• Cognizant Technology Solutions

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Experts,

apex data loader is not updating field with formula.

Can't we update those fields?

Regards

Anupam

Hi All,

can i use an apex component in opportunity standard page?

My problem is, I want to show an HTML Markup in readonly format in Opportunity page layout, not able to find any solution on this.

Please guide

Thanks

Hello,

I feel pretty dumb asking all the bright minds on this forum this silly question but here goes. 

I can't figure out why some users get the option to choose a record type upon case creation while others go straight to the default. I know I'm missing something really basic. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• August 02, 2012

I have tried adding a string with both a \n and <br>.

The \n does do a line return in the source

and the <br> displays <br> instead if do a br

How can I get it to not encode the <br>

Hi All,

I have a strange issue. I have a SOQL query which is returning a single row of data if I run the query in the Salesforce Schema in Eclipse, but it is not returning any rows if I run the Query in the Apex class. I am not getting any rows and I get the exception:

System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject.

Select Name, Id, BigMachines_Quote__r.Is_Primary__c, BigMachines_Quote__r.Id,q.BigMachines_Quote__c From Quote_Product__c q  where id='a2p50000000kDl4' 

Here BigMachines_Quote__c is the MAster and Quote_Product__c is teh child object. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Note: (I donot have the keyword with Sharing and the class is being executed in sytem mode, the reason for hardcoding the id is just  for testing purposes)

Thanks

Hai All,

How to restrict the convert lead after click on convert button in lead (Sobject)

suppose if status picklist contains "Approved"

Need: I have to restrict to convert lead if Lead status is not "Approved" and to show message "Can not to convert".

and then if lead status is "Approved" and now to make a field as required(i.e for particular field data must.),then to convert.

Can anyone suggest me how to do this.. 

I am using renderas attribute for displaying records in PDF format  like below format but some records are  split  into 2 pages in pdf .Now I want to set  no.of records  5 to each PDF page .How can I do that. 

any one help me please..........

Mr.Andy {Young
1301 Hoch Drive
Lawrence AndhraPradesh 66045
USA
Phone: (785) 241-6200

Mr.vissu
1301 Hoch Drive
Lawrence AndhraPradesh 66045
USA
Phone: (785) 241-6200

I'am able to sort my list with .sort() it is a string field but the results are

TTO

I need it to be

TTO

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi I am having a custom button"Convert", I need to disable this button once it has clicked. Kindly anyone tell how resolve this either by apex code & Visualforce code. Kindly reply me to resolve this issue.

Thanks ,

Regards,

Lavanya.

hi,

can any one tell me that how can JSON data Converts in to our salesforce record 

I want to get pdf file content as string in apex, currently i don't see any option? how do I get raw pdf back with all formats like '%PDF', "%%EOF", "trailer"

All the pdf data i'm getting from content, document, visulaforce render as pdf are mostly blob or base64 format, but when i try to convert them into string using encoding util class, i can't able to get the raw pdf file as i epxect,

any help?

Thanks

Ram

• August 05, 2012

Hi,

Is there any way to add dynamic charts in PDF?

Or is there any way to save chart as image, i have checked all major chart library but those are rendered using js. Please let me know if any one have any idea about this.

1 that i know is google image chart API, but it is Deprecated. So is there any alternative for this?

Thanks,

Hemant

I'm new to Visualforce, but was given a fully running web site to maintain. I'm trying to make a small change to a visualforce page that  produces a PDF. I understood all the formatting language, but I'm stuck on this line (See red lines below). 

<apex:repeat var="cgs12" value="{!Clinical_Goals}">
<apex:actionRegion rendered="{!IF(AND(cgs12.Therapy_Type__c = 'Speech Therapy', cgs12.RecordType.Name = 'Summary of Outcomes From Previous IP Period'),True,False)}">
<h2>Speech Therapy - {!cgs12.Owner.Name}</h2>
<table cellpadding="10" width="99%" border="1">
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#ffffff" style="color:#000000">{!cgs12.RecordType.Name} ({!cgs12.IP_Period_Start__c}) </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#ffffff" style="color:#000000">{!cgs12.RecordType.Name} ({!cgs12.IP_PERIOD_END__c}) </td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#ffffff" style="color:#000000"> <p>{!cgs12.Description__c}</p> </td>
</tr>
</table><p></p><p></p>
</apex:actionRegion>
</apex:repeat>

The line orignally looked like this:

<tr>
<td bgcolor="#ffffff" style="color:#000000">{!cgs12.RecordType.Name} ({!cgs12.IP_Period__c}) </td>
</tr>

The trouble was that it was a picklist and I needed to change it to a start date and end date. But now the dates don't show up on the PDF. What am I doing wrong?

