• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I want to ask is it possible to check in trigger if the trigger is called from other apex class? The apex class is not future method.. I want to avoid trigger call if called from apex class only..

Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks...

Hi,

I want to ask is it possible to hide number of records value from group by section in Summary Report? I just want to show the field name in group by section and hide the record's number next to it. Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks..

Hi all,

I want to customize "Show" picklist in viewing report, so "Show" picklist only contains for example "My Opportunities", I want to remove other picklist values in "Show" picklist in viewing report... Are there any ways for my case?

Thanks..

Hi all,

I want to ask is it possible to change email sender in case notification from Email to Case?

Thanks

Hi all,

I want to ask are there any possible ways to avoid "too many future callout" limit ini apex class? My case is, a trigger is set to call future method apex class which call external web service over than 10 times in apex class..

Any suggestions would be great to avoid callout limit in apex class..

Thanks..

Hi,

I want to ask is it possible to set a format in number data type in apex class? My case is I ahve 1 field with text data type and the example of the field's value is "My budget cost: $ 12,000,000.59" without double quotes.. Are there any possible ways to input a number value with specific format? Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks..

Hi all,

I have a question, my case is I two profiles, one for Admin and other for Non Admin.

I have my page and class in Enable visualforce access & Enable apex class access in Non Admin profile.. All fields level security have been checked.. All the Custom Object Permissions hae been checked

There is a button call Visualforce page in a custom object.

For Admin profile everything works fine.

In Non Admin Profile, if View Setup and Configuration permission is checked, accessing the visualforce page works fine. If View Setup permission is unchecked, I can access to visualforce page but after I select any picklists in visualforce page -> Insufficient Privileges error message is shown

Are there any settings that need to be done? Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks

Hi all,

I want to ask how to handle ENTER event key press in visual force page? Is it possible using javascript or any suggestions? My case is I have 2 buttons in visualforce page and if I click ENTER regardless where I hit ENTER, I want my button no.2 to be run.. Is that possible?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a scheduled job which is batch apex that call external web service.. My case is I want to call external web service 10 times per batch execution where schedule run.. Example, 11 o'clock -> run batch which calling external web service 10 times, 12 o'clock -> same process and so on... Is this possible? I have done that and the result is the first batch run successfully calling web service 10 times, second batch run -> I got exception -> First error: Too many callouts: 2, third, and so on has the same error message...

For the information, I wan to call the web service to get the values returned and updated to Salesforce.com records..

Any suggestions would be great...

Thanks...

Hi,

I want to ask how to prevent this exception error ->

System.CalloutException: You have uncommitted work pending. Please commit or rollback before calling out 

My case is to insert an object and use the id of the inserted object to be sent to external web service... But I got the exception error aboved, how do I manage to prevent this problem? Any suggestions would be great..

Thanx...

Hi,

I want to ask is there any limitation for creating lookup field in 1 object? Any infromation regarding this case would be great... thanks...

• September 27, 2011

Hi,

I want to ask how to get the content file from static resource in apex class? my case is I want to get the html inside the file in html or doc format from static resource so my apex page can view the html file. Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks...

• September 22, 2011

Hi all,

I want to ask is it possible for trigger / apex class to not call validation rule? My case is, I want my validation rules to be run when only users create / update some records in the object from web ui but NOT in trigger / apex class, meaning only from trigger / apex class ignore the active validation rule. Are there any ways to achieve my goal?

Second question, is validation rule can be configured in profile? My second case is, for example the validation rule named 'checked by admin' only affected for system admin profile, the standard user profile is not affected by that validation rule.

Thanks...

• September 20, 2011

Hi,

I want to ask how to login to api using customer portal username & password? I have my customer portal' api enabled = true. If I'm using Partner user, I can login to api using partner user username & password. The login error if I'm using customer portal username is some thing like 'Invalid Login.....

Am I missing something? Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks..

• September 05, 2011

Hi,

I want to ask is it possible to sort by y-values in chart? My case is I want to sort the record count value where record count is y values... Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks..

Hi,

I just want to ask a simple question, how to rename legend label in Salesforce.com Chart ? I have a value using SUM in y-axis, and want to rename the legend's label in Chart.. Is is possible? Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks..

Hi,

I want to ask about "Show" list view in report. How do I change the list view so for my case "My opportunity" list view is the only option? Is it effected by report type? Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks...

Hi,

I want to ask about is there any ways to modify email from "Generate new password and notify user immediately" ? The case is after Reset password or checking "Generate new password and notify user immediately" for specific users, I want to send my modified email for example using email template in salesforce.com.. Are there any possibilites? any suggestions would be great..

Thanks..

Hi,

i want to ask how to create a custom link which redirect to create new case page with already populating a datetime field and record type? Any suggestions would be great.. thanks..

Hi,

I want to ask which products do I need to install so I can make a call to salesforce.com? I have the call center connector, but still not running after the installation.. Are there any softwares to make the Cisco Unified CallConnector run smoothly? Any helps would be great..

Thanks..

Hi all,

I want to ask are there any possible ways to avoid "too many future callout" limit ini apex class? My case is, a trigger is set to call future method apex class which call external web service over than 10 times in apex class..

Any suggestions would be great to avoid callout limit in apex class..

Thanks..

