• 579 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am developing report under customer report of opportunity.

I found I can add "fiscal period" field to report layout by using report builder tool, when I selected existed report type such as opportunity->opportunity.

But I can find "fiscal period" field, when I selected custom report type which created by myself.

I known, "fiscal period" field is hidden field of opportunity. But how can I add it to my custom report type. Or my requirements is can't be implement in custom report type.

I am writing a trigger that will return the user full name to a custom lookup field to the username. The problem is that i cannot pick up the lead.ownerid when add/update a campaign member from the lead record or the conttact record. Below is the start of the trigger.

trigger cmOwner on CampaignMember (Before Insert, Before Update) {

Set<Id> lIds = new Set<Id>();
    Set<Id> cIds = new Set<Id>();

for(CampaignMember cm : Trigger.new) {
    System.debug('**** 1 lIds id : '+cm.lead.ownerid);

LIds.add(cm.lead.ownerid);
        cIds.add(cm.contact.ownerid);

System.debug('**** 2 lIds id : '+cm.lead.ownerid);

}

list<user> lUs = [select id, FirstName, LastName from user where id in :lids];

}

Although the trigger is set to run whenever a campaign member record was created or updated, no records are added to sets when i create or edit a campaign member record. Why are the records not entering the trigger?

Thank you,

ckellie

Hi, I tried to export a custom object that has about 32000 records, using SET UP > DATA MANAGEMENT > DATA EXPORT > EXPORT NOW. I did that on last thursday around 5 pm(more than 2 working days). It still shows, "A data export is currently in progress for your organization. Your export has been queued. You will receive an email notification when it is completed".

How long does it usually take to export using DATA EXPORT?

What are the other(better) ways to export the data from SF?

Hi,

Is it possible to create new customer portal user using Manage Users functionality of setup menu? or

Is it possible to create visualforce page functionality to create these type of users?

Cheers,

Devendra S

Hi 

I am doing workflow and creating Email alerts. 

Can u plus tell me what is the use of theis option in Recipient Type :    

user

Role and Subordinates

Role

Related User

Related Contact

Public Groups

Owner

Email Field

Creator

Case Team

Account Owner

and 

tell me what is 

Protected Component ( check box)

From Email Address (picklist)

I have an object called product__c. It has Quantity__c, Reorder_Level__c, result__c fields. 

I am doing workflow rules and setting the Rule Criteria 

I want to check whether the Quantity__c less than Reorder_Level__c. Then change the result__c to '0' else the value should be'1'.

Tell me how should I use the if condition in formula editor

Hi,

I am unable to create dependent picklist on Idea Object. Is this possible?

If not possible, why was this not documented.i tried looking for it, but i did not find it on boards, help or documentation.

Also, can't i override the ideas home tab/page with a VF page??

Can anybody point me in right direction.

Thanks,

Sales4ce

Hi All,

I have developed VF page where I have used standrad controller as well controller extension.

I have a requirement where upon clicking a checkbox on the VF page, user must be shown with one more input field to enter the value.

Can anyone please suggest how to show an input field on the VF page upon checking the checkbox.

Thanks,

Srilakshmi B

Hi

I have created a custom object and i want trigger for this . Where i should write this trigger

trigger MileageTrigger on Mileage__c (before insert, before update) {
MileageUtil.areMilesAllowed(Trigger.new);
}

There is no option of New in Apex Triggers . Custom object does not appear in Setup->Customise.

Thanks

I am working on an Enterpise Edition and I have around 30 Force.com One App user licences.

I have installed a package developed in a Developer edition that is having different tabs and is using also Static Resources.

What I am trying to do is to give access to different groups of users to different data within the application: eg. 5 users should see only five of the 10 tabs that the application has.

Can you please inform me if this is posible within the licence that I have and if yes, how can this be achieved?

Regards,

Justina Zah
 +44 20 81233966 

Hi,

I have setup data loader from command line as mentioned in this article.

http://www.developerforce.com/media/Cheatsheet_Setting_Up_Automated_Data_Loader_9_0.pdf

I am  running into the issues. I do not understand what the below messages meant. can any one point me in the right direction.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>cd C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 22.0\bin

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 22.0\bin>process.bat "C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 22.0\test\" csvLeadInsertProcess

Usage: java [-options] class [args...]         