Ran a Debug Log this is the result:

21.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG;APEX_PROFILING,INFO;CALLOUT,INFO;DB,INFO;SYSTEM,DEBUG;VALIDATION,INFO;VISUALFORCE,INFO;WORKFLOW,INFO
11:52:15.032 (32506000)|EXECUTION_STARTED
11:52:15.032 (32551000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|066F0000001TbyJ|VF: /apex/clinical_goalsM1
11:52:15.866 (250054000)|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE
11:52:15.866|LIMIT_USAGE_FOR_NS|(default)|
  Number of SOQL queries: 0 out of 100
  Number of query rows: 4 out of 50000
  Number of SOSL queries: 0 out of 20
  Number of DML statements: 0 out of 150
  Number of DML rows: 0 out of 10000
  Number of script statements: 0 out of 200000
  Maximum heap size: 0 out of 6000000
  Number of callouts: 0 out of 10
  Number of Email Invocations: 0 out of 10
  Number of fields describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of record type describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of child relationships describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of picklist describes: 0 out of 100
  Number of future calls: 0 out of 10

11:52:15.866|CUMULATIVE_LIMIT_USAGE_END

11:52:15.250 (250099000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|VF: /apex/clinical_goalsM1
11:52:15.250 (250110000)|EXECUTION_FINISHED

Hi Experts,

apex data loader is not updating field with formula.

Can't we update those fields?

Regards

Anupam

Hi,

HOW to Merge two Accounts in salesforce.

any body can help in this...  please provid links to understad at least

HI Everybody,

I have a new requirement in my project. My requirement is I want to customize related list.For a custom object we will have a page layout.In that page layout I can add related lists.If I drag and drop this related list in layout I can see this in detail page of record of that custom object. 

Now how can I get the fields of that related list in apex code. If I get these fields in apex code, I can display them in visualforce in a very customized way.

If you need any more information please let me know.

Kindly help me.

Thanks,

Naresh B

Hi,

How can we use this code in visualforce page

<script charset="utf-8" src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script>
<script>
new TWTR.Widget({
version: 2,
type: 'profile',
rpp: 30,
interval: 30000,
width: 'auto',
height: 300,
theme: {
shell: {
background: '#333333',
color: '#ffffff'
},
tweets: {
background: '#000000',
color: '#ffffff',
links: '#4aed05'
}
},
features: {
scrollbar: true,
loop: false,
live: false,
behavior: 'all'
}
}).render().setUser('Venkatareddymv').start();
</script>

hi everyone

i have one field Approved data which is textarea..i need it readonly .for that purpose i make it readonly under security control--> feild accessabilty as well as in page layout but even though it not become read only also in profile it is readable..

please help me 

thanks

Hello,

I need to Prevent duplicate lead on Email address and need to update count on Lead.(i.e. a duplicate lead comes 4 time then only first should be inserted and first lead reacord there are a custome field Name Duplicate Count it should be 4.

Means We need to update Lead when we throw the error from lead Trigger.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi All,

can i use an apex component in opportunity standard page?

My problem is, I want to show an HTML Markup in readonly format in Opportunity page layout, not able to find any solution on this.

Please guide

Thanks

Hello There,

I need to pull the case records in soql query, but i am getting more than 50,000 records in a list.

So here it is saying limit exceeds.

Can we break a list based on limit variable? if we can any one suggest me how to do this.

If anyone is having sample code  please share with me .

Thank you,

Hi

I have a pageblock table on a Vf page with a scrollbar.

please anybody can help me to fix the header.

I know it is possible through java script. So if anybody  can share the javescript with me?

Hi all

I have used a pageblocktable in my visualforce page and applied a scrollbar for that by using ouputpanel styleClass but this applies a scroll for the entire table where as i whant to freeze my table header and apply scroll for only the data part how can i do that.

here is my code:

<apex:page Controller="mycontroller">
<style>
.container
{
   overflow:auto;  
   height:50px;  
   align:bottom;
}
</style>
     <apex:form >
        <apex:pageBlock title="My Content" mode="edit">
           <apex:pageBlockSection title="My Content Section" columns="1"   > 
               <apex:outputPanel layout="block" styleClass="container"  >           
                <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!temp}" var="item" align="top" width="100%" columns="10" >
                    <apex:column value="{!item.password__c}" ></apex:column>
                    <apex:column value="{!item.password__c}"></apex:column>  
                </apex:pageBlockTable>
             </apex:outputPanel>           
            </apex:pageBlockSection>
         </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

• September 21, 2010