such: There are two sub-organizations within the same salesforce instance. Each organization's leads/contacts/accounts are not visible to the other. We have created user specifically for integration purpose who has access to all of the data of only org. A and no access to org. B. However there is a lead generation application which we have bought license of, which uses this user to login into salesforce and sync up the leads/contacts/accounts and it is able to view the email addresses of the newly created leads/contacts/accounts of org. B as well. The weird thing is, when i login with that user cred. into salesforce I am not able to find the same data of org. B.

Been scratching my head over this. Can you provide any insight into this? It's kind of urgent and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ketan B.

hello all,

I need your expert guidance in the following matter.

here's my two sets of codes from Apex class:

if (!isValidUserName()){
           ApexPages.Message msg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR, 'Username should be a valid email address.');
            ApexPages.addMessage(msg);
            return null;
        }

private boolean isValidUserName(){
        String at = '@';
        String dot = '.';
        Integer iLenAt = username.indexOf(at);
        Integer iLenDot = username.indexOf(dot,iLenAt);

if(username.indexOf(at) <= 0 || username.indexOf(at) == username.length() || username.indexOf(dot) <= 0 
        || username.indexOf(dot) == username.length() || username.substring(iLenAt+1,iLenAt+2)==dot || username.indexOf(dot,(iLenAt+2))==-1 || username.indexOf(' ') !=-1 ){
            return false;
        }

return true;
    }

/*----------------------------------------*/
public boolean checkFirstName(){
         if (first_Name.length() == 0 ){
//             ApexPages.Message msgFirstName = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.INFO, 'First Name is required.',  'First Name is required.');
            ApexPages.Message msgFirstName = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.ERROR, Label.First_Name_Required);
            ApexPages.addMessage(msgFirstName);

bRetVal= false;
        }
}

my visualforce page contains the following components:

<tr>
	          							<td>
	          								<apex:outputLabel value="First Name: " for="firstName" styleClass="applicationInformationLabelRequired"/>
	          							</td>
	          							<td>
	          								<apex:inputText required="true" id="firstName" value="{!firstName}" size="25"/>
	          							</td>
	          						</tr>
	          						<tr>
	          							<td>
	          								<apex:outputLabel value="{!$Label.site.username}/Email: " for="username" styleClass="applicationInformationLabelRequired"/>
	          							</td>
	          							<td>
	          								<apex:inputText required="true" id="username" value="{!username}" size="25"/> 
	          							</td>
	          						</tr>

both set of codes are similar and simple however for firstname the message is printed:

:theForm:theBlock:Section:firstName: Validation Error: Value is required.

which is wrong.

where as for user name the message is :

Username should be a valid email address.

which is what I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everybody,

I wanted to know if i could set different default values for a text field on different page layouts?

Also, how do I default "closed" value for Case status on Close Case detail page when I click "Close Case" button on Case Page?

Thanks in Advance.

KW

Hello everybody,

I wanted to know if i could set different default values for a text field on different page layouts?

Also, how do I default "closed" value for Case status on Close Case detail page when I click "Close Case" button on Case Page?

Thanks in Advance.

KW

Hello Salesforce Gurus,

I need help with this exception: System.QueryException: Non-selective query against large object type (more than 100000 rows)

Following is the query where I get the exception: select Opportunity_Number__c,Id 

from Opportunity where Opportunity_Number__c in :LstOpptyNbrs

Now Opportunity_Number__c is Text(255) (External ID) (Unique Case Sensitive). Salesforce suggests that if the dataset is large than the query should contain filters against indexed fields, which I am doing here. Moreover I get this exception when a record is sent from another SF instance in a SF - SF integration.

Thanks & Regards,

K

Hi,

I am trying to call infoconnect API through apex class and page. But its giving me error "Unsupported media type".

Following is my code :

Apex class code:

public class CalloutSample {   

public String getData()  {

Http http = new Http();      

HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();      

req.setEndpoint('https://api.infoconnect.com/v1/companies/615869369?resourcetype=basic&apikey=f4702d2cfc7efcbda07160f3e89b4ea1');      

req.setMethod('GET');         

req.setTimeout(30000);             

req.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/json');                    

HttpResponse res = http.send(req);                 

return res.getStatus();                 

}

}

Apex page code :

<apex:page controller="CalloutSample">
     <apex:form >
         <apex:outputLabel value="{!Data}" />:
     </apex:form>
  </apex:page>

The api url works fine when calling directly from browser.

Please help me out...

Thanks             

• November 08, 2012

Hey there,

we developed an mobile application that we want to deliver in AppExchange.

For that we have to develop the interface to connect the app with Salesforce CRM.

I logged in at developerforce.com and found the WSDL documents.

I tried the login-Webservice in SoapUI, but it doesn't work, although I took out the LoginScopeHeader and tried it with my developeraccount-username and my salesforce-test-account-username (because I wasn't sure which one I should take)...

Does it maybe not work because my salesforce-account is a test-version?

I always get the error "error getting respone; java.net.ConnectException:Connection timed out: connect" :(

Please help!

• November 08, 2012

Hello All,

I have a batch class which simply updates a boolean value on all the opportunityLineItems to true and updates them. This in turn fires a trigger which recalculates the forecasts and schedules for those OpportunityLineItems. 

