• Senior Salesforce Consultant
  • JPW Consulting

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to write a trigger that will look at a field where a salesforce Id has been loaded.  I want to then have the trigger populate another field with the record's name.  The catch here is that the Id can be from any object including chatter objects.  Is this something that can be done since the object itself is not defined? Also, these records would need to handle in batches since they will be dataloaded.  I'm am only just learning apex so any help from the community would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me exactly how I can create a lookup from one person account record to another in a one to one manner.  I want to create a field called spouse and have it lookup to another person account.  But after I do that, I want the recipricol spouse field to populate on the other record.  I don't want a related list, just a spouse lookup.  I've seen it done in another org but don't access to the developer.

HELP.

I am trying to build a trigger that will do the following:

Upon any changes (additions, deletions) to the Account Team related list, will gather the owner alias' of each member and then erase and update a field on the account record.

Example:  Account Team members:  John Doe, Jim Nelson, Peter Downey

On Account Record, a field called "Account Team Members" would then look something like this:  jdoe; jnelson1, pdowney

Each time a related list item is added, deleted or modified, the trigger would rerun to erase and update that field.

I don't have any experience in writing triggers and would greatly appreciate any help from someone who could walk me through this A-Z.

Hello,

I started this new superbadge yesterday and I am wondering if there is an issue with step 7: Set up reporting for sales managers in Lightning Experience.

I believed to have done everything right () report was created, added to Account, Dashboard was created. But I received the following error: 

ERROR: The Opportunities Pipeline report must: 
        1. Display data for all time, 
        2. Show opportunities by stage, 
        3. Contain a funnel chart, 
        4. Provide the information required by the dashboard.
I am trying to understand it, but the requirements and point 4 in the error message makes it a little unspecific (I can dismiss error 1,2,3 easily)... What information do they want to show on the Dashboard? I created all 3 charts but I guess I am not displaying the correct metrics...    
  • September 06, 2017
I am trying to write a trigger that will look at a field where a salesforce Id has been loaded.  I want to then have the trigger populate another field with the record's name.  The catch here is that the Id can be from any object including chatter objects.  Is this something that can be done since the object itself is not defined? Also, these records would need to handle in batches since they will be dataloaded.  I'm am only just learning apex so any help from the community would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Can anyone tell me exactly how I can create a lookup from one person account record to another in a one to one manner.  I want to create a field called spouse and have it lookup to another person account.  But after I do that, I want the recipricol spouse field to populate on the other record.  I don't want a related list, just a spouse lookup.  I've seen it done in another org but don't access to the developer.

HELP.

I am trying to build a trigger that will do the following:

Upon any changes (additions, deletions) to the Account Team related list, will gather the owner alias' of each member and then erase and update a field on the account record.

Example:  Account Team members:  John Doe, Jim Nelson, Peter Downey

On Account Record, a field called "Account Team Members" would then look something like this:  jdoe; jnelson1, pdowney

Each time a related list item is added, deleted or modified, the trigger would rerun to erase and update that field.

I don't have any experience in writing triggers and would greatly appreciate any help from someone who could walk me through this A-Z.

Hi

I want to write a trigger (before insert and after update) to set a single field on the Account record which is the concatentation of a field from many child records (from ERP_Account). 

For exmaple: if the ACCOUNT record has many ERP_Accounts with the value in field ACCOUNTNO as 'TEST1','TEST2','TEST3' respectively, then I want to set ACCOUNTNOS field in the Account record with the value 'TEST1, TEST2, TEST3,' 

Dont know where to start - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ross

• April 15, 2011