• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello all!

I am collecting some ideas and where I am going wrong.
My project is about a company who sells product with the help of sales people.
Whenever i create a product move, i want to trigger the creation of a delivery, and the delivery fires the creation of a feedback.
should i use the master detail relationship each time, and use the workflow triggers?
in this case i think i have to give a delivery at the creation of a product move. (experience)

how should I do it? what is your opinion?
Hi,
I can't create a quick action to run a flow from an Individual
Is this standard or am I missing something:
Flow mission from picklist
Hi,
we are using Office365 and have the standard SF addin installed - the one that allows you to see the contacts in SF related to an email and log the email in SF.

On "normal" desktops, the addin appears within Outlook but on remote desktops it disappears as soon as the user signs out and back in again.
Has anyone got the addon working on the standard Microsoft remote desktop?
Hi, digial experience sites have a configurable self-reg handler which seems to generate a page on the fly for new users to register.
Is there any way to add text to that page?
I tried modifying the experience builder self registration page, but it appears to be a different page.
thanks
  • September 26, 2022
hi,
I have a digitial experience site which allows the user to create records in SF using the standard new record page.
Is it possible to rename the "Confirm" button?
thanks
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have found a bug in the LWC component Lightning-Map when used with LWR sites

To reproduce: 

Create a lightning-map component with multiple map markers and place it on an LWR site. Click on one of the map markers inside the map (not the list view.). The bug does not occur on Aura sites, and I it only occurs if the site's CSP security level is set to "Strict CSP" or Lightning Locker is turned on.

Expected behavior: 
The description of only the selected map marker should appear in the map.

Actual behavior: 
All of the descriptions for all of the map markers appear in the map.

Further details:
The bug only happens if the map markers are passed to the lightning-map component before the map is loaded. But if you simply hard code some map markers in the component, it will occur consistently. You'll be able to reproduce the bug by following the "Displaying Multiple Addresses and a Title" example in the lightning-map documentation.

If you inspect the onmarkerselect event, event.detail.selectedMarkerValue will be undefined, which I presume is related to the bug.

Hi,
I wrote this code back in 2014, it has been running fine until yesterday when a customer compained that the year was wrong:
     String collectionDat =  datetime.newInstance(Date.newInstance(2020, 12, 28), time.newInstance(0,0,0,0)).format('YYYY-MM-dd');

this should return '2020-12-28'
now it returns '2021-12-28'

any ideas?
Hi,
I am using the NPSP batch data import to import donations.
I want to match on an unique ID, which is an autonumber on the Contact.
I can't include the autonumber in the field mapping and when I run the Process Batch, I get an SOQL error that "SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: " and the field I want to match on.
Turning off the autonumber and then including the field in the mapping fixes the problem, but is not a solution
Hi,
I am trying to create a new version of a second generation package.
I am getting the error message:
ERROR running force:package:version:create:  The ancestor package version [0.6.0.2] specified in the sfdx-project.json file hasn’t been promoted and released. Release the ancestor package version before specifying it as the ancestor in a new package or patch version.

But when I run sfdx force:package:version:report it says that this verison has been released:
Version                        0.6.0.2
Released                       true

This in my sdx-project.json:
"packageDirectories": [
        {
            "path": ".\\force-app",
            "package": "TaxClaim",
            "versionName": "ver 0.7",
            "versionNumber": "0.7.0.NEXT",
            "ancestorVersion": "0.6.0.2",
            "default": true
        }
    ],
Any ideas?
Hi,
I have an LWC component that displays the location of a custom object - it works fine in lightning, but when I add it to a community page (having set the target and targetConfig), the record ID is not available to the component.

In the docs it says "Only drag-and-drop Lightning web components that appear in the Components panel are supported in Community Builder. To create custom theme layout or page layout components, create custom Aura components instead."
Does this mean that I have to rewrite the component in Aura?
Hi,
I have a partner portal user who has access to campaigns and campaign members.
But it I create a report based on the campaign and campaign members report type, I get an insufficient privileges error when I try and run the report as the partner user.
I created a custom report type to mirror the Campaign and Campaign Members report and now the user can see the campaigns, but not the members.
However if she clicks into a campaign from the report, she can then see the members.
Have I missed something about reports and security?

