• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am generating a stacked bar chart with visualforce charting where the values on the X axis range between negative and positive values. The problem I am facing is that zero is not being shown on the axis and thus its difficult to make out from when my values cross the negative line by looking at the chart. Is there a way I can make that the zero always appears on the line no matter what the values are?

Regards and Thanks in advance

S.Aj

Hi,

In our Dev Instance we are generating PDF documents for certain custom objects, and in these pages we have Logo image placed in the document.

And as new instance are installed  we want the user to replace the logo with their own.

The image is stored in static resource and cache control set to public

Im not sure how to handle this.
Any pointers will be of great help. ANy work around is greatly appreciated.

Regards and thanks in advance

S.AJ

Hi there,

I would like to know is it possible to  specify to whom  an  email  alert sends to, here's the scenario to make it clear what exaclty I want:

I've got a custom object A, say there are two records related to the  Object A, record  AA  and record AB

Employee A  is related to record  AA

Employee B  is related to record  AB

Now the Obect A has email alerts tiggered when certain criteria  is met, maybe status update, so if the record AA is updated and the email for the record AA is trigerred basically it should be sent only to Employee A and does not go to Employee B, but what I have noticed is that it goes to both of the employees inbox, regardless of the sharing access that is set. 

Can someone please help me on this.

Regards and thanks in advance,

S.Abduljaleel

Hi there,

I would like to know is it possible to  specify to whom  an   email  alert goes, here's the scenario to make it clear what exaclty I want:

I've got a custom object A, say there are two records related to the  Object A, record  AA  and record AB

Now the Obect A has email alerts tiggered when certain criteria  is met, maybe status update, so if the record AA is updated and the email for the record AA is trigerred is it possible that it only goes to Employee A and does not get to Employee B

Thanks in advance

Sjaleel

Dear Developer,

I have a standard page for my object  Utilization Report, its has got a custom button that generates a document report. The button is executed by Java srcipt. The condition set for the button to generate the report is that the status on the UR page should be set to approved.

I need to add one more condtion to it that is Utilization Report is the parent  obeject for Utilization Report List Item. This list Item has few list values and data associated to it eg. Engine, APU, Landing gear,..etc. An error should be generated if the user does not create a URLI for the engine hours/cycles, APU hours/cycles, Landing gear hours and cycles, if the button is clicked . Or  is there a way to hide the send email button if no URLI was created?

Safiya

Dear Developers,

Can anyone enlighten how a wrapper really work?  I am creating a VF page for custome objects as detailed spec sheet, the object has a table list of with several items in it. Each item has got serail no, product no , desceription and so on. Some of the items are listed more than once and they just differ in serial number but the other are all the same. When displaying in the actual VF page I dont need the item to be repetead but total count of each item with.

22MCDUTHALES AVIONICS SAC19266DA01
22RUDDER TRIM CONTROL SWITCHGOODRICH ACTUATION SYSTEM SAS27-457
22RUDDER TRIM INDICATORECE EQUIPEMENT and CONSTRUCTION ELEC S196PN01Y02
23VHF/COMM.TRANSCEIVERHONEYWELL INTL INC DBA AEROSPACE ELE064-50000-0505
23RADIO MANAGEMENT PANELTHALES AVIONICS SAC12848CA01

As you can see the table its repeting the items but i'd rather display them once in the table and show its quantity, is that possible if so how?

Thanks and regards

S.Aj

• September 13, 2011

Dear Developers,

Am trying to change the column widths in a table that us being displayed in the VF page

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Equipment" >

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Equipment}" var="equip" >
            <apex:column value="{! equip.ATA__c}"  />
            <apex:column value="{! equip.Description__c}"  width="40%"/>
            <apex:column value="{! equip.Vendor__c}"  width="40%"/>
            <apex:column value="{! equip.Part_Number__c}" width="10%"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>                  

</apex:pageBlockSection> 

But it doesnt seems to work, and the table is so small that it is only being displayed in a small part of the block section leaving the rest of the area empty, what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

S.Aj

Dear Developers,

IAm creating a VF page for custome objects as detailed spec sheet,The object has a table list of with several items in it. Each item has got serail no, product no , desceription and so on. Some of the items are listed more than once and they just differ in serial number but the other are all the same. When displaying in the actual VF page I dont need the item to be repetead but total count of each item with.

This is the table being displayed, but as you see some items are repetitive, as that how it is in the actual objects page, so rather i'd like to have a total count or quantity of each item, how can that be done?

