• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

i'm new to apex. I need help in writing nested Query in soql.

I need the following nested query in SOQL form. IS it possible write in this way?Then how to write it in SOQL.

please help me

the query is written in sql form:

select emailid from userprofile where empname in (select deptHead from department where deptId in (select deptId from Userprofile where empId='1001'));

-Shravan

HI every one,

I want to reorder the records of a custom object. Means I want to move records up and down according to the need so that I can display these records in a correct order in visualforce page.

See this http://www.tekgarner.com/Demo/dragtable/drag.php  link. How can I achieve this in salesforce with jquery.

Thanks in advance,

Naresh B

HI every one,

I used rerender in actionsupport in my visualforce page.According to the event in actionsupport, it display the fields in visualforce page.but its taking long time to display the fields in visualforce page. Any one has any idea to speed up this so that immediately I can see the effect of rerender.

Thanks in advance,

Naresh B

I created a visualforce page wizard with 3 visualforce pages.That means user first fills the first visualforce page and after that he clicks on next then he fills next visualforce page after that he clicks on next then he fills third visualforce page now he saves the form.

My problem is, when user fills the first visualforce page and when he clicks on next, then the whole page is reloading. I want to reload only page part.

Can any one please help me in doing this.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI every body,

I have  

<apex:inputfield value="{!Eventinfo_startDT.Start_date_and_time__c}" id="Eventinfo_StartDTTest"/>  this line in my visualforce page. The value in inputfield tag is datetime datatype. 
    Before, when I click in the textbox, calendar was appearing to select the date. But now when I click in the textbox calendar is not coming. I think there is some issue in it.
   I spend a lot of time to resolve the issue, but unable to resolve. Can some body please help me regarding this.
Thanks,
Naresh

HI every one,

If you have any related information for the following requirment please let me know. My requirement is, 

admin has to create unlimited fields(Unlimited means more in number), for the users to enter the data. And also I need to save that data in salesforce.

thanks

naresh

HI Every one,

I am developing a event management application in salesforce.What is the best way to create a event registration form so that user can register with out logging into salesforce.

First we will send invitations to selected contacts and leads through a mail which will contain the registration form link. How we can display a registration form to users so that they can register to the event.We need to send these registration details to registration custom object.

Please let me know if you need more information,

Thanks in advance,

Naresh 

HI every one,

I created a visualforce email template in salesforce. After that I created a visualforce page, and I added a text area field in that visualforce page. Is it possible to call  that visualforce email template in to this text area. And I want to send the email when I click send button. 

Please provide me some info regarding this.If you need more information please let me know that.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI, I made a managed package and uploaded it to appexchange.I upgraded it many times.Yesterday evening(at 1 st March 2011, 6 pm Indian time) also I upgraded the managed package with a bug fix. I am able to install the package in a developer edition successfully. But while I was installing the same package in enterprise edition, I got this error 

"Package Not Found 
The requested package does not exist or has been deleted. Please contact the package publisher for assistance. If this is a recently uploaded package, please try again soon. " 

After that I tried many times, I got the same error. After 20 hrs also I am getting the same error. 

Another thing is, now I am unable to install the same package in developer edition also. Because I am getting the same error.But I was installed the same package successfully once yesterday. 

Please help me. I am unable to find any info related to this.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI every one,

I created a managed package with some custom objects. Only system administrator is able to see the records in that objects. How to give permissions to other standard user profiles, so that they also can see the custom object records.(I given all field level permissions).

Please help me.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI every one,

Is there any way to read fiscal year month in apex code.What I mean is, I will set fiscal year starting month in COMPANY PROFILE->FISCAL YEAR.How I can get this value in apex code.

Is there any easy method.Please let me know.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI every one,

When I changed the Time Zone in Personal Information of my salesforce account, I am able to see the date, time change in the records of Custom objects correctly. But when I am working on SOQL queries(On custom object records) ,I am unable to get modified date,time values. But its taking original date,time values only, 

How to rectify this problem, so that modified date,time values may work in soql queries also.

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks in advance,

Naresh

HI every one,

How to get current fiscal year into a variable. Is there any method to read current fiscal year. I know how to write soql queries based on fiscal year. But how to get the value of current fiscal year into a variable.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI Every one,

I am creating account and contact for a user with a trigger. After creating an account, I am getting that account Id and creating contact for that user. Here I am using Maps to do this (ContactRec.accountid=Map_Account_To_Id.get(c.Organization_Name__c);). This is working well.

But the problem is, when I click on contact Name to view, its redirecting to accounts page. I am unable to view the contact.

How to avoid this. Please help me.

Thanks

HI every one,

I have csv records import functionality in my application. While importing records I am getting this visualforce error.

System.LimitException: CnP:Too many SOQL queries: 101

Trigger.CnP.addCorresCont: line 30, column 34

Can any one please let me know how to handle governor limits so that my import functionality  may work well. 

HI Every one,

I need some help with non profit starter pack(NPSP). How to use households in NPSP. 

When I create a contact, I am able to see this contact in households too. For every new contact new household is creating. But how to group the contacts in households.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI,

How to modify installers accounts page lay out(add a Related List block) with our appexhange application.

Please provide some information.

Thanks,

Naresh.B

HI Every one,

How to customize a standard object(Contact). I want to show my own table in every contact page and I want to display desired information in that table related to that user. I want to display this information with apex class and visualforce page.

Firstly is it possible. If possible how to achieve that. Please provide me some information.

Thanks,

Naresh.B

I renamed standard tab Opportunities as Donations through Rename Tabs and Labels link in the App Setup .I created one app through  App Setup->Create->Apps. 

