• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

can we assign portal user (authenticated site license) to a Lead?

• March 07, 2012

I am running an email campaign. First I will import the members from a CSV file after which I want to send them all an email with an attachment. Is the way to do this is to click on 'send an email' button in the activity history? Isn't there anything at the campaign level that I can just click once and it will send out an email to every member that is part of the campaign?

• January 30, 2012

Hi,

We have created our own Quote PDF using a VF page. We cannot however find a way to save this PDF in the Quote PDF related list as we can had we been using the standard quote functioinalityy provided by salesforce in which case the PDF opens up in a sepearte window and the interface has the  'save to quote button'.

As the saved quote gets saved as a record of QuoteDocument object. Can we perform a DML opeation in the QuoteDocument object?

• December 19, 2011

This record type cannot be deleted because the following profiles use this record type as default.

Profiles Chatter External User

where is the record type editor for this profile?

• October 31, 2011

Is there a way to override the 'select' button the product selection page? I want to write some javascript to carry over some fields from the products records in the list that is displayed and display them in the 'Add product page' we are taken to after clicking select. 

• October 11, 2011

Hi All,

I have a scenario. I have one custom object called "Object A" and another custom Object called "Object B".

"Object B" is a related lIst of "Object A". I have only two custom fields in "Object B", First one is "Type" picklist data type and second one is "value" pecentage data type Field.

Now i want to create a pie chart for these two fields of  "Object B" based on "object B" fields value. is this fisible accordingly look n feel and logically because in pie chart we have to maintain "100%" limitation. we can not exceed the value above 100. if user is creating 5-7 values with same picklist and percentage value then how it will update for other values? As per my knowledge pie chart work only for one record at a time.

if this is possible then how i can add the other records of  "object B" in pie chart. Please reply me ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

• September 19, 2011

I have two object A and B.

When the ID of object B is saved to a field in Object A, a second field in Object A should populate that will now have the name of Object B.

There is no relationship between object A and B. 

Other than trigger what other way is there to do this?

• September 15, 2011

I want to deploy from sandbox to production using change set.  Is there a wayI can push my standard objects using change sets?

• September 01, 2011

I have a requirement where a lookup field needs to either be autopopulated with a particular record or when I click the magnifying icon to only show that particular record so I can't choose anything else. How can I do this?

• August 23, 2011

Hi,

I want to create a report that can show data over the last 180 days or 6 months. Right now salesforce limits me to 120 days is there a way to do this?

• August 08, 2011

Hi,

I have a field on opportunity and when this opporunity is created from a Lead I need to make a certain field to be read only. If opportunity is made directly then this field can be editable.

How can I do this?

• August 02, 2011

Hi,

Unless Lead status has a certain value, I need to prevent the user from converting it to an opportunity. How can I do this?

• July 31, 2011

Hi,

When I got to add a product from opportunity, I want the list of records from another custom object lets call it 'widgets' to be showing there.

I also want that when I search for a product, only widgets should be searched.  How can I do this?

• July 28, 2011

Hi,

After clicking the 'create PDF' on the quote object, and then the 'save and email quote' button, I am taken to the task window where I can select an email template by clicking the 'select template' button. Is there a way to have a template pre populated automatically instead of me having to choose a template manually when i click the 'save and email quote button'.

• July 21, 2011

Greetings,

We want to do a migration from an Oracle CRM to salesforce.com. We have emails along with their attachments that we want to migrate to salesforce.com  How can we do this? Will the emails be able to show up as cases in salesforce? what about the email attachments?. Will we be able to open the email from the Open Activity section and get to see the email's attachment like we can do in salesforce right now?

Any input is appreciated.

• May 06, 2011

We have a requirement where we want to translate our VF pages into different languages depending on the locale of the browser. I have looked into custom lables but it looks like it would be too tedious to create a label for the many different languages we want to provide support for. We also want to translate picklist values. Is there a resource bundle equivalent in salesforce like we have in Java?

In addition to this we also want to have mini flag icons, clicking which would cause the pages to be rendered in the respective language represenetd by that flag when clicked. 

Can someone direct me to some resources where I can learn how to implement this?

• April 19, 2011

I am running an email campaign. First I will import the members from a CSV file after which I want to send them all an email with an attachment. Is the way to do this is to click on 'send an email' button in the activity history? Isn't there anything at the campaign level that I can just click once and it will send out an email to every member that is part of the campaign?

• January 30, 2012

Hi,

I want to create a report that can show data over the last 180 days or 6 months. Right now salesforce limits me to 120 days is there a way to do this?

• August 08, 2011

Hi,

After clicking the 'create PDF' on the quote object, and then the 'save and email quote' button, I am taken to the task window where I can select an email template by clicking the 'select template' button. Is there a way to have a template pre populated automatically instead of me having to choose a template manually when i click the 'save and email quote button'.

• July 21, 2011