This is part of the code

public List<Equipment__c> getEquipment(Aircraft__c aircraft)
    {
        List<Equipment__c> Equipment = new List<Equipment__c>();
       if (aircraft!=null)
        {
            Id aircraftID = aircraft.ID;
            Equipment = [select id, ATA__c, Description__c, Part_Number__c, Serial_Number__c, Vendor__c from
                           Equipment__c where Aircraft__c = :aircraftID AND
                           (ATA__c = '23' or ATA__c = '25' or ATA__c = '31' or ATA__c = '32'
                           or ATA__c = '34' or ATA__c = '39' or ATA__c = '70' or ATA__c = '22')
                           Order By ATA__c Asc]; 

} 

return Equipment;
    }

and this is the VF page one

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Equipment">

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Equipment}" var="equip">
            <apex:column value="{! equip.ATA__c}"/>
            <apex:column value="{! equip.Description__c}"/>
            <apex:column value="{! equip.Vendor__c}"/>
            <apex:column value="{! equip.Part_Number__c}"/>

Thanks in advance

S.Aj

Hi developers,

Am creating a detailed page of my custm object  onto a vf page, but I want it displayed that each field will be displayed on table of its own ,

The Object Constituent_Assembly has different types of list values like (Engine 1, Engine2, Landing Gear - Left, Landing Gear - Right),each of these has different attribute value like the Serial Number, Part Number and Date of creation, Date of workshop vist and so on. So Displaying them in the VF page I want the Engine parts altogether and the Landing gear together and only the upto date one to be displayed 

Here is the part of selecting the Engine but just couldnt figure how to give the date condition on to it.

public List<Constituent_Assembly__c> getConstitutenAssemblies(Aircraft__c aircraft)
    {
        List<Constituent_Assembly__c> constAssemb = new List<Constituent_Assembly__c>();
       if (aircraft!=null)
        {
            Id aircraftID = aircraft.ID;
            constAssemb = [select id,name,Part_Number__c,Serial_Number__c, Model__c,CSN__c, TSN__c, CSLV__c, TSLV__c, Life_Limit__c from 
                           Constituent_Assembly__c where Attached_Aircraft__c = :aircraftID AND 
                           (Type__c = 'Engine 1' or  Type__c = 'Engine 2')];

}           
        return constAssemb;
    }

Hope someone can help me with it.

Thanks in Advance and regards

S.Aj

Dear developers,

Is there a way I can hide a button in standard sales force page? There is a button in one of the objects page that opens up to a visual force page. I need the button to be hidden until certain condtions are met on the objects page is that possible, if so how?

Thanks in advance

S.Aj

Dear Developers,

Am generating a PDF file using Visual Force, so in the objects that is being accessed , few of the fileds are picklist values...how can these values be obtained? Is there any specific functions need to be done to get the value of the picklist value?

Thanks in Advance

S.Aj

Dear Developers,

Is there a way to make a button conditional, that is the button command would be only executable depending on the value of a certain field in the object.

For eg.

If the status in the page is approved , the button would be excutable that would deirect to an email page that is.

Can anyone help me on this?

Dear Developers,

Is it possible to do a preview of the attachment file?

I want to have preview of the VF page am rendering as PDF and sending it as an attachment in email, is it possible? If so then how?

Dear developers,

How can an object Id be accesse? is there a method that sets the ID of an object? I want to create VF page that would display a deatiled info page of my object, but I dont know how to pass or set the object id, other than copying and pasting from the URL!

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dear Developers,

I know my question is silly, but yet I need to ask 'cos I need to learn and I need to know ^__^ and am new to the VF world too!

How can  an image, a logo of the company, added to the PDF document that is being generated via visual force? The image is stored into our salesforce communications template.

Thanks in advance

Can merge fields be made conditional in the HTML  email template....

I want to test the condition whether a revenue is specified or not, if yes then give out the revenue other wise no revenue specified..

{ ! IF(Operator__c.Revenue__c > 0," An operator with revenue "{!Operator__c.Revenue__c},"Revenue not specified")}

Well it doesn't work, that I know but is there any way I could make it conditional and work?

Thanks and regards

I want the field to derive its value from the parent object when its first created but not permanently linked, that is it should be a snapshot in time. so if the parent object is updated  it should not be updated but should have the old value of the parent object.

Regards

S.AJ

Hi,

In our Dev Instance we are generating PDF documents for certain custom objects, and in these pages we have Logo image placed in the document.

And as new instance are installed  we want the user to replace the logo with their own.

The image is stored in static resource and cache control set to public

Im not sure how to handle this.
Any pointers will be of great help. ANy work around is greatly appreciated.

S.AJ

Hi there,

I would like to know is it possible to  specify to whom  an  email  alert sends to, here's the scenario to make it clear what exaclty I want:

Now the Obect A has email alerts tiggered when certain criteria  is met, maybe status update, so if the record AA is updated and the email for the record AA is trigerred basically it should be sent only to Employee A and does not go to Employee B, but what I have noticed is that it goes to both of the employees inbox, regardless of the sharing access that is set. 

Can someone please help me on this.

Regards and thanks in advance,

S.Abduljaleel

Hi,

I can find plenty of places where static resources are used to house images for VisualForce pages which are then rendered as pdf no problem. However, has anyone tried using a URL field in a custom object when that URL points to an Amazon S3 storage?

This is my VF page at the top...

<apex:page standardStylesheets="false"   standardController="pb__InventoryItem__c" renderAs="pdf" >

<apex:variable var="inv" value="{!pb__InventoryItem__c}"/> 

You can see I'm creating a variable so I can access various fields from my custom object...

Just one of the image tags here...