Hi,
in my sharing model, Accounts are private for external users.
I have a partner user who has access to the account that they belong to, (Portal Role sharing)
I thought that would give them access to the child accounts in the hierarchy, but it doesn't seem to.
Do I need to write a trigger to adding a sharing rule for the partner user to all child accounts, or am I missing a setting?
Hi,
I have a report which shows all tasks and events.
When this is run by a partner portal manager, he can see all the events of his subordinates, but when he clicks into the event, he gets an insufficient privilege error.

The event is assigned to the subordinate and What ID points to an account which the manager has access to
Who Id points to a contact which the manager has access to.

Accounts and Contacts are both private

Calendar sharing doesn't seem to matter - I tried all the options and none made any difference.

It seems to be that a portal manager cannot see the details of events of his subordinates - is this correct?
Hi,
we are using Box.com with Salesforce classic. In the Box.com has anyone managed to hide the path and the search box?
We only want users to see the files related to the record they are looking at.
thanks
hi,
I am trying to use Named Credentials to get a list of users from Google's G-Suite.
So I created an app on the Google console and gave it a scope of https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly
I confirmed with Google's API explorer that both the scope and the URL I was going to make the request on were correct 
Then I created an Auth Provider and Named Credential leaving the Scope blank. But when I run this code in anonymous apex, I get an error "Insufficent Permission" returned from Google:
HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
req.setEndpoint('callout:Google/admin/directory/v1/users?domain=ncutraining.ie');
req.setMethod('GET');
Http http = new Http();
HTTPResponse res = http.send(req);
System.debug(res.getBody());

so I tried adding the scope to the Named Credential and the Auth Provider, but then I get  and error Missing_id_token when I try to save the Named Credential.
Has anyone got something similar working I could look at?
thanks
Hi,
I am using the sfdx force:package:version:create command to attempt to create the first version of my package.
But the source code includes a reference to npsp, so I am getting an error "No such column 'npe01__SYSTEMIsIndividual__c' on entity 'Account'"

I understand that I have to add a dependency to the npsp in my sfdx-project.json file, but can someone give me an example of what to add?
thanks
Hi,
the new lightning calendar based on an object is lovely - but does anyone know of a way to distribute it?
I have system with 10 users and a requirement for the same 58 object calendars per user.
I don't want to login as each user and create each calendar.
Is there a way to either share an object calendar, or code the creation of a calendar?
hi,
I have a group of users on the Company Communities license. They can login to both the portal (community) and the standard Salesforce UI.
I want to restrict them to only the portal.
Is there any way to do this?
thanks
Hi,
I would like to switch a user to the community portal on login.
I could ask them to go to the portal login page and click on "Employee login", but there is no guarantee they are going to do that, so I would like to force them to the portal when they login.
Has anyone any idea how to do that?

Hi, 
I have a record (custom object) that is owned by a partner portal user. The partner portal manager can see that record, but not the tasks linked to the record. The tasks are also linked to a contact, but the manager also has access to that contact.
Is there somethink extra that has to be done to allow subordinates tasks to be visible to managers?
Hi,
Hi,
I hope I am missing something obvious, but how do I print a contact record in Lightning?
The standard print in Firefox only prints what is on the screen.
I found an extension for Chrome, but couldn't get it to work.
Has anyone solved this one?
  • September 08, 2017
hi,
I have an auth provider created in Salesforce to give me access to Sharepoint online, as part of the files connect setup process.
However, I am wondering if it is possible to get the access token from this in Apex, so that I can use the REST API to send files to Sharepoint without using the Files Connect UI
  • September 06, 2016
Hi,
I am using a flow to allow a user to edit a record.
I can display the current value of all the fields in the record except for picklists - is there any way to do this?

Also all my picklists in the flow are mandatory - do they have to be?

Hi,
we are using both Salesforce Enterprise and the Enterprise One App licenses.
If I develop a hybrid mobile app using SDK 2.1, do my users need the mobile feature license, or is that only required for the Salesforce Classic app?
thanks.