The problem is here I am seeing Opportunities  tab only, But not Donations tab. How can I add renamed standard tab to the application(Apps).

Please help me.

Thanks,

Naresh.B

HI every one,

First sorry to post this question here.But please bare with me.

I am interested to start my own business with salesforce. Can any one provide me some basic information regarding following queries.

1. I know how to develop a appexchange application and list it in salesforce. I have professional experience in apex and salesforce.But how to find good requirements in demand in salesforce to do a appexchange application.

2.How to find some real work in salesforce. I mean how to find salesforce clients and projects So that I can work on my own projects.

3.Is there any helping groups available on starting business with salesforce. Please let me know.

Please provide me some basic information 

Thanks in advance,

Naresh 

HI Every one,

I want to develop a payment processing application in salesforce with paypal.I need to process the payment and need to get the status of the payment(success or failure). But I am unable to find any information regarding this. I don't know how to start this application. Can any one help me with this requirement.

Thanks,

Naresh.B

HI Every body,

I found Organization ID in 'Company Information menu, Its has 15 digits. But the problem is, I need to use this ID in a visualforce page, there its working with 18 digit ID only.

salesforce is adding 3 more digits, after 15 digits. I found this 18 digit ID, "View Page Source"  option in the browser.

Why salesforce is adding 3 more digits to my Organization ID. How to find this 18 digit ID in the salesaforce.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Naresh.B

I created a visualforce page wizard with 3 visualforce pages.That means user first fills the first visualforce page and after that he clicks on next then he fills next visualforce page after that he clicks on next then he fills third visualforce page now he saves the form.

My problem is, when user fills the first visualforce page and when he clicks on next, then the whole page is reloading. I want to reload only page part.

Can any one please help me in doing this.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI every body,

I have  

<apex:inputfield value="{!Eventinfo_startDT.Start_date_and_time__c}" id="Eventinfo_StartDTTest"/>  this line in my visualforce page. The value in inputfield tag is datetime datatype. 
    Before, when I click in the textbox, calendar was appearing to select the date. But now when I click in the textbox calendar is not coming. I think there is some issue in it.
   I spend a lot of time to resolve the issue, but unable to resolve. Can some body please help me regarding this.
Thanks,
Naresh

HI every one,

If you have any related information for the following requirment please let me know. My requirement is, 

admin has to create unlimited fields(Unlimited means more in number), for the users to enter the data. And also I need to save that data in salesforce.

thanks

naresh

HI every one,

I created a visualforce email template in salesforce. After that I created a visualforce page, and I added a text area field in that visualforce page. Is it possible to call  that visualforce email template in to this text area. And I want to send the email when I click send button. 

Please provide me some info regarding this.If you need more information please let me know that.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI, I made a managed package and uploaded it to appexchange.I upgraded it many times.Yesterday evening(at 1 st March 2011, 6 pm Indian time) also I upgraded the managed package with a bug fix. I am able to install the package in a developer edition successfully. But while I was installing the same package in enterprise edition, I got this error 

"Package Not Found 
The requested package does not exist or has been deleted. Please contact the package publisher for assistance. If this is a recently uploaded package, please try again soon. " 

After that I tried many times, I got the same error. After 20 hrs also I am getting the same error. 

Another thing is, now I am unable to install the same package in developer edition also. Because I am getting the same error.But I was installed the same package successfully once yesterday. 

Please help me. I am unable to find any info related to this.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI every one,

Is there any way to read fiscal year month in apex code.What I mean is, I will set fiscal year starting month in COMPANY PROFILE->FISCAL YEAR.How I can get this value in apex code.

Is there any easy method.Please let me know.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI every one,

When I changed the Time Zone in Personal Information of my salesforce account, I am able to see the date, time change in the records of Custom objects correctly. But when I am working on SOQL queries(On custom object records) ,I am unable to get modified date,time values. But its taking original date,time values only, 

How to rectify this problem, so that modified date,time values may work in soql queries also.

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Thanks in advance,

Naresh

HI every one,

How to get current fiscal year into a variable. Is there any method to read current fiscal year. I know how to write soql queries based on fiscal year. But how to get the value of current fiscal year into a variable.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI every one,

I have csv records import functionality in my application. While importing records I am getting this visualforce error.

System.LimitException: CnP:Too many SOQL queries: 101

Trigger.CnP.addCorresCont: line 30, column 34

Can any one please let me know how to handle governor limits so that my import functionality  may work well. 

HI Every one,

I need some help with non profit starter pack(NPSP). How to use households in NPSP. 

When I create a contact, I am able to see this contact in households too. For every new contact new household is creating. But how to group the contacts in households.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI Every one,

How to customize a standard object(Contact). I want to show my own table in every contact page and I want to display desired information in that table related to that user. I want to display this information with apex class and visualforce page.

Firstly is it possible. If possible how to achieve that. Please provide me some information.

Thanks,

Naresh.B

I renamed standard tab Opportunities as Donations through Rename Tabs and Labels link in the App Setup .I created one app through  App Setup->Create->Apps. 

The problem is here I am seeing Opportunities  tab only, But not Donations tab. How can I add renamed standard tab to the application(Apps).

Please help me.

Thanks,

Naresh.B

HI Every one,

I created few dashboards for my salesforce application. I want to make one of these dashboards as default. When user clicks on 'Dashboards' tab, default dashboards should open.

Can any one please help me, in configuring this requirement.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI,

I created a managed package, and tried to install in a developer account for testing. But I am unable to install the package. I got bellow error.

"Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1960914926-8885 (595483773)".

How to resolve this issue. I am successfully uploaded my application to appexchange, but unable to install it.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Naresh