• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I recall something along time ago were you could stop the deleting of a record if it has children (in a master or lookup relationship).

The method used validation rules instead of a trigger. 

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

• October 01, 2013

Is there anyway to get to the old developer console anymore?

The new one for simple things just straight up Blows Goats. It never works in Chrome for me have to goto Firefox, it's instanely slow and clumbsy. It's slowing down my development and I'm going to throw the monitor I keep it on out the window. 

Thanks!

• March 06, 2013

I have the most basic of components and want to use an attribute in a formula. But if i do i get a "Error: Unknown property 'IF(state=='Y', true, false)'"

<apex:component>
<apex:attribute name="state" description="The object" type="string" required="true" />
<apex:inputCheckbox value="{!IF(state=='Y', true, false)}" />
</apex:component>

I can use the variable "state" in the visualforce page in a formula (same exact vf cut and pasted into a component) and it works fine

• February 26, 2013

When an VisualForce AJAX (apex:actionFunction) is invovked does the controller remain in state?

Example: Controller is initialized and an sObject is retrieved and saved on a class variable called "obj" . The actionFunction is invoked, would the sObject still be available in the class variable "obj'? 

I ran some tests and obj is null but I would figure that it would still be set?

Thanks

• February 26, 2013

I'm going for a checkbox with an option to the right of it to indicate that it's N/A or Not applicable for this Opportunity.

Q: Is there a component out there or examples of this already

Q: There are several ways to implement and would love some opinions on how you would implement.

Thanks

• February 22, 2013

how do i get salesforce to search custom fields on custom objects?

currently when i use the left hand tool bar search is shows no results on custom objects, even if i select the custom object from the drop down. i was under the impression salesforce automatically will handle this. So either there is an issue or there is a configuration setting i have to set. 

thanks

• May 03, 2012

when sending out emails directly from Salesforce email clients show a "via wys4lvupfjya7jc3.a082l.6jhneea4.6.bnc.salesforce.com"  or "on behalf of". Image below is an example of what is looks like in Gmail.

We've tried

• SPF records to include the Salesforce domain but no go
       - apparently you have to specify the envelope-from email address. And salesforce uses theirs not your email
  • Open Relay feature in Salesforce but we use Google Apps and open relay is not allowed
  • Tried Apex code & using org wide email address as From email

Anyone have a solution? We have no problem writing APEX code to solve the issue if we need to. 

• October 28, 2011

If i have a generic object returned from a function is there a APEX function to determine the type (Boolean, String, List, Set, etc) from the function?

• August 25, 2011

is it possible to do a salesforce to salesforce connection between a production org and a sandbox org?

when creating a connection from production to sandbox i've tried changing the connection link from "login.salesforce.com" to "test.salesforce.com" but i get a 

"Salesforce to Salesforce: Partner org is not active and no API calls are allowed"

But both sandbox and production are Enterprise orgs with plenty of API calls still left for the 24 hours period. i have used the api to push data into both.

• March 31, 2011

i have a managed package running in a sandbox. i know there is an error somewhere in the code but cannot identify at which point or the error since no apex error emails get sent out, and managed package errors do not show in debug logs. I've been unable to duplicate in a development or production org.

is there anyway to get the Apex Error Email or the equivilent from a managed package running in a sandbox?

thanks!

• March 22, 2011

what are the chatter limits and are there governor limit functions to retreive them?

Example is the number of entity subscriber limits of 500. Are there limit functions to get the max limit for a user and their current entity subscription count

• February 13, 2011

I have a managed package which runs fine in Winter 2011 but in the Sandbox Spring 2011 preview i receive a "Attempt to de-reference a null object" on all the visualforce pages.

The unmanaged code runs perfectly in a Spring 2011 prelease org as well which leads me to believe something has changed in how managed code runs in Spring 2011

The weird part is no debug logs get generated in the Sandbox where there are issues. Its as if the code never even gets executed.

Does anyone know of any changes Salesforce has made to how managed code runs in Spring 2011?

Anyone have any suggestions on even how to begin debugging this?

• February 07, 2011

is it possible with the PHP toolkit to do an upsert and specify external id's on lookup fields?

Example: upsert a contact and specify that the AccountId field's value is an external id value. So you would set Contact.AccountId = 'MyExternalId' and specify to use the field Account.MyId__c as the external id.

Thanks

• January 13, 2011

I created a record type for the standard Lead object. I now would like to delete it but cannot as it says the 'Standard Platform User' profile uses this record type as its default. 

The Platform based profiles do not have access to the Lead object and therefore Lead and its record types are not shown in the profile for the Standard Platform User'. So how do i remove this new record type for a Platform based profile?

• December 28, 2011

I recall something along time ago were you could stop the deleting of a record if it has children (in a master or lookup relationship).

The method used validation rules instead of a trigger. 

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

• October 01, 2013

Is there anyway to get to the old developer console anymore?

The new one for simple things just straight up Blows Goats. It never works in Chrome for me have to goto Firefox, it's instanely slow and clumbsy. It's slowing down my development and I'm going to throw the monitor I keep it on out the window. 

Thanks!

• March 06, 2013

I have the most basic of components and want to use an attribute in a formula. But if i do i get a "Error: Unknown property 'IF(state=='Y', true, false)'"

<apex:component>
<apex:attribute name="state" description="The object" type="string" required="true" />
<apex:inputCheckbox value="{!IF(state=='Y', true, false)}" />
</apex:component>

I can use the variable "state" in the visualforce page in a formula (same exact vf cut and pasted into a component) and it works fine

• February 26, 2013

I'm going for a checkbox with an option to the right of it to indicate that it's N/A or Not applicable for this Opportunity.

Q: Is there a component out there or examples of this already

Q: There are several ways to implement and would love some opinions on how you would implement.

Thanks

• February 22, 2013

is it possible to do a salesforce to salesforce connection between a production org and a sandbox org?

when creating a connection from production to sandbox i've tried changing the connection link from "login.salesforce.com" to "test.salesforce.com" but i get a 

"Salesforce to Salesforce: Partner org is not active and no API calls are allowed"

But both sandbox and production are Enterprise orgs with plenty of API calls still left for the 24 hours period. i have used the api to push data into both.

• March 31, 2011