• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

This is my SQL statement

qr = binding.query("Select Account.Name, FirstName from Contact")

I can read FirstName

getFieldValue("FirstName", con.Any)

But the Account element only shows Account not Account.Name.

How do I read Account.Name in VB?

I have asked three questions on these forums over the past few weeks and I have not received any responses. I feel like I am wasting my time here

Is there paid support for developers? I am willing to pay.

Is there an Apex example that shows how to create a custom text field?

The one given in the vb sample gives an error 

Can not specify 'precision​' for CustomFiel​d of text Type

No precision is specified.

I am following the vb sample to create a custom field and I get the following error

null: Can not specify 'precision' for CustomField of text Type

I saw two other threads but no resolution. Precision is not being set, it shows as 0 in debug mode.

Can we get sample code to create a custom field in vb.net?

I looked but cannot find the following:

1. When I log into Sales Force is there a startup event? Something I can run when someone logs in? Or maybe a click event on one of the tabs?

2. Create event when someone creates an item such as a task or email? I see the workflow but was not sure if it can be triggered on a new item event instead of a field event.

These seem like quite basic tasks so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I have about 50 users on a single Exchange 2003 server.  All of the users use Salesforce and we have been scrappign along with the provided SF Outlook integration.

Rather than upgrade our Exchange environment (hardware, software, licensing, pain, time, etc), we've began exploring hosted mail options like Google's Business email. 

Whichever service is used, integration is our SF environment (Unlimited Ed.) is essential.

Has anyone else made a plunge like this? 

I'll probably install VCS Smart Email for Enterprise & Unlimited Edition in a sandbox today, but I was just curious if any other members of the community have done anythign similar.

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016ciJEAQ

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

We are attempting to install Salesforce on Citrix. It would be very much appreciated if anyone can respond with steps taken to set this up on Citrix. I understand this isn't supported by Salesforce but this functionality is critical for our business.

best regards,

David

This is my SQL statement

qr = binding.query("Select Account.Name, FirstName from Contact")

I can read FirstName

getFieldValue("FirstName", con.Any)

But the Account element only shows Account not Account.Name.

How do I read Account.Name in VB?

We're using Exchange server and Mac machines with iCal and Mail applications.

Problem: How to sync salesforce calendar with Exhcange/iCal calendar?
Thanks!

• December 14, 2010

I have asked three questions on these forums over the past few weeks and I have not received any responses. I feel like I am wasting my time here

Is there paid support for developers? I am willing to pay.

Is there an Apex example that shows how to create a custom text field?

The one given in the vb sample gives an error 

Can not specify 'precision​' for CustomFiel​d of text Type

No precision is specified.

I am following the vb sample to create a custom field and I get the following error

null: Can not specify 'precision' for CustomField of text Type

I saw two other threads but no resolution. Precision is not being set, it shows as 0 in debug mode.

Can we get sample code to create a custom field in vb.net?

Is anyone else having a problem with the outlook 2010 (Salesforce to Outlook) addin? I installed it on a new machine Window 7 32bit, with office 2010. It works well, but after a while, it just freezes my outlook program ( "Not Responding"). When i disable to addin, Day 2, I have experienced no Outlook crashes.

I'm getting ready to rollout Salesforce for Outlook to our users but I'm a little confused.  Our users like to use the email to case feature of the old Outlook Connect product yet the new improved Salesforce for Outlook doesn't support this, nor does it support syncing of tasks.

When I initially read about the new product, I thought it was a replacement/improvement for the old one, but now I'm not so sure.  Can it work side by side with the old product? And if not, when will it support all of the functionality of Outlook Connect.

Thanks,

David

Hi all,

I frequently get following error message after Outlook crashes:

"Outlook has experienced a serious error with the 'Salesforce.com outlook edition enhanced' add-in.  If you have seen this message multiple times you should disable the add-in and check to see if an update is available.  Do you want to disable this add-in?"

Sometimes Outlook will disable the add-in on it's own, removing the toolbar.  I've re-installed the add-in a few times, but the issue always returns.  I'm running on Office 07 and Vista.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Casey

I know that there is a plugin (Connect for Microsoft Outlook) to synchronize SalesForce.com with Outlook.

In our case, people don't have Outlook on their desktop. They are mainly using OWA.
Therefore I think I need something
to synchronize SalesForce.com with their account in Microsoft Exchange.

Is it something possible with the current version ?

Thanks

Gaston

• September 04, 2010

Is there any info on when support for 64 Bit Windows 7 might be available?  I am stuck with 2 laptops with 64 Bit and now can't use the Outlook pluging.

Dear Community, 

We are proud to announce our new Salesforce Extension "ExchangeForce", synchronizing your Salesforce database with your Microsoft Exchange Server (2003 and 2007). 

Please find more information here: http://www.go-mobile.at/Salesforce-Addon-ExchangeForce.66.0.html 

Trial installations are available on request to management@go-mobile.at 
Best Regards, 
Florian Treml

All,

I was able to use the salesforce-outlook add-in to send an email using my outlook inbox and at the same time logged the activity in salesforce. However, I would also like to log the email when the customer reply to my initial email. Another word, I would like to automatically store the reply email from customer in salesforce.

Is anyone worked in the same case in the past?

Thanks.

I'm looking to add all the emails my company sends through our excahnge server into Salesforce, if the TO email address matches an existing contact or lead record in Salesforce.  Is there anything out there that I can hook into my exchange server to accomplish this?

All my users have refused to use the standard salesforce Outlook integration claiming that it slows them down to much.

Hi,

Im trying to create a TEXT field on a custom object using the metaData API.

It keeps failing stating that im trying to specify precision for a text field but I'm not.

Can anybody help?

Here is my code

private void createCustomField(CustomObject cObj)

{

//Verify that we are already authenticated, if not

//call the login function to do so

if (!loggedIn)

{

if (!login())

return;

}

try

{

string fieldName = "NewField";

CustomField cf = new CustomField();

cf.description = "Test Field";

cf.fullName = cObj.fullName + "." + fieldName + "__c";

cf.label = fieldName.ToString();

cf.type = FieldType.Text;

cf.length = 250;

MetadataService mBinding = new MetadataService();

mBinding.SessionHeaderValue = new basicSample_cs.apexMetadata.SessionHeader();

mBinding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = binding.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId;

mBinding.Url = binding.Url.Replace(@"/c/", @"/m/");

AsyncResult asyncResult = mBinding.create(new Metadata[] { cf })[0];

while (asyncResult.state == AsyncRequestState.InProgress)

{

Thread.Sleep(asyncResult.secondsToWait * 1000);

Console.WriteLine("Checking status...\n\tState:" + asyncResult.state + "\n\tStatus: " + asyncResult.statusCode + "\n\tSeconds to wait: " + asyncResult.secondsToWait);

asyncResult = mBinding.checkStatus(new String[] { asyncResult.id })[0];

}

if (asyncResult.state == AsyncRequestState.Completed)

{

Console.Write("Custom field has been created.");

Console.ReadLine();

}

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

Console.WriteLine("\nFailed to create object: \n"

+ ex.Message);

Console.WriteLine("\nHit return to continue...");

Console.ReadLine();

}