• Member since 2010
  • Salesforce Admin

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all - I am trying to remove ACTON from our Salesforce instance. We have disabled it, uninstalled and deleted most of the components but some components will not remove because of some APEX codes.
Any suggestions about how I can do this myself as a Salesforce Admin?
Hi all - I need to change my validation rule and having a time of it. I need the Number_of_Contacts_Roles_Assigned__c to be = 0 (not BLANK) in order display the error message + if someone choose any of the stages below with no contact role, the error will show.

So if there are zero contact roles on the opp and any of the stages in the validation rule below are chosen the error will show.
I already have the trigger and fields for this, just need to get my validation rule right. HELP!!!! This should be so easy! Maybe my brain is too fried.

AND 

ISBLANK(Number_of_Contacts_Roles_Assigned__c), 
AND(OR(ISPICKVAL(StageName,'Value Proposition'),ISPICKVAL(StageName,'Proposal/Price Quote'),ISPICKVAL(StageName,'Negotiation/Review'), ISPICKVAL(StageName ,'Closed Won'),ISPICKVAL(StageName ,'Closed Lost'))))
Hi devs,

I'm working on how best to create a report that shows the hourly goal of Demos Set to what was actually set.
This report is looked at throughout the day so the goal would need to change per hour.
I created a formula field to indicate time of day and it keeps building as the day goes on, then I created a formula field to capture the static goal.
The report below is based on today and looks like this:
User-added image
Is there a better way for management to look at this and track it when the hour's end gets close?
Should I be creating a custom object or looking for an outside app?
Hey all,

I'm trying to set up a way to track how many demos our team schedules per hour against a goal. For example, the team has to have 20 demos scheduled by 8am, 40 by 9am, 60 by 10am, etc etc. Anyone have a suggestion as to how to set this up and be able to show it in a report and dash?
Thanks for your help!
Hi All - 

I am looking to bring in the task status of the most recent task activity (which is a particular record type, btw) onto the opportunity record. How can I do this?
I thought about a roll-up field but can't do that out of the box
I thought about Process Builder but can't seem to use that either
I thought about a cross-object formula field with a field update

What I need is to view what the current status is on a particular Task record type's most current record any time it is updated.
Any suggestions?
Hi all - I've searched for this but while there are similar posts, they're not quite the answers I'm looking for.

I have a picklist on a custom object called "Quotations". This custom object is related to a standard Opportunity. When users want to request a Quotation, they go to the related list on the Opportunity and click New Quotation. On the Quotation record is a picklist that contains A,B,C,D, etc to represent the quote rev. This letter goes at the end of an auto-number generated on the Opportunity.
Because the system is seeing the rev letters sequencially, I want the user to only choose the next rev letter. Currently they are able to choose duplicate rev letters which messes up my quotes pending reports (because the systems isn't seeing the new request - only the prior request, which usually is already completed).

How can I get the user to only use the next REV letter? Is it a validation rule that let's the user know the REV letter is a duplicate on the Opportunity record? Or is there a PRIOR VAL formula I can use for this?

Thanks all, for your help!!!

Hi all -

I have a Customer Object called PM Picks that is a Master-Detail relationship with the account. On the PM Picks, I have a picklist field that has our Product Lines. I also have other fields on the PM Pick pulling from the account such as #open opps, open opp amount, install base, etc. When someone chooses a product line, I would like the information for only the product chosen from the picklist to show up on the PM Pick record created. Basically, filtering the Account information based on product line. What is the best way to do this?

I know how to create a COUNT roll-up summary for opportunities but how can I create a COUNT roll-up
summary for Product Line, a custom field on the opportunity?

I've looked through the instructions but can't figure out how to show the different product lines
covered on the Account Record.

For example, the account from the product pie below should have:

46 AMAT 
14 CPT
1 CPT-SRD
6 LAM
15 Mattson
13 MRC Eclipse
10 Novellus
1 Nanoplas

Hi all - I need to change my validation rule and having a time of it. I need the Number_of_Contacts_Roles_Assigned__c to be = 0 (not BLANK) in order display the error message + if someone choose any of the stages below with no contact role, the error will show.

So if there are zero contact roles on the opp and any of the stages in the validation rule below are chosen the error will show.
I already have the trigger and fields for this, just need to get my validation rule right. HELP!!!! This should be so easy! Maybe my brain is too fried.

AND 

ISBLANK(Number_of_Contacts_Roles_Assigned__c), 
AND(OR(ISPICKVAL(StageName,'Value Proposition'),ISPICKVAL(StageName,'Proposal/Price Quote'),ISPICKVAL(StageName,'Negotiation/Review'), ISPICKVAL(StageName ,'Closed Won'),ISPICKVAL(StageName ,'Closed Lost'))))
Hi All - 

I am looking to bring in the task status of the most recent task activity (which is a particular record type, btw) onto the opportunity record. How can I do this?
I thought about a roll-up field but can't do that out of the box
I thought about Process Builder but can't seem to use that either
I thought about a cross-object formula field with a field update

What I need is to view what the current status is on a particular Task record type's most current record any time it is updated.
Any suggestions?
Hi all -

I have a Customer Object called PM Picks that is a Master-Detail relationship with the account. On the PM Picks, I have a picklist field that has our Product Lines. I also have other fields on the PM Pick pulling from the account such as #open opps, open opp amount, install base, etc. When someone chooses a product line, I would like the information for only the product chosen from the picklist to show up on the PM Pick record created. Basically, filtering the Account information based on product line. What is the best way to do this?

Hi All,

Just a quick question im sure someone can help with, or at least point me in the right direction.

Does anyone know of a way to mass update calendar events in salesforce? i can generate a report and even a list of the events that need changing but im having real problems finding an app to help with this.

Essentially what id like to do is grab all the events in todays calendar with a specific subject line, then change the due date and time on all of them.

I can see there are apps and tips around that help you acomplish this with tasks, i was just hoping someone would know how to do this with events?

any help would be appreciated :)

Brendon.

Installed Cloud Swarm 3 a few weeks ago, worked great at first then suddenly started to misfunction.

The information reported in the Chatter e-mails is incomplete, many actions from multiple users appear to be missing.

Any idea ?

• December 12, 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to pull in the Account Owner's Name to a custom object using a formula. However just see an option for the Account Owner ID.

TIA

David

Hello All,

I have a scenario where I have certain fields like PNO, AcctNo fields from Account Object to be autopopulated in the OPPORTUNITY Object.

For Ex - Account - "XYZ" and if i pick this account name in that Opportunity Object couple of other fields should be autopopulated along with the account name (fields - PNO, AcctNo).

I have all the account fields available in the Opportunity Object (Now, we are entering manually, we need to automate this)

Please help me how to accomplish this task.... Any thoughts/Ideas/Suggestions??? Please let me know..

Your Help is much appreciated. ManY Thanks.

Regards,

Danny

Hi, I created the following custom fields in Contact object to calculate the average survey socre:

- Sum of Scores (field name: Sum_of_Scores__c)

- # of surveys (field name: Surveys_filled_out__c)

- Ave Score: this is a formula: ROUND(Sum_of_Scores__c / Surveys_filled_out__c,0)

However, I'm getting'#Error!' in the Ave Score field when the value of the formula returns 0. I'd like it to show '0' instead.

Does anyone know how to work around that? Thanks.