• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When I set up the home page layout for my customer portal home page, I de-select all the narrow components because I do not want to show any of them to my customers.  When I log in as a customer and land on the customer portal’s home page, I can see components in the wide column.  However, the narrow column is still displayed as an empty column.  Is it possible to hide the empty narrow column entirely so that the wide column can occupy the full width of the home page?

Thanks

Danny

When I set up the home page layout for my customer portal home page, I deselect all the narrow components because I do not want to display any of them to my customers.  However, when I log in as a customer and land on the customer portal’s home page, I can see components in the wide column.  However, the narrow column is still displayed as an empty column.  Is it possible to hide the empty narrow column entirely so that the wide column can occupies the whole width of the home page?

Thanks

Danny

I am building a financial service application using native Force.com.  The application will serve more than 1000 customers and it has to generate monthly statements for the customers.  I plan to use VisualForce page to build the monthly statement as a PDF page, one for each customer.  For the sake of operation efficiency, I have to build a process which allows user to generate the monthly statements for the 1000+ customers in a single request instead of opening the VisualForce PDF page one by one manually.

In summary, the process I need to build should allow user to:

1. Generate the monthly statements for 1000+ customers in a single request.
  2. Export the generated monthly statements to user’s desktop computer for subsequent printing.

Could anyone help to advise how can I achieve it using Force.com?

Thanks and best regards

Danny Leung

Hi,

I got the error 'Invalid argument type for function datevalue()' when I include the markup tag <apex:column value="{!datevalue(mt.createdDate)}"/>  where mt is a custom object.

To my understanding, createdDate is a system datetime field.  Do anyone know why it is an invalid argument type for datevalue()?

Thanks

Danny

When I set up the home page layout for my customer portal home page, I de-select all the narrow components because I do not want to show any of them to my customers.  When I log in as a customer and land on the customer portal’s home page, I can see components in the wide column.  However, the narrow column is still displayed as an empty column.  Is it possible to hide the empty narrow column entirely so that the wide column can occupy the full width of the home page?

Thanks

Danny

I am building a financial service application using native Force.com.  The application will serve more than 1000 customers and it has to generate monthly statements for the customers.  I plan to use VisualForce page to build the monthly statement as a PDF page, one for each customer.  For the sake of operation efficiency, I have to build a process which allows user to generate the monthly statements for the 1000+ customers in a single request instead of opening the VisualForce PDF page one by one manually.

In summary, the process I need to build should allow user to:

1. Generate the monthly statements for 1000+ customers in a single request.
  2. Export the generated monthly statements to user’s desktop computer for subsequent printing.

Could anyone help to advise how can I achieve it using Force.com?

Thanks and best regards

Danny Leung

Hi,

I got the error 'Invalid argument type for function datevalue()' when I include the markup tag <apex:column value="{!datevalue(mt.createdDate)}"/>  where mt is a custom object.

To my understanding, createdDate is a system datetime field.  Do anyone know why it is an invalid argument type for datevalue()?

Thanks

Danny

Hi,

I've setup a page that allows a user to download a link that is an attachment to an account. The problem is that file is accesable to the guest user but when the portal user logs in and tries to download the file they receive an authorization required message.

The portal user has a High Volume Portal license and I've made sure that the profile has read access to the account object as well as the document object. How do I enable file access for High Volume Portal users. It seems ridiculous that the guest users can have higher levels of access then authenticated users.

Thanks!

Scott

• September 01, 2010