<apex:image url="{!inv.pb__Image1__c}" width="100%" height="425px" />

When I let it render as HTML all images appear no problem. The URL that is returned is ok and everything works until I renderAs PDF and the images break. Is there any way around this? I can't see creating static resources for every image as being a solution. Especially as there is everything in the S3 storage area. All I need to do is to be able to render out to PDF!

Also, does anyone know if it's easy enough to render a Google map out to PDF from a VF page?

Thanks in advance. I'd really appreciate any help as this is quite an urgent job. Very frustrating when you have got the page working apart from rendering to PDF.

Regards,

Ian

Dear Developers,

Can anyone enlighten how a wrapper really work?  I am creating a VF page for custome objects as detailed spec sheet, the object has a table list of with several items in it. Each item has got serail no, product no , desceription and so on. Some of the items are listed more than once and they just differ in serial number but the other are all the same. When displaying in the actual VF page I dont need the item to be repetead but total count of each item with.

As you can see the table its repeting the items but i'd rather display them once in the table and show its quantity, is that possible if so how?

Thanks and regards

S.Aj

• September 13, 2011

Dear Developers,

Am trying to change the column widths in a table that us being displayed in the VF page

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Equipment" >

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Equipment}" var="equip" >
            <apex:column value="{! equip.ATA__c}"  />
            <apex:column value="{! equip.Description__c}"  width="40%"/>
            <apex:column value="{! equip.Vendor__c}"  width="40%"/>
            <apex:column value="{! equip.Part_Number__c}" width="10%"/>

</apex:pageBlockSection> 

But it doesnt seems to work, and the table is so small that it is only being displayed in a small part of the block section leaving the rest of the area empty, what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

S.Aj

Dear Developers,

IAm creating a VF page for custome objects as detailed spec sheet,The object has a table list of with several items in it. Each item has got serail no, product no , desceription and so on. Some of the items are listed more than once and they just differ in serial number but the other are all the same. When displaying in the actual VF page I dont need the item to be repetead but total count of each item with.

This is the table being displayed, but as you see some items are repetitive, as that how it is in the actual objects page, so rather i'd like to have a total count or quantity of each item, how can that be done?

This is part of the code

public List<Equipment__c> getEquipment(Aircraft__c aircraft)
    {
        List<Equipment__c> Equipment = new List<Equipment__c>();
       if (aircraft!=null)
        {
            Id aircraftID = aircraft.ID;
            Equipment = [select id, ATA__c, Description__c, Part_Number__c, Serial_Number__c, Vendor__c from
                           Equipment__c where Aircraft__c = :aircraftID AND
                           (ATA__c = '23' or ATA__c = '25' or ATA__c = '31' or ATA__c = '32'
                           or ATA__c = '34' or ATA__c = '39' or ATA__c = '70' or ATA__c = '22')
                           Order By ATA__c Asc]; 

} 

return Equipment;
    }

and this is the VF page one

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Equipment">

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Equipment}" var="equip">
            <apex:column value="{! equip.ATA__c}"/>
            <apex:column value="{! equip.Description__c}"/>
            <apex:column value="{! equip.Vendor__c}"/>
            <apex:column value="{! equip.Part_Number__c}"/>

Thanks in advance

S.Aj

Hi developers,

Am creating a detailed page of my custm object  onto a vf page, but I want it displayed that each field will be displayed on table of its own ,

The Object Constituent_Assembly has different types of list values like (Engine 1, Engine2, Landing Gear - Left, Landing Gear - Right),each of these has different attribute value like the Serial Number, Part Number and Date of creation, Date of workshop vist and so on. So Displaying them in the VF page I want the Engine parts altogether and the Landing gear together and only the upto date one to be displayed 

Here is the part of selecting the Engine but just couldnt figure how to give the date condition on to it.

public List<Constituent_Assembly__c> getConstitutenAssemblies(Aircraft__c aircraft)
    {
        List<Constituent_Assembly__c> constAssemb = new List<Constituent_Assembly__c>();
       if (aircraft!=null)
        {
            Id aircraftID = aircraft.ID;
            constAssemb = [select id,name,Part_Number__c,Serial_Number__c, Model__c,CSN__c, TSN__c, CSLV__c, TSLV__c, Life_Limit__c from 
                           Constituent_Assembly__c where Attached_Aircraft__c = :aircraftID AND 
                           (Type__c = 'Engine 1' or  Type__c = 'Engine 2')];

}           
        return constAssemb;
    }

Hope someone can help me with it.

Thanks in Advance and regards

S.Aj

Dear developers,

Is there a way I can hide a button in standard sales force page? There is a button in one of the objects page that opens up to a visual force page. I need the button to be hidden until certain condtions are met on the objects page is that possible, if so how?

Thanks in advance

S.Aj

Dear Developers,

Is there a way to make a button conditional, that is the button command would be only executable depending on the value of a certain field in the object.

For eg.

If the status in the page is approved , the button would be excutable that would deirect to an email page that is.

Can anyone help me on this?

Dear Developers,

Is it possible to do a preview of the attachment file?

I want to have preview of the VF page am rendering as PDF and sending it as an attachment in email, is it possible? If so then how?