Hi all,

I want to ask how to handle ENTER event key press in visual force page? Is it possible using javascript or any suggestions? My case is I have 2 buttons in visualforce page and if I click ENTER regardless where I hit ENTER, I want my button no.2 to be run.. Is that possible?

Thanks

Hi,

I want to ask how to prevent this exception error ->

System.CalloutException: You have uncommitted work pending. Please commit or rollback before calling out 

My case is to insert an object and use the id of the inserted object to be sent to external web service... But I got the exception error aboved, how do I manage to prevent this problem? Any suggestions would be great..

Thanx...

Hi all,

I want to ask is it possible for trigger / apex class to not call validation rule? My case is, I want my validation rules to be run when only users create / update some records in the object from web ui but NOT in trigger / apex class, meaning only from trigger / apex class ignore the active validation rule. Are there any ways to achieve my goal?

Second question, is validation rule can be configured in profile? My second case is, for example the validation rule named 'checked by admin' only affected for system admin profile, the standard user profile is not affected by that validation rule.

Thanks...

• September 20, 2011

Hi,

I want to ask how to login to api using customer portal username & password? I have my customer portal' api enabled = true. If I'm using Partner user, I can login to api using partner user username & password. The login error if I'm using customer portal username is some thing like 'Invalid Login.....

Am I missing something? Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks..

• September 05, 2011

Hi,

I want to ask is it possible to sort by y-values in chart? My case is I want to sort the record count value where record count is y values... Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks..

Hi,

i want to ask how to create a custom link which redirect to create new case page with already populating a datetime field and record type? Any suggestions would be great.. thanks..

Hi,

I want to ask which products do I need to install so I can make a call to salesforce.com? I have the call center connector, but still not running after the installation.. Are there any softwares to make the Cisco Unified CallConnector run smoothly? Any helps would be great..

Thanks..

Hi.

I want to ask how to create a test method for apex batch where there is method calling external web service? the external web service is created from generate apex from wsdl.. Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks..

Hi,

I want to ask about upload attachment using data loader with schedule. I have mapped Id, ParentId, Name, Body.. If using data loader program, the result is  a success but if using command line prompt or schedule with bat file, there is an error: Field mapping is invalid: Body => Body

Is it has different mapping ? Anyway my Body field in csv file contains full path of the file, example: D:\test.jpg

Any suggestions would be great.. thanks..

Hi,

I want to ask about why my portal users don't get prompt page to input a new password after the admin create new portal user with "generate new password..." checked.. The admin needs to reset the portal user's password so portal user can input new password.. I want my portal user can input his/her new password after the admin generate password for the first time.. any suggestions would be great..

Thanks...

Hi,

I want to ask are there configurations to remove or hide the sidebar on all tabs in Customer Portal? What I can do is to remove sidebar in Home tab but other tabs still show the sidebar.. Or if not possible, I want to remove or hide like Recent Items box.. Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks..

Hi,

I want to ask about are there any ways in report to show contacts this month birthday? Is there any settings in timeframe or something needed to solve my case? any suggestions would be great.. thanks..

Hi,

I want ask about force.com site using login page.. I have configured the site as below:

1. set "Active Site Home Page" field with for example calendar page

2. Not included the calendar page into "Site Visualforce Pages" section

3. Set error condition "Authorization Required Page (401)" in "Error Pages" section with Login page

4. I enabled login access on force.com site

The result is the Login page always skipped and redirect to calendar page. Are there any settings I should worried about? Any suggestions and helps would be great..

Thanks..

Hi,

I want to ask about is that possible to make system admin can't edit the locked record caused by Approval process? My case is, I want the system admin users can't edit the locked record from web and/ or via API.. are there any ways to solve my case? any suggestions would be great, thanks...

regards,

Edwin

Hi,

I want to ask a question about stopping scheduled jobs in apex because in UI, it returns error with the message something about the job name is over 64 characters. I've used "system.abortJob" method to stop the schedule process but it doesn't work.. The job is still visible in my Scheduled Jobs.. I can't delete it because the job name is too long.. I need to delete it so I can update my apex code, need help on this.. Any suggestions would be great..

Thankss

I ran into a problem last week when I was putting the finishing touches on a Schedulable Apex class, and I thought I'd pass the information along.  For those of you familiar with CronTrigger and System.abortJob(), you need not read further.

I had scheduled the job to run in the sandbox, and since the Client was also doing some testing I wanted to have as little downtime as possible while I made my updates.  My class names were fine, but I thought that the scheduled job's name could be more descriptive.  I deleted the job, saved my class changes and re-scheduled the job, unfortunately including an illegal/invalid character (' > ', in this case) in the job name.  The schedule took and the processing was fine, but when I tried to make a subsequent change to the class I couldn't delete the job!

Instead, I was getting an error related to 'page unavailable' and what appeared to be a reference to the job name having too many characters.

The upshot was that neither the Manage nor Delete links worked for the Scheduled Job, which meant that I could not save my changes because the batch was still running. It was time to delve into CronTrigger to delete the process from under the hood.

Using the schema query tool we were able to identify the job that was running (there was only one, and we could compare to the name listed under 'Monitoring / Scheduled Jobs')

Select c.State, c.StartTime, c.NextFireTime, c.Id, c.CronExpression, c.CreatedDate From CronTrigger c where ownerid = '<your user id, presumably>'

With the Id from our query, we could then run

System.abortJob(<jobId>);

and delete the process.

Just remember, Don' Panic (and always carry a towel.)