(to execute a class) 

or  java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]         

(to execute a jar file)
where options include:   

-client       to select the "client" VM   

-server       to select the "server" VM   

-hotspot      is a synonym for the "client" VM  [deprecated]                 

The default VM is client.
    -cp <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>   

-classpath <class search path of directories and zip/jar files>                 

A ; separated list of directories, JAR archives,                 

and ZIP archives to search for class files. 

-D<name>=<value>                  set a system property   

-verbose[:class|gc|jni]                  enable verbose output 

-version      print product version and exit   

-version:<value>                  require the specified version to run   

-showversion  print product version and continue 

-jre-restrict-search | -jre-no-restrict-search                  include/exclude user private JREs in the version search   

-? -help      print this help message   

-X            print help on non-standard options   

-ea[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]   

-enableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]                  enable assertions 

-da[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]   

-disableassertions[:<packagename>...|:<classname>]                  disable assertions   

-esa | -enablesystemassertions                  enable system assertions   

-dsa | -disablesystemassertions                  disable system assertions   

-agentlib:<libname>[=<options>]                  load native agent library <libname>, e.g. -agentlib:hprof                    see also, -agentlib:jdwp=help and -agentlib:hprof=help    -agentpath:<pathname>[=<options>]                  load native agent library by full pathname    -javaagent:<jarpath>[=<options>]                  load Java programming language agent, see java.lang.instrument
C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 22.0\bin>

I have no idea what it meant and all i know id that my process did not create the Leads from my csv file.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sales4ce

please help me to wriite a trigger on opportunity where Contact related to account of the opportunity comes in the contact role.

How to capture the Current System Year in one Field.

• July 13, 2011

Hai friends,

Can you anybody help me to query all Activities in single query for a contact.

Thanks in advance

sforcehari

I want to fully customize a standard object, such as Contacts: add delete fields and change their attributes.

How do I go about doing it?

- Do I need to duplicate the object? - if so, is there a way to clone it?

Thank you,

Abe Queller

How to give formula for following condition...

My object name is Insurance__c.

If user select Record Type as Life Insurance then value should be passed of field named Death Benefit.

If user select Record Type as General Insurance then value should be passed of field named Sum assured.

Please tell me how to create formula for such condition....

Hi,

I have a developer edition and want to practice creation and management of forecasts.

When I enter the 'Forecasts' tab, I see an introductory page with no links that allow me

any actions.

I have checked my profile, and the 'allow forecasting' box is checked.

I have also checked the configuration of the 'customize->forecast' page and can't see anything wrong.

Can someone tell me what additional setting/configuration do I need to have, so that I am allowed to

create and view my own forecasts?

Thank you.

Hi,

I have a custom object on which i am writing "sharing rule based on criteria".

My question is,

in criteria i can see all fields of my custom object,

but i want to create a criteria based on parent object field of this custom object.

It is not showing parent object and its field to use in criteria.

Can i do that?

or is it a limitation?

Thanks,

Sam

Hi,

I want to ask about is that possible to make system admin can't edit the locked record caused by Approval process? My case is, I want the system admin users can't edit the locked record from web and/ or via API.. are there any ways to solve my case? any suggestions would be great, thanks...

regards,

Edwin

Hi

I need to use the "UserRecordAccess" in Apex Trigger in order to get the User permission on the Record,is it possible to use this in Trigger.

I have used the  UserRecordAccess in the Trigger while updating the record to get the User Permission on that record,but I am unable to get these lines of code executed.

If any one know about this,please help me.

Hi

In record sharing if we add the record to All Internal Users,So for which type of users the record is shared.

I need to know the User's profile which come under All Internal Users.

If any one know about this please help me.

Hi

I need to send the selected Template information as SMS to the Contacts mobile,

I have seen some products in App Exchange,those have template sending in SMS

but they are limited only to Standard objects but I need to create Template for Custom

object. Is it possible to create Template for Custom object and send SMS.

Hi

I am inserting the FeedPost by assiging User as Parent id.Now is it possible to get the

@Username through coding,We get the @Username when we select the user and click

on Share button,We get the link to a particular user when we click on that.link we are 

directed to User Profile.

So it is possible to get the same functionality through coding.

Hi

I had a requirement, on Contact we have Send An Email Button in ActivityHistory.When you click on

Send An Email and Attach a file to the Email,Email is sent and a task is created in Activity history.

Now I need to get the Attachment that is associated with that Email.

Is it Possible to get the Attachment that is added to Email.If any one know about this Please help me.

Thanks.

