• 60 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I just installed the force.com IDE into a brand new eclipse kepler install.  When I create a new project and attempt to connect it to an existing DEorg, I get the message "invalid API version specified on url". I have no idea how to fix this...does anybody have a solution>

When I install a managed package, this construct: 

{!$Setup.CustomSettingName__c.CustomFieldName__c} 

as documented here:http://developer.force.com/releases/release/Winter10/Custom+Settings

is flagged as an error. Yet it works fine in a DE org. 

Can someone tell me why? 

thanks 

Hi:

I am using Force.com IDE to develop an application. I am connected to a Developer org.

I I delete an Apex class in IDE, and then sychronize the project with the server, the following message pops up:

"Change is incoming. Are you sure you want to overide the incoming addition and apply local deletion to the server?"

I respond with "yes".

Force.com IDE proceeds with processing and refreshes the sychronize view. The class is still there and has NOT been deleted from the server.

Is this the normal result from this processing? Can I delete a class from the server via the Force.com IDE? And, further, I cannot find any document that describes this behaviour.

Any help is really appreciated!!

Ed

I have defined a summary Report which, when created, was spawned from a Report Type. When I am logged in as sysadmin, the report runs and presents properly (including being filtered by a defined filter).

However, when I run this same report within a cutomer portal, it executes as if it a a tabular report (not a summary report). Further, the filter does not seem to be in effect.

Any ides? Thanks, in advance.

Hi....

I am trying to set up a debug log for the general guest - sites user via the sequence:

Setup-->Administrative setup--> Monitoring-->Debug Logs

However, when I attempt to define a new log and am defining the user to monitor, I cannot find the general site user when doing a 'user search' via the lookup screen. I have seen other posts here that seem to imply that this should be possible.

Am I missing something basic?

Thanks

This is probably a newbie question, but......how do I get my current Developer Edition org's upgraded to Spring 11. Or, is it supposed to happen automatically?

Thanks

Hi....I must be missing something very basic. According to the documentation, when I generate a custom object as Sys. Admin, a corresponding __share object is supposed to be generated. 

I cannot find these objects...not when I define then in Apex code (e.g. MyCustomObject__share) nor do they appear when I explore the schema via the IDE.  I must have done something wrong at the basic level, but cannot figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

When deploying artifacts from a Force.com IDE to another environment (for example another DE), I have the option of specifying and saving a "destination archive" to be used in case of an error. This is in addition to the project archive.

How does one use this destination archive to restore the DE to the state it was prior to the deployment. I cannot find documentation on this procedure.

Thanks, in advance,

Edwin

I have an existing instance of the Force.com IDE installed and it is running successfully. I have downloaded the latest version of the IDE and installed it as a second IDE instance (install).

When I start up this second instance, I get a JVM error right off the bat (the only error shown is "ExitCode = -1"). Then, a listing of the environment in force (class path, etc). 

Can anybody help me as to where to start looking for the problem?

thanks

Edwin

Hi: I am trying to duplicate the Account field behavior that occurs with the Account field, on a Case, in the situation wherby the Case is being created via a Customer Portal.

In that situation, the Account field defaults to the Account of the Customer Portal and the field, though Lookup, is read only.

In my custom object, I would like to define Account as a lookup field....and, using System Admin profile, I can do the lookup but, if I use a Customer Portal Profile, I want to "default" it to the Account from the current User. But, still have it as a lookup field (read only) that can be clicked through to the account itself.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi: I have developed a VF page to be included in a standard page layout for a custom object. It is embedded into a separate section in the page layout.

I find that any rendering objects are displayed in "display" mode. But, when I go into "edit" mode, when entering a "new" object, as an example, the VF page does not display and, furthermore, any inputField elements do not display.

Is this functionality meant for display purposes only?

thanks

I just installed the force.com IDE into a brand new eclipse kepler install.  When I create a new project and attempt to connect it to an existing DEorg, I get the message "invalid API version specified on url". I have no idea how to fix this...does anybody have a solution>

I've been running through the following Database.com Java SDK quickstart

http://forcedotcom.github.com/java-sdk/quick-start <-- The Hello Cloud example

To extend the application, I generated a POJO for the Task object, which is basically the following

package org.docsample.model;

import javax.persistence.*;
import com.force.sdk.*;

@javax.annotation.Generated(value="com.force.sdk.codegen.ForceJPAClassGenerator")
@Table(name="Task")
@Entity(name="Task")
@com.force.sdk.jpa.annotation.CustomObject(readOnlySchema=true)
public class Task extends com.force.sdk.jpa.model.BaseForceObject {

public static final String KEY_PREFIX = "00T";

