• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

So this is a bit strange....

I have a VF page written that creates badges(labels) for contacts with their name and picture.

The way we are gettin multiple pictures is by refrerencing a .zip file as a static resource.

The funny thing about this is that when I try to upload the zip file to the static resource it does not work (the pictures come up broken) but....  when my collegue uploads it the exact same way, the files work great.

We are both using Mac osx.  My operating system is 10.6.7 and his is a bit newer.

Any ideas about this one???

So I believe this subject has been covered a few times in here, however I have not found anywhere that covers merging a series of images using static resources.

Right now I am succesfully calling up a single image stored in our static resources by using the following line...

<tr><td align="left"><apex:image value="{!$Resource.John_Doe}" width="198" height="227"/></td></tr>

What we are now trying to do is call up a series of photos on the same sheet (labels).

All of the image names are created from the field Full_Name__c, therefore I was hoping to merge that field into the static resource name to call them up in succession.  Something like....

<tr><td align="left"><apex:image value="{!$Resource.{!SelectedOpportunity.Full_Name__c}}" width="198" height="227"/></td></tr>

I know this does not work, but does anyone know of another solution?

P.S.  I will have to create static image files for all the photos, however all of these photo's are currently held on an intranet server, so our first thought was to reference those URL's in our visualforce page to merge them all using the same technique, ie ...

<apex:image url="http://123.123.1.12/~intranet/photos/" {!SelectedOpportunity.Full_Name__c} ".jpg

I'm pretty sure this is not possible.... but.... if anyone knows how to do that, it would be the most ideal option.

Thanks for all the future replies!

So this is a bit strange....

I have a VF page written that creates badges(labels) for contacts with their name and picture.

The way we are gettin multiple pictures is by refrerencing a .zip file as a static resource.

The funny thing about this is that when I try to upload the zip file to the static resource it does not work (the pictures come up broken) but....  when my collegue uploads it the exact same way, the files work great.

We are both using Mac osx.  My operating system is 10.6.7 and his is a bit newer.

Any ideas about this one???

So I believe this subject has been covered a few times in here, however I have not found anywhere that covers merging a series of images using static resources.

Right now I am succesfully calling up a single image stored in our static resources by using the following line...

<tr><td align="left"><apex:image value="{!$Resource.John_Doe}" width="198" height="227"/></td></tr>

What we are now trying to do is call up a series of photos on the same sheet (labels).

All of the image names are created from the field Full_Name__c, therefore I was hoping to merge that field into the static resource name to call them up in succession.  Something like....

<tr><td align="left"><apex:image value="{!$Resource.{!SelectedOpportunity.Full_Name__c}}" width="198" height="227"/></td></tr>

I know this does not work, but does anyone know of another solution?

P.S.  I will have to create static image files for all the photos, however all of these photo's are currently held on an intranet server, so our first thought was to reference those URL's in our visualforce page to merge them all using the same technique, ie ...

<apex:image url="http://123.123.1.12/~intranet/photos/" {!SelectedOpportunity.Full_Name__c} ".jpg

I'm pretty sure this is not possible.... but.... if anyone knows how to do that, it would be the most ideal option.

Thanks for all the future replies!