• Senior Product Manager
  • Salesforce

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Ever since I updated Eclipse I can no longer connection to production.  Password and security token are correct and work with apex data loader.

But getting this error when attempting to deploy to server from Eclipse.  Before updating to the latest Force.com IDE I was able to connect.

User-added image

How do you fix this?

I receieved a question via email which I'll repost here, and answer:

Hi Greg,

I'm trying to interpret the Force.com Streaming API limits noted in the documentation. These are my questions:

1. "Maximum Number of Topics: 20" - is that referring to the total number of PushTopic records? Is that limit per user or per org?

2. "Maximum number of clients (subscribers) per topic: 10" - does that mean if I build a VF page that allows users to select streams to "follow" and deploy that into an org with 100 users, only 10 of them can subscribe to the same topic? Is that limit of 10 at any given moment, or is there a duration for which a subscription lives and "blocks" other subscribers?

• February 27, 2012
Ever since I updated Eclipse I can no longer connection to production.  Password and security token are correct and work with apex data loader.

But getting this error when attempting to deploy to server from Eclipse.  Before updating to the latest Force.com IDE I was able to connect.

User-added image

How do you fix this?
Hi all,

I saw that El Capitan was not on the list of supported platforms for the Force.com IDE and before I go stomping on my brand-new Mac, I was just wondering if there was  FAQ, or if there were some things some people could share.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Hi All,

I would like to know if there is a way to see the code of Managed Apex classes from Installed Packages,i mean i am not able to see the code of the Apex classes and also not able to see the code of components.

Please help...

I'm trying to contact the salesforce api from my rails app. I use omniauth-salesforce gem for oauth.

As mentioned in the REST API documentation, I have setup a remote access provider in "Setup". This asks me for a static callback URL. But the issue with my system, each user of my app gets a different domain. So, I cannot set a constant callback url like "user1.demoapp.com". I will have basically 100 domains for 100 users. So, is it possible to override this callback URL from my rails app? Please let me know.

so, my app is working.. but I notice that sometimes after receiving the event, I add some more code and recycle the app,

and I get a recurrance of the event that just processed.

If I wait 3-5 minutes (not tracking time really), then I don't get a recurrance.

is there an event lifetime I need to think about?

• March 02, 2012

Hello,

I'm trialling SaleForce for our company (specifically synching data via the API)... and in doing so am changing schema quite a bit.

At the moment, I'm having to manually log in and regenerate schema each time (and then have an automated process to convert this into C#)

I would like to automate the refresh of schema.... however, I cannot see how to authenicate programmatically to the page https://eu1.salesforce.com/soap/wsdl.jsp?type=*

I'm probably missing something obvious - can someone help?

Regards,

Mark.

Hi,

I am trying to build an app on .NET that uses the Streaming API and sends the notifications down to .NET Client. I am not sure i there is a Bayeux services references that can be used in .NET for this work.

Can anyone post any thoughts?

I receieved a question via email which I'll repost here, and answer:

Hi Greg,

I'm trying to interpret the Force.com Streaming API limits noted in the documentation. These are my questions:

1. "Maximum Number of Topics: 20" - is that referring to the total number of PushTopic records? Is that limit per user or per org?

2. "Maximum number of clients (subscribers) per topic: 10" - does that mean if I build a VF page that allows users to select streams to "follow" and deploy that into an org with 100 users, only 10 of them can subscribe to the same topic? Is that limit of 10 at any given moment, or is there a duration for which a subscription lives and "blocks" other subscribers?

• February 27, 2012

Hi,

I want to generate an Enterprise WSDL file excluding one custom object.

We need to exclude one cutom object for security reason. Is there any way to do this?

Regards,

Nilesh.

Has anyone been able to get the streaming API to work with PHP? 

• February 19, 2012

I was trying to get idea about streaming APIs. Trying the example given on following salesforce wiki page. 

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Getting_Started_with_the_Force.com_Streaming_API

but its not working . On  using JS console on chrome- getting following error : 

"Appending message type to URI /cometd/23.0/ is not supported, disabling 'appendMessageTypeToURL' configuration"

Please let me know , if anyone has any idea about it. I've tried to take care all things mentioned in following post. 

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Streaming-API-Developer-Preview/Error-trying-to-do-the-Visualforce-sample-of-Streaming-Api/td-p/349157

thanks !!

Hello,

How can use Rest API in my Salesforce Account....

Please anybody help me..............

I want to connect  with Java environment....................

And I Installed one Package called "Rest Explorer"  How can I Use that...........

Please give me a Quick Response

thanks

• March 29, 2011

We are developing a php/ html5/css3 application running on our own LAMP server.

At this point we would like to be able to connect the mysq database php app on our web server to SF. 

Our intention is to have our contacts utilize the php app and portal running on our server and then use the REST API to sync contact data with SF so that we can utilize the CRM functionality.

Is this possible and if so could you suggest the best method to accomplish this?

Thanks,

David

HI,

Is it possible to use the new REST API from a standalone java application?

The example used on the site refers to a web app. 

Also can we use this REST api from a J2ME enabled phone?

Thanks

-Kedar

Hi.

You know, how I could connect to Salesforce but using javascripts. My goal is to create a gadget from the test mashup platform (EZWEB, http://ezweb.tid.es), to obtain records from Salesforce Account table.

I actually managed to run the sample test java REST API. But I still do not work using javascripts, still relied upon the comments of the community of Rest API Integration.

I appreciate any help.

Greetings

I am writing some APEX callouts to call webservice on our company network,  I want to restrict access to these webservice only allow the Salesforce IP address, but I can't find the IP address ranges I should use.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks