• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I want to use the Customer Portal to allow my customers to get in touch with each other.  To do this, ideally, they log into the customer portal, and their user information is visible via list views to other customer portal users, and vice versa.  What this would essentially be is a directory of Customer Portal users that could be looked at using standard list views.

I've been doing some testing, and it seems as if Contacts are not available to be seen by other Contacts.  Since all my member information is at the Contact level, what the best way to approach this problem?

I'm guessing that I'm going to have to set up a custome object called "Portal Profile" or something liket that, which copies certain information off of the Contact record and stores it in the custom object, which I would then share in the portal.

Open to thoughts and feedback on this approach.

Hello,

Passing a variable to regular report via a custom link is easy.  Your formula would look something like this:

https://cs13.salesforce.com/00OW0000000KZf3?

pv0={!Account.Id}

Has anyone figured out how to pas the same variable to the two reports in a joined report?

To expand on my question: if you have an existing salesforce.com/force.com implementation, under what circumstances would you have a need for database.com?

I've been reading a few posts regarding database.com, and the general consensus seems to be that the only time you would use database.com is if you wanted to develop an application in another language other than force.com.  If you have an existing saleforce/force.com instance, there is little need for database.com, you would just use your existing force.com database.

Consider this use case:

You want your end users to be able to associate records in salesforce.com with records that are in a homegrown system (on top of a SQL database, lets say).  You've determined the best way to do this is to replicate all of the records in a staging database that allows for easy association to salesforce records.

Is there an advantage to setting up a database.com instance to be the staging database, as opposed to just loading them into your existing salesforce instance?  I'm thinking along the lines of mitigating space/scalability/cost concerns considering that you may get into hundreds of thousands of records in the future.

Hello,

I'm trying to create a roll-up summary field on the Account that rolls up all Closed/Won Opportunities, but only for this Year.

What I've done is create a formula on the Opportunity called "This Year?" that simply returns a 1 or a 0 if the Close Date is for this year.

IF((YEAR(CloseDate)=YEAR(TODAY())), 1, 0)

The formula works just fine.

However, when I create a Roll-up field at the Account Level, and try to filter on the "This Year?" field, it doesn't allow me to choose it as an option, why would that be?

I am trying to log into both my personal developer org, as well a client's Sandbox and getting the "INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token, or user is locked out."

In both conditions, the following is true:

1) I can log in manually (ie, my password works, no need for security token, and I'm not locked out)

2) I'm pointing the Server drop down to the correct instance in each case (prod, or sandbox)

3) I am a system administrator profile (API access is enabled)

4) my password isn't anything terribly wacky: just letters and numbers

Is there something I'm missing?

My company is working with one of its partners to integrate our Salesforce apps. I was curious if there was a way for our applications to share data or otherwise call into one another. Is this possible, or should I try to work around it with web services?

I am trying to log into both my personal developer org, as well a client's Sandbox and getting the "INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token, or user is locked out."

In both conditions, the following is true:

1) I can log in manually (ie, my password works, no need for security token, and I'm not locked out)

2) I'm pointing the Server drop down to the correct instance in each case (prod, or sandbox)

3) I am a system administrator profile (API access is enabled)

4) my password isn't anything terribly wacky: just letters and numbers

Is there something I'm missing?

Hi,

Would anyone be able to let me know the limitations (or location of a document that provides these limits) for the following items?

• Record Types
  • Page Layouts
  • Items in a Picklist
  • Formula Fields (I am aware that there is a 500 field limit per object but is there a specific limit for the number of formula fields?)
I'm sure there was a document stating this but I can't find it anywhere...
Cheers
James