Hi,
Hi, digial experience sites have a configurable self-reg handler which seems to generate a page on the fly for new users to register.
Is there any way to add text to that page?
I tried modifying the experience builder self registration page, but it appears to be a different page.
thanks
  • September 26, 2022
hi,
I have a digitial experience site which allows the user to create records in SF using the standard new record page.
Is it possible to rename the "Confirm" button?
thanks
Hi,
I wrote this code back in 2014, it has been running fine until yesterday when a customer compained that the year was wrong:
     String collectionDat =  datetime.newInstance(Date.newInstance(2020, 12, 28), time.newInstance(0,0,0,0)).format('YYYY-MM-dd');

this should return '2020-12-28'
now it returns '2021-12-28'

any ideas?
Hi,
I am trying to create a new version of a second generation package.
I am getting the error message:
ERROR running force:package:version:create:  The ancestor package version [0.6.0.2] specified in the sfdx-project.json file hasn’t been promoted and released. Release the ancestor package version before specifying it as the ancestor in a new package or patch version.

But when I run sfdx force:package:version:report it says that this verison has been released:
Version                        0.6.0.2
Released                       true

This in my sdx-project.json:
"packageDirectories": [
        {
            "path": ".\\force-app",
            "package": "TaxClaim",
            "versionName": "ver 0.7",
            "versionNumber": "0.7.0.NEXT",
            "ancestorVersion": "0.6.0.2",
            "default": true
        }
    ],
Any ideas?
Hi,
I have a partner portal user who has access to campaigns and campaign members.
But it I create a report based on the campaign and campaign members report type, I get an insufficient privileges error when I try and run the report as the partner user.
I created a custom report type to mirror the Campaign and Campaign Members report and now the user can see the campaigns, but not the members.
However if she clicks into a campaign from the report, she can then see the members.
Have I missed something about reports and security?

Hi,
I have a report which shows all tasks and events.
When this is run by a partner portal manager, he can see all the events of his subordinates, but when he clicks into the event, he gets an insufficient privilege error.

The event is assigned to the subordinate and What ID points to an account which the manager has access to
Who Id points to a contact which the manager has access to.

Accounts and Contacts are both private

Calendar sharing doesn't seem to matter - I tried all the options and none made any difference.

It seems to be that a portal manager cannot see the details of events of his subordinates - is this correct?
Hi,
we are using Box.com with Salesforce classic. In the Box.com has anyone managed to hide the path and the search box?
We only want users to see the files related to the record they are looking at.
thanks
hi,
I am trying to use Named Credentials to get a list of users from Google's G-Suite.
So I created an app on the Google console and gave it a scope of https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly
I confirmed with Google's API explorer that both the scope and the URL I was going to make the request on were correct 
Then I created an Auth Provider and Named Credential leaving the Scope blank. But when I run this code in anonymous apex, I get an error "Insufficent Permission" returned from Google:
HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest();
req.setEndpoint('callout:Google/admin/directory/v1/users?domain=ncutraining.ie');
req.setMethod('GET');
Http http = new Http();
HTTPResponse res = http.send(req);
System.debug(res.getBody());

so I tried adding the scope to the Named Credential and the Auth Provider, but then I get  and error Missing_id_token when I try to save the Named Credential.
Has anyone got something similar working I could look at?
thanks
Hi,
on my force.com public site, the input date format uses the US format, but the public site guest user shows the time zone as GMT and locale as English/Ireland

The page is very simple and on another org, which looks identical to me, it is fine:
<apex:page standardController="Contact"  >
<apex:form>
<apex:inputField id="Date" value="{!Contact.BirthDate}" />
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

any ideas?
Hi there,

I'm using REST API to post data to Salesforce. However, the Lead Assigment rules we've created don't work even if the criteria have been met.

I'm working on connecting our salesforce app to talk to our google pubsub services. Now, I have the auth token part of it working, by presenting JWT as described here - https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/OAuth2ServiceAccount . This gives us the auth token that I then present to my rest calls to publish messages.

Now, I'm starting to wonder if anyone has a better way of connecting to Google APIs. In an ideal world, I would attach a cert defined in named credential to all of my callouts to Google APIs, but I haven't found any examples for this and I'm having a hard time articulating why this doesn't work or isn't supported out of the box.

I'm an oauth noob here. Have self signed certs on rest requests been deemed inherently insecure? Is there a better/easier way to connect to google services?

• November 14, 2016