• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

It's great that update is now in the API for KnowledgeArticleVersion - draft articles (thanks Francois!)

But I am struggling to get it to work.  Does anyone have some sample code?  I need to update custom fields on an article.

Thanks

John

• February 16, 2012

I'm trying to embed an iFrame in a VisualForce page for a Google Maps mashup.  For some reason anything from google.com is not displaying.  Any other domain seems ok.  The code below is a simplified version.  I'd be very grateful for any advice, thanks, John

<apex:page>

<!-- this works-->
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"
src="http://www.bing.com">
</iframe><br />

<!-- this doesn't work-->
<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"
src="http://www.google.com">
</iframe><br />

</apex:page>

• January 11, 2012

Hi, I really like the Milestones PM app.  One thing I would like to know is how you created a Master Detail relationship between Times and Tasks.  When I have tried to do this for other objects (where Task is the master) it doesn't come up in the list of objects that can be selected.  Is there some trickery involved here?  Thanks, John

• February 24, 2011

I've been playing with the new Flow Designer tool and trying to create a simple flow to create a contact by:

1) Capturing contact details in a form

2) Using a 'Data Update' shape to insert a contact (assigning the values from (1))

It validates ok but when I run it, I get a message "Flow Error: Something has gone wrong in your flow.  Please use the validation tab to test it"

So is there a way to get more information about what's going wrong?  

• February 21, 2011

We are at the beginning of our Salesforce journey and we have a very small deployment at the moment.  It does have some sensitive commercial in confidence information as custom objects.  We are working with a consultant who has requested System Admin profile so that he can do some new configuration and development work.  I'm reluctant to do this for obvious reasons. Is there a better way of allowing him access to the functionality he needs whilst protecting our data?  i.e. a profile that has the permissions he requires but not access to the custom objects I need to protect?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

• January 24, 2011

I am trying to develop a simple page to list a custom object (Project).  It works but it only ever shows 20 rows.  Is this the functionality of the standard controller or the pageBlockTable?  I have tried setting the 'rows' attribute of the pageBlockTable but it never shows more than 20!

Any help greatly appreciated,

<apex:page standardStylesheets="true" standardController="Project__c" recordSetVar="projects"  >

<apex:pageBlock>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="projects" >

<apex:pageBlockTable var="p" value="{!projects}">
          	<apex:column width="15%" headerValue="Name" value="{!p.Name}"/>
      	</apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageBlockSection>
  </apex:pageBlock>

• November 18, 2010

It's great that update is now in the API for KnowledgeArticleVersion - draft articles (thanks Francois!)

But I am struggling to get it to work.  Does anyone have some sample code?  I need to update custom fields on an article.

Thanks

John

• February 16, 2012

I'm trying to embed an iFrame in a VisualForce page for a Google Maps mashup.  For some reason anything from google.com is not displaying.  Any other domain seems ok.  The code below is a simplified version.  I'd be very grateful for any advice, thanks, John

<apex:page>

<!-- this works-->
src="http://www.bing.com">
</iframe><br />

<!-- this doesn't work-->
src="http://www.google.com">
</iframe><br />

• January 11, 2012

Hi, I really like the Milestones PM app.  One thing I would like to know is how you created a Master Detail relationship between Times and Tasks.  When I have tried to do this for other objects (where Task is the master) it doesn't come up in the list of objects that can be selected.  Is there some trickery involved here?  Thanks, John

• February 24, 2011

We are at the beginning of our Salesforce journey and we have a very small deployment at the moment.  It does have some sensitive commercial in confidence information as custom objects.  We are working with a consultant who has requested System Admin profile so that he can do some new configuration and development work.  I'm reluctant to do this for obvious reasons. Is there a better way of allowing him access to the functionality he needs whilst protecting our data?  i.e. a profile that has the permissions he requires but not access to the custom objects I need to protect?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

• January 24, 2011

I am trying to develop a simple page to list a custom object (Project).  It works but it only ever shows 20 rows.  Is this the functionality of the standard controller or the pageBlockTable?  I have tried setting the 'rows' attribute of the pageBlockTable but it never shows more than 20!

Any help greatly appreciated,

<apex:page standardStylesheets="true" standardController="Project__c" recordSetVar="projects"  >

<apex:pageBlock>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="projects" >

<apex:pageBlockTable var="p" value="{!projects}">
          	<apex:column width="15%" headerValue="Name" value="{!p.Name}"/>
      	</apex:pageBlockTable>

</apex:pageBlockSection>
  </apex:pageBlock>

• November 18, 2010

Hi all,

Quite a few of you have asked me about the availability of CMSForce 2.

I'm very happy to announce that you can now find it on the AppExchange. On the listing you'll find a short demo video that will get you up to speed on the new features. (central management console, folders to organize your content, in-site editing, friendly urls, ...)

I'll also include a shameless plug here : If you want to see it in action 'live', come to my 'Increase Lead Volume with Compelling Landing Pages' session on wed 8 at DreamForce.

Hope to see you there! In the meantime : if you have questions, just drop them in community boards.

David