I have kept a batch size of 1000 records. However when I execute the program..I see the following exception entered in ExtendedStatus field of the AsyncApexJob for Jobtype=BatchApexWorker ...

First error: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20423: 
ORA-06512: at "GRUMPY.SOPPORTUNITY", line 4691
ORA-06512: at "GRUMPY.SOPPORTUNITY", line 4840
ORA-06512: at line 1

SQLException while executing plsql statement: {call sOpportunity.validate_rollups(?,?...

Moreover, if when the program began and the total batch items were 500, after this exception entry the total number of batches decreases to 451. Also there is no entry of above exception in the debug log and status of the batch program is successful. This is very urgent and any light on this matter would be very helpful.

Regards,
K

Hello Everybody,

Currently I am facing a very weird problem. Here goes the description:

I converted a lead to create an opportunity. One of the field is CloseDate with value as 9/30/2012. The product added to the opportunity has a quarterly schedule. A field called BookedDate contains today's date i.e. 8/17/2012. Opportunity stage is 5- Closed Won.

Now by virtue of a trigger, the schedules should be generated starting from 9/30/2012, however when the CloseDate is updated to today's date and quarterly schedules are generated off today's date, and then again the CloseDate is assigned 9/30/2012 by virtue of a Field Update.

The Opportunity  history shows two entries:

1st) CloseDate changed from 9/30 to 8/17.

2nd) CloseDate changed from 8/17 to 9/30.

Now the most confusing part is the trigger :

It first generates the schedules from 8/17, however due to the update from 8/17 to 9/30 on CloseDate on Opportunity, its logic is not executed. I put a debug log and what it shows for that instance is that the Trigger.new and Trigger.old CloseDate  are the same, which is not true since Old Close Date is 8/17 and New CloseDate is 9/30, but debug log shows New and Old CloseDate as 9/30.

The problem is so confusing that it's difficult to express it right away. Any suggestion would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot.

K

Hello All,

I am using informatica to import data from external database table to an object in SFDC. The process is running fine except when i change it into Bulk mode. I get the following exception in SFDC:

InvalidBatch : type is not needed for non polymorphic foreign key references

I see this exception in Bulk Data Load Jobs under setup menu. Any pointers as to the reason would be very helpful. 

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

KB

Hello All,

I would like to develop a managed package (learning the functionality). Now I was able to add fields to objects in managed packages and I am curious how does the code in managed packages handle those new custom fields added to those objects? Should the code be written in such a way that it should be able to handle such scenarios i.e. if you add, modify or delete any field on an object in managed packages? Do all packages handle such scenarios?

I would be very grateful if the experts on this forum could share their views on this matter.

Regards,

kb

Hello All,

I am trying to pull data from Salesforce using Informatica cloud. The criteria to select the record is: any records modified within last 15 minutes. Now lastModifieddate is a datetime field and I am not sure how do the math on that field in Informatica. Any suggestion would be very helpful. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
KB 

Hello All,

- Custom object call has org. wide setting to Private. All the records in it are owned by only the System admin. The records are imported using ETL. For profile of each of the users, Call object access is - NO Access. If I give the profile a read access for the object then they are able to see all the records which I do not want. 

Thank you 

KB.

Hello All,

- Custom object call has org. wide setting to Private. All the records in it are owned by only the System admin. The records are imported using ETL.

- On additional note, for profile of each of those users, Call object access is - NO Access. 

Thank you 

KB.

Hello All,

I am trying to bring over some data from a MYSql DB using Jitterbit into Salesforce. Even though there are only 6 records I get the EXCEEDED_ID_LIMIT error message. Any suggestion would be very helpful. 

Error on the server: The webservice call failed. The web service returned a SOAP Fault:
Code: sf:EXCEEDED_ID_LIMIT
Message: EXCEEDED_ID_LIMIT: record limit reached. cannot submit more than 200 records into this call

Detail: <sf:UnexpectedErrorFault xmlns:sf="urn:fault.enterprise.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="sf:UnexpectedErrorFault"><sf:exceptionCode>EXCEEDED_ID_LIMIT</sf:exceptionCode><sf:exceptionMessage>record limit reached. cannot submit more than 200 records into this call</sf:exceptionMessage></sf:UnexpectedErrorFault>

Additional details:
Failed to post the file "C:/Windows/Temp/jitterbit/OpId_10_158447be-5997-421a-952e-ff3d2b22c452/_t23.target_req.xml" to the web service at "https://cs13-api.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/23.0/00DW0000000CrS2/0DFW0000000CaT8".
Reason: The last (and probably most relevant) error was:
The server returned HTTP Status Code : 500 Internal Server Error

Thank you very much.

K

Hello All,

We would like to render Account page (default pagelayout, not VF page) as  PDF. I searched in the discussion board, but wasn't able to find anything. Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Hello All,

Our scenario is as such: There are two sub-organizations within the same salesforce instance. Each organization's leads/contacts/accounts are not visible to the other. We have created user specifically for integration purpose who has access to all of the data of only org. A and no access to org. B. However there is a lead generation application which we have bought license of, which uses this user to login into salesforce and sync up the leads/contacts/accounts and it is able to view the email addresses of the newly created leads/contacts/accounts of org. B as well. The weird thing is, when i login with that user cred. into salesforce I am not able to find the same data of org. B.

Been scratching my head over this. Can you provide any insight into this? It's kind of urgent and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ketan B.