// whoId possible references:
    // Contact
    // Lead
    protected String whoId;
    // whatId possible references:
    // Account
    // Asset
    // Campaign
    // Case
    // Contract
    // Opportunity
    // Product2
    // Solution
    protected String whatId;
    protected boolean subject;
    protected java.util.Date activityDate;
    protected String status;
    protected String priority;
    //protected User owner;
    protected String description;
    protected boolean isDeleted;
    //protected Account account;
    protected boolean isClosed;
    protected java.util.Calendar createdDate;
    //protected User createdBy;
    protected java.util.Calendar lastModifiedDate;
    //protected User lastModifiedBy;
    protected java.util.Calendar systemModstamp;
    protected boolean isArchived;
    protected int callDurationInSeconds;
    protected CallTypeEnum callType;
    protected String callDisposition;
    protected String callObject;
    protected java.util.Calendar reminderDateTime;
    protected boolean isReminderSet;
    protected Task recurrenceActivityId;
    protected boolean isRecurrence;
    protected java.util.Date recurrenceStartDateOnly;
    protected java.util.Date recurrenceEndDateOnly;
    protected RecurrenceTimeZoneSidKeyEnum recurrenceTimeZoneSidKey;
    protected RecurrenceTypeEnum recurrenceType;
    protected int recurrenceInterval;
    protected int recurrenceDayOfWeekMask;
    protected int recurrenceDayOfMonth;
    protected RecurrenceInstanceEnum recurrenceInstance;
    protected RecurrenceMonthOfYearEnum recurrenceMonthOfYear;

}

I am currently trying to add this object, but its not uploading properly. I get the following exception:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityController': Injection of autowired dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Could not autowire field: org.docsample.service.EntityService org.docsample.controller.EntityController.entityService; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityService': Injection of persistence dependencies failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'entityManagerFactory' defined in class path resource [app-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Explicit persistence provider error(s) occurred for "forceDatabase" after trying the following discovered implementations: org.datanucleus.jpa.PersistenceProviderImpl, com.force.sdk.jpa.PersistenceProviderImpl from provider: com.force.sdk.jpa.PersistenceProviderImpl
at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessPropertyValues(AutowiredAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:285)
When I take off the following annotation from the entity
@Entity(name="Task")

@Table(name="Task")

It generates a custom object, but with it I get the exceptions above. I can't see the correlation between setting up a standard object in the JPA and BeanGeneration not working. 

The settings on the hellocloud app are exactly the same as the demo. The app is working, its just when I add the Task POJO to the Model Bean generation fails. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Hi:

I am using Force.com IDE to develop an application. I am connected to a Developer org.

I I delete an Apex class in IDE, and then sychronize the project with the server, the following message pops up:

"Change is incoming. Are you sure you want to overide the incoming addition and apply local deletion to the server?"

I respond with "yes".

Force.com IDE proceeds with processing and refreshes the sychronize view. The class is still there and has NOT been deleted from the server.

Is this the normal result from this processing? Can I delete a class from the server via the Force.com IDE? And, further, I cannot find any document that describes this behaviour.

Any help is really appreciated!!

Ed

I have defined a summary Report which, when created, was spawned from a Report Type. When I am logged in as sysadmin, the report runs and presents properly (including being filtered by a defined filter).

However, when I run this same report within a cutomer portal, it executes as if it a a tabular report (not a summary report). Further, the filter does not seem to be in effect.

Any ides? Thanks, in advance.

Hi....

I am trying to set up a debug log for the general guest - sites user via the sequence:

Setup-->Administrative setup--> Monitoring-->Debug Logs

However, when I attempt to define a new log and am defining the user to monitor, I cannot find the general site user when doing a 'user search' via the lookup screen. I have seen other posts here that seem to imply that this should be possible.

Am I missing something basic?

Thanks

This is probably a newbie question, but......how do I get my current Developer Edition org's upgraded to Spring 11. Or, is it supposed to happen automatically?

Thanks

Hi....I must be missing something very basic. According to the documentation, when I generate a custom object as Sys. Admin, a corresponding __share object is supposed to be generated. 

I cannot find these objects...not when I define then in Apex code (e.g. MyCustomObject__share) nor do they appear when I explore the schema via the IDE.  I must have done something wrong at the basic level, but cannot figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi: I am trying to duplicate the Account field behavior that occurs with the Account field, on a Case, in the situation wherby the Case is being created via a Customer Portal.

In that situation, the Account field defaults to the Account of the Customer Portal and the field, though Lookup, is read only.

In my custom object, I would like to define Account as a lookup field....and, using System Admin profile, I can do the lookup but, if I use a Customer Portal Profile, I want to "default" it to the Account from the current User. But, still have it as a lookup field (read only) that can be clicked through to the account itself.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi: I have developed a VF page to be included in a standard page layout for a custom object. It is embedded into a separate section in the page layout.

I find that any rendering objects are displayed in "display" mode. But, when I go into "edit" mode, when entering a "new" object, as an example, the VF page does not display and, furthermore, any inputField elements do not display.

Is this functionality meant for display purposes only?

thanks

How can a team of developers work on an application development? And how is SCM (Software Configuration Management) used in a Force.com Application Development project? In otherwords, what is the equivalent of Subversion (SVN) or CVS repository? How can you revert to older versions and how can merging be done. Merging is probably not required as it can be avoided given the way we develop with Force.com

Thanks in Advance

freshstart force

I made some updates to the APEX Explorer to fix some problems:

1. Changed the SOQL editer to use ScintillaNet(scintillanet.codeplex.com)
  2. Added support for single line(--) and multiline comments(/* */) in SOQL statments. (they get striped out before the api call)
  3. Fixes so it works with version 19 of SalesForce API
  4. Fixed the GridView, you can now do "Show in Browser" and "Copy ID" with our crashing
  5. Fixed "Start DB Replication Monitor" from crashing the app

The updated source is in the download.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.grimeware.com/ApexExplorer8.1.zip