Hi

I had a requirement on Contact we have Send An Email Button in ActivityHistory.When you click on

Send An Email and Attach a file to the Email,Email is sent and a task is created in Activity history.

Is it Possible to get the Attachment that is added to Email.If any on eknow about this Please help me.

Thanks

Hi

Is it possible to delete the New Button on Standard Lookup.For example on Cases Page Layout,when

we click on Contact Lookup we get New Button is there any possiblity to delete the New Button?

Or is there any possibity to customize the fields that appear when we click on New Button on 

Lookup.If any one know about this please help me.

Thanks

Hi

I have doubt regarding Scheduled Job State,I have Scheduled an Apex Class for a particular time,

So it completed execution,after completion of Scheduling the State of Scheduled Job is shown

as WAITING, though it has completed.

Why the State of Job is in still WAITING state after the Scheduled Time.If any one know about

please clarify me.

Thanks  

Hi

Is there any way to change the Batch Apex User Running mode? By default Batch Apex code executes in

System mode, now i need to change it to User mode,Is it possible.

If any one know please tell me.

Thanks

Hi

I am working with the Customer Portal,I have developed a VF Page to get the Solutions depending on the

Soluiton Category selected,It worked in my Dev box but in Customer Portal I got this Error

No such column 'Id' on entity 'CategoryNode'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. 

I am unable resolve this,is it not possible to query on CategoryNode in Customer Portal.If any one know about this,

Please help me....

Thanks

Hi

I am working with the Customer Portal,I have developed a VF Page to get the Solutions depending on the

Soluiton Category selected,It worked in my Dev box but in Customer Portal I got this Error

No such column 'Id' on entity 'CategoryNode'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. 

I am unable resolve this,is it not possible to query on CategoryNode in Customer Portal.If any one know about this,

Please help me....

Thanks

Hi

I need to get the Solution name by the Specific Category Master Label.Is it possible to get this.

I could not find any direct relation between Solution and Category Node.

If any one know about this,Please help me.

Thanks.

Hi

I need to get only List View of an Object on VF page.Is it possible to get only those 

picklist values that are in list view of a particular object.

Thanks

Hi

1.I need to create an Email Alert on Account,now I need to send Email Alert for

the Contacts which are associated withe the Account.So when I select the 

RelatedContacts of Account as Recipient Type,Why I am not getting Contacts

associated with that Account? If any know about this help me.

Thanks

Hi

I got the following Error when I am installing the Error,

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 303507728-8133 (1463461592)

When this Error occurs ,if any one know about this,Please tell me.

Thanks

Hi

I need to generate XML Structure for Contact Object,that is I need a formatted Structure for 

all the fields,their relationships,tiriggers in XML format like

<Contact>

<field>

</field>

</Contact>

I dont know how to build exactly,If any one know about this help me.

Thanks

Hi

I am writing Trigger on Task now i need to specify the parentid for Feed Item.

So for Contacts and Leads I need to specify the Parent id as Whoid.I need to 

know whether the Feed Item takes Whoid as Parentid.

Thanks.

Hi

I need to import the Lookup Field in Custom Object,But I am unable to see

the Lookup Field while mapping.

If any one know the Solution.

Please help me.

Hi,

I had a doubt, Is it possible to assign Escalation Rules for Custom Objects.

Hi
I am working with Customer Portal,and I am enabling Sharing settings for 
the Role of a Customer Portal user
1.For example I gave criteria based sharing on object A.
like field in A as Number equals 10.
2.On the Profile of the user I gave only Read access to that object.
3.I have given PUBLIC READ\WRITE 
for the records that satisfy that criteria.
4.But when I login in to that user I am unable to see edit
button on those records that satisfy the criteria.

I think the Profile Permissions are Overriding the Sharing Access.
What I have to do overcome this.

