• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey all,

We're trying to get some source to a partner of ours, and we note that while we have the generated classes from the 21.0 version of the partner WSDL, we don't have the actual WSDL file any more to generate the .java files from. When I go to my own download area to generate the WSDL, it generates only the latest (24.0) and I don't see any way to get previous revisions.

a- Does anyone have the version 21.0 WSDL that I could download from somewhere

b- Does Salesforce make old versions of these .wsdl files available somewhere else?

Thanks!

Marc

Hey all,

I've been searching all over for this answer to no avail. When I generate .java files from the partner .wsdl, what is the license type for the .java files? Are they considered public domain, or is there an open-source license I can distribute it under?

I have a customer that wants to remove anything from my distribution that does not have an explicit license, and this is a blocker for me.

Note - this isn't an explicit cross-post - I asked a similar question in the General forum several days ago asking about the license type for the .wsdl files (no answers to that thread). This is ultimately what I'm looking to get an answer to.

Finally - if you don't have an answer, but can tell me where to find the answer (or who to contact at sf.com), I'd be most grateful.

Thanks!

Hey all,

I've been searching everywhere for license information for the *.wsdl files, or more importantly, for the files generated from the .wsdl files. Better asked - when I generate .java files from the *.wsdl files and jar them up, under what license can I make that available to my customers? Public Domain? Commercial? LGPL? Can I just choose one?

If we can't get there directly, then can someone point me to the license for the *.wsdl files which would be used to generate the classes? I don't want to assume that just because I can freely download the WSDL files, that I am allowed to distribute without any permission from anyone the .jar file that I generate from it.

Thanks so much,

Marc

Hey all,

I've been searching all over for this answer to no avail. When I generate .java files from the partner .wsdl, what is the license type for the .java files? Are they considered public domain, or is there an open-source license I can distribute it under?

I have a customer that wants to remove anything from my distribution that does not have an explicit license, and this is a blocker for me.

Note - this isn't an explicit cross-post - I asked a similar question in the General forum several days ago asking about the license type for the .wsdl files (no answers to that thread). This is ultimately what I'm looking to get an answer to.

Finally - if you don't have an answer, but can tell me where to find the answer (or who to contact at sf.com), I'd be most grateful.

Thanks!