• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a custom button on the standard Case details page.  The button calls a visualforce page which autoruns some Apex Code..    The code gathers some data and makes an outbound WS call..   It then returns to the current Case Details page..  

This code works fine: 

PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/' + theId);
        pageRef.setRedirect(true);
        return pageRef;

when I trie to include a message via this code just before the page ref it doesn't display..  
        ApexPages.Message myMsg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.INFO, 'Eligibility Determination Submitted');
        ApexPages.addMessage(myMsg);

Do you know if the Case details page includes the Apex:Message tag?   I would think it does but I can't decide if I'm doing my Apex code wrong or if the page just doesn't display messages..  
thanks!!!
Gary

I have seen a few discussions on the varying boards and I still can't determine if this is possible or not..    

Given this relationship

Case -> Account -> Contacts -> CustomObject..  

Can I retrieve these detials with a single query over the web service API?   

The docs imply 5 levels on the parent child nesting.. but anything beyond two causes errors.. 

for instance this:

Select CaseNumber, (Select Contacts.FirstName from Case.Account), Contact.FirstName, Contact.LastName from Case

causes: Didn't understand relationship 'Case.Account' in FROM part of query call

if I try:

Select CaseNumber, (Select FirstName from Account.Contacts), Contact.FirstName, Contact.LastName from Case 

it causes:   First SObject of a nested query must be a child of its outer query

Any siggestions?  I would really hate to have to ask for the account and then ask for the contacts and then ask for the custom objects.. that's a very chatty web service (maybe that's why they keep pushing this "Chatter" thing.. :-) )

Thanks in advance

I have a custom button on the standard Case details page.  The button calls a visualforce page which autoruns some Apex Code..    The code gathers some data and makes an outbound WS call..   It then returns to the current Case Details page..  

This code works fine: 

PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/' + theId);
        pageRef.setRedirect(true);
        return pageRef;

when I trie to include a message via this code just before the page ref it doesn't display..  
        ApexPages.Message myMsg = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.INFO, 'Eligibility Determination Submitted');
        ApexPages.addMessage(myMsg);

Do you know if the Case details page includes the Apex:Message tag?   I would think it does but I can't decide if I'm doing my Apex code wrong or if the page just doesn't display messages..  
thanks!!!
Gary

I have seen a few discussions on the varying boards and I still can't determine if this is possible or not..    

Given this relationship

Case -> Account -> Contacts -> CustomObject..  

Can I retrieve these detials with a single query over the web service API?   

The docs imply 5 levels on the parent child nesting.. but anything beyond two causes errors.. 

for instance this:

Select CaseNumber, (Select Contacts.FirstName from Case.Account), Contact.FirstName, Contact.LastName from Case

causes: Didn't understand relationship 'Case.Account' in FROM part of query call

if I try:

Select CaseNumber, (Select FirstName from Account.Contacts), Contact.FirstName, Contact.LastName from Case 

it causes:   First SObject of a nested query must be a child of its outer query

Any siggestions?  I would really hate to have to ask for the account and then ask for the contacts and then ask for the custom objects.. that's a very chatty web service (maybe that's why they keep pushing this "Chatter" thing.. :-) )

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

Writing some apex which converts an opportunity to another custom object of mine, and it acts upon a button press.  When it fails I want to display page messages to inform the user why it failed.  However, with it being a standard page I dont seem to be able to do it.  In a custom page obviously I'd just stick in the <apex:messages /> tag but with this being the standard Opportunity page, how can I display messages?

Thanks!

Steven