If any one worked with this, 

Please help me.

trigger Sample on Record_Type__c(before insert){
    String[] names = new String[]{'First Record','Second Record','Third Record'};
    Map<Id, RecordType> regions = new Map<Id,RecordType>([SELECT Name from RecordType WHERE SobjectType = 'Record_Type__c' AND Name IN :names]);
    AggregateResult res = [SELECT MAX(Record_Number__c) max1, MAX(Record_Number1__c) max2,MAX(Record_Number2__c) max3 FROM Record_Type__c  WHERE RecordType.Name IN :names group by RecordTypeId];

Integer max1 = Integer.valueOf(((String)res.get('max1')).right(3) );
    Integer max2 = Integer.valueOf(((String)res.get('max2')).right(3) );
    Integer max3 = Integer.valueOf(((String)res.get('max3')).right(3) );

for(Record_Type__c theRT: trigger.new){

if( regions.get(theRT.RecordTypeId).Name == 'First Record'){   //region corresponds to 'US'
                String num1 = String.valueOf( (max1 != null) ? ++max1 : 1 );//will use the incremented value of max unless max was null (else use 1 instead)
                for(Integer i=0; i< (3 - num1.length() ); i++){ //should pad with leading zeros to ensure format of {000}
                    num1 = '0' + num1;
                }
                theRT.Record_Number__c= 'A - ' + num1;
            }
            else if( regions.get(theRT.RecordTypeId).Name == 'Second Record'){    //region corresponds to 'ROW'
                String num2 = String.valueOf( (max2 != null) ? ++max2 : 1 );
                for(Integer i=0; i< (3 - num2.length() ); i++){ //should pad with leading zeros to ensure format of {000}
                    num2 = '0' + num2;
                }
                theRT.Record_Number1__c= 'S - ' + num2;
            }
            else if( regions.get(theRT.RecordTypeId).Name == 'Third Record'){    //region corresponds to 'ROW'
                String num3 = String.valueOf( (max3 != null) ? ++max3 : 1 );
                for(Integer i=0; i< (3 - num3.length() ); i++){ //should pad with leading zeros to ensure format of {000}
                    num3 = '0' + num3;
                }
                theRT.Record_Number2__c= 'T - ' + num3;
            }

}
}
==========================================================================================
when i create an record it shows an error====
Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger Sample caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: Sample: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.QueryException: List has more than 1 row for assignment to SObject: Trigger.Sample: line 4, column 1

Hi

In record sharing if we add the record to All Internal Users,So for which type of users the record is shared.

I need to know the User's profile which come under All Internal Users.

Hi

can we query the campaign from Lead object?

Hi

I had a requirement on Contact we have Send An Email Button in ActivityHistory.When you click on

Is it Possible to get the Attachment that is added to Email.If any on eknow about this Please help me.

Thanks

Hi

Is it possible to delete the New Button on Standard Lookup.For example on Cases Page Layout,when

we click on Contact Lookup we get New Button is there any possiblity to delete the New Button?

Or is there any possibity to customize the fields that appear when we click on New Button on 

Lookup.If any one know about this please help me.

Thanks

how to display the actual values of the encrypted text field values in a visual force page.please help me out.

• September 02, 2011

Hi

Please help me....

Thanks

I have a requirement to retrieve all the records from "Customer" object and to display them on Visualforce page.

Where "Customer" contains aroung 4000 to 5000 records.

• August 19, 2011

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I'm trying to extract records from Ideas, where a custom field is populated.

i.e. I'm wanting to do an equivalent of SQLs  WHERE Body like:+SearchText+''

The field is a  Text Area.

I've tried WHERE field='' and various other things, but Data Loader tells me the field can't be filtered on ...Am I just getting syntax wrong or can I really not filter on a text area field? That seems odd so guessing my syntax is duff.

Hi,

Any one please help how to add our preferred time when we schedule the analytical snapshot. Actually am moving the opportunity records in to custom object through analytical snapshot. when am schedule the analytical snapshot it shows the preferred time only 8.00 AM. I want to schedule the snapshot in another time. how to add the timing here.

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

Hi,

When i am trying to import SF data using data loader into sandbox following errors are showing up

1. Insufficient access rights on cross reference id

2.Invalid access rights

Can anyone help me to fix these errors?

Thanks..

Hi folks, while sharing the Opportunity record one org to another org it asking for share Opportunity Products check box. even if i checked the check box unable to getting related products. I checked all the publish and subscribe settings. Please help on this. Regards, Krish

hi friends,

i am getting problem while validating zip field

i want to use only numbers and text in my zip field...

how to achieve this...

i have used something like this,

NOT(REGEX(Zip__c,'[0-9]'))

but not getting proper result

Hi

I have created a custom object and i want trigger for this . Where i should write this trigger

trigger MileageTrigger on Mileage__c (before insert, before update) {
MileageUtil.areMilesAllowed(Trigger.new);
}

There is no option of New in Apex Triggers . Custom object does not appear in Setup->Customise.

Thanks