• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Sorry if this is way too basic but I've been pouring over all of the books I got at dreamforce and the online docs and cannot figure this out.

I'm creating a Visualforce page for a custom object called "Override".  At minimum I'd like the user to be able to insert an Override record on this page (in one row).  However, all I can see in the docs is how to create a page that displays existing records and perform mass updates to them:

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Override__c" recordSetVar="overrides">
<apex:sectionHeader title="Overrides"></apex:sectionHeader>
    <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock id="pageRowInsert">
        <apex:pageMessages />
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton action="{!Save}" value="Save"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!overrides}" var="ovr">
               <apex:column ><apex:inputField value="{!ovr.Advisor_Rep__c}"  /></apex:column>
                <apex:column ><apex:inputField value="{!ovr.Institution__c}"  /></apex:column>
                <apex:column headerValue="Opportunity" value="{!ovr.Opportunity__c}"></apex:column>
                <apex:column headerValue="Override Amount" value="{!ovr.Override_Amount__c}"></apex:column>               
            </apex:pageBlockTable>
        </apex:pageBlock>
   </apex:form>
</apex:page>

How do I tell the system that I want empty  inputFields so that I can Insert a record?

And if it's not too much to ask, what I'd really want is for the user to be able to have 10 or 20 empty rows so they could setup 10 to 20 records at one time then press "SAVE" once